Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

So many "new" people for these boxes recently.
    You would almost think Virginmedia has seen it fit to increase the bills again.
    Which reminds me... need to get rid of them still

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

For someone just starting off would a fire tv stick be sufficient for kodi or would I be better off getting a minix?

Minix

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Lads the Minix Neo U1 is on a lightning deal now for £83 pound and is being claimed incredibly fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,746 ✭✭✭SachaJ

Lads the Minix Neo U1 is on a lightning deal now for £83 pound and is being claimed incredibly fast.

Are they that good? I have two Fire TV 4K boxes already and what would the benefit be to upgrading? Was considering the Shield anyway as its running Android TV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 161 ✭✭OCEANIC FIZZY POP NINE

SachaJ wrote: »
    Are they that good? I have two Fire TV 4K boxes already and what would the benefit be to upgrading? Was considering the Shield anyway as its running Android TV.

Minix probably a downgrade from fire tv.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

:pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,535 ✭✭✭droidman123

Got my H96 pro + today.been messing around with it for the last hour and it's so fast compared to my last Android box.it has 3 GB of RAM and was only €65 delivered. Everything running smoothly and I love the u.i. and it has 16 GB storage and runs marshmallow.i wouldn't put anyone off getting it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Got my H96 pro + today.been messing around with it for the last hour and it's so fast compared to my last Android box.it has 3 GB of RAM and was only €65 delivered. Everything running smoothly and I love the u.i. and it has 16 GB storage and runs marshmallow.i wouldn't put anyone off getting it.

Keep us informed if you don't mind - that's the main one I've had my eye on - would love some real feedback after a few days use - I find you just can't trust the Amazon reviews for these boxes - every second person is giving their 'unbiased' opinion having got the box for free..

1 quick question though - does it come rooted?
    Pretty much a deal breaker for me if not...

• Registered Users Posts: 8,179 ✭✭✭batistuta9

I've a wetek play & wouldn't recommend it to most people. Sounds like they've improved.

BandMember wrote: »
    :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

As someone planning on moving from my libreelec MK808B+ I'd be interested in finding out which of you are 'more' correct here?

AFAIK, the best 'prime video' experience is on the fire box. There's also a 'perfectly apt' kodi experience available.

Can Minix play Prime Video / Kodi better?

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Keep us informed if you don't mind - that's the main one I've had my eye on - would love some real feedback after a few days use - I find you just can't trust the Amazon reviews for these boxes - every second person is giving their 'unbiased' opinion having got the box for free..

1 quick question though - does it come rooted?
    Pretty much a deal breaker for me if not...

Im not sure if its rooted or not,but it comes fully loaded with all or most of the addons you could want.i only had to put a couple of addons on it that wernt on it.it is seriously superfast.i.got it for €65 euros from gearbest through a coupon code from the gearbest forum on here,i think the original price is €75 or thereabouts.i have been using it now for a few hours and i would definitly recommend it.

Edit: just seen it for €61.58

m.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_503487.html?wid=21

As someone planning on moving from my libreelec MK808B+ I'd be interested in finding out which of you are 'more' correct here?

AFAIK, the best 'prime video' experience is on the fire box. There's also a 'perfectly apt' kodi experience available.

Can Minix play Prime Video / Kodi better?

Any Google search will tell you that the best boxes on the market are the Shield and the Minix. Just look at this thread for people talking about it and see how eager they were to snap up the flash sale deal earlier. Everyone has their own opinion, but this seems to be the majority one...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭SteM

Im not sure if its rooted or not,but it comes fully loaded with all or most of the addons you could want.i only had to put a couple of addons on it that wernt on it.it is seriously superfast.i.got it for €65 euros from gearbest through a coupon code from the gearbest forum on here,i think the original price is €75 or thereabouts.i have been using it now for a few hours and i would definitly recommend it.

Don't think I've bought from Gearbest before. How long was shipping and is there a chance it'll get caught at customs?

Zidoo X9S Lightning deal on Amazon from 1.30am

SteM wrote: »
    Don't think I've bought from Gearbest before. How long was shipping and is there a chance it'll get caught at customs?

My Nexbox from gearbest took 10 days to get here and was shipped from their EU warehouse in the UK, so no customs issues.
    When you are on the site going through the order process, it will tell you if it can be shipped from their EU warehouse.

Just got an Nvidia Shield off Amazon Warehouse. £158 and 20% off. Came in at £129.

Still showing as in stock so there might be a couple more.

SachaJ wrote: »
    Zidoo X9S Lightning deal on Amazon from 1.30am

This has been moved out to 6.30am tomorrow.

SteM wrote: »

Mine came from China and took about 2 weeks,no issues with customs

• Registered Users Posts: 12,469 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Still happy with it?

Still happy with it?

Yes,only been using it for a day or so,but definiltly happy with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys going to order a second device for upstairs. I have an Amazon Fire TV downstairs which will be used 90% of the time but for the second device I'm between the Nexbox A95X or a Fire Stick.

Thoughts?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Was there anything worthwhile on black Friday in the end up?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Was there anything worthwhile on black Friday in the end up?

Nothing in the line of the newer 3gb ram boxes I've me eye on..
    Few bog standard ones, last year's models type of thing..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Yeah that's what I thought too.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭thelibertyboy

Hi Lads,

Im looking to get this guy iv seen good reviews on it i just want to use it for tv and kodi nothing major any comment would be appreciated :)https://www.amazon.com/PowerLead-S802-Streaming-Cotex-a9-Miracast/dp/B00XKXCP98

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

has anyone used the forge tv unit, if so feedback please

they are on ebay but the guy with the cheapest of them will not post outside the uk mainland, so an post/address pal is required

what about this one from fleabay, stg66 plus free delivery to pw/pm

3GB/16G H96 Pro Android 6.0 TV BOX Amlogic S912 Octa Core KODI 17 WiFi BT 4K OTA

Hi Lads,

Im looking to get this guy iv seen good reviews on it i just want to use it for tv and kodi nothing major any comment would be appreciated :)https://www.amazon.com/PowerLead-S802-Streaming-Cotex-a9-Miracast/dp/B00XKXCP98

Personally, I wouldn't touch it. Had a bad experience with a MXIII before, nothing but problems with it. They are not a very user friendly device (in my opinion anyway) and I would not recommend for a first box.

Others may disagree with me though....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Hi Lads,

You're gonna get hit by customs for that. Try Amazon.UK for better ones, There are a couple of 2/16gb ones on offer there.. This is one of the better ones:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Wireless-Keyboard-Marshmallow-Streaming-processing/dp/B01IVL064E/ref=gbps_tit_m-8_1ed7_9a333796?smid=ACDZAGL2I89L8&pf_rd_p=0944287c-7a19-408e-98ad-cfadaac91ed7&pf_rd_s=merchandised-search-8&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_i=161428031&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=Z95TTF68ZD4GMM31T983

Advertisement