Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,742 ✭✭✭Raoul

bazzz wrote: »
    I don't use any Wetek devices,but if it's for mostly Kodi related media streaming etc,etc.....Libreelec/Openelec are specifically built for this purpose,so it's a very light OS.
    So if it was mine I'd go dual boot Android-OE/LE and see if this runs smooth as a whole.Both have different advantages.

I got the C/T/T2 version.

Can you tell me the advantages? Ha. I know about LE but not really sure about the other side.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Anyone any experience of the following?:

Have an M8 box for the last 2 years working perfectly , last week out of nowhere the sound has packed in, picture is still perfect and everything else is working great.

Changed the HDMI cable but the same result :( .....and yes volume is up and box not muted!!!! is my box knackered or can anyone suggest a fix?

Not much good without sound

Thanks!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Have an M8 box for the last 2 years working perfectly , last week out of nowhere the sound has packed in, picture is still perfect and everything else is working great.

Changed the HDMI cable but the same result :( .....and yes volume is up and box not muted!!!! is my box knackered or can anyone suggest a fix?

Thanks!!!

Can't help but have an old M8 box lying about if your near Clonmel. It's has Open Elec on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Perhaps change HDMI sockets on your TV also

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Thanks!!!

Make sure it is not one specific app that has lost sound, does the issue occur with Youtube , Netflix, Chrome etc

Make a note of sound settings if you need to revert, change these from 5.1 to Stereo etc , play around with sound settings

Do you have a AV out or Toslink port https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK you can use

If none above work, factory reset box or update firmware

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Can't help but have an old M8 box lying about if your near Clonmel. It's has Open Elec on it.

In Dublin but thanks :) , if its doneski I'll be buying a new one.

k123456 wrote: »
    Make sure it is not one specific app that has lost sound, does the issue occur with Youtube , Netflix, Chrome etc

Make a note of sound settings if you need to revert, change these from 5.1 to Stereo etc , play around with sound settings

Do you have a AV out or Toslink port https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TOSLINK you can use

If none above work, factory reset box or update firmware

Sound gone on everything :mad:

I'll have a play around with it and if all else fails the dreaded factory reset:eek:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Might want to look at the sound (output) settings.
    When ****ing about with mine i found a settings for (by head) spdif, pcm. auto and ...something.
    Select the wrong one and all sound is gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

How is Netflix running on the latest devices? I got a mk808b a couple of years ago but Netflix was janky as f*ck, had to keep the PS3 just for Netflix.
    Is it running smoother minix neo u1?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,445 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

How is Netflix running on the latest devices? I got a mk808b a couple of years ago but Netflix was janky as f*ck, had to keep the PS3 just for Netflix.
    Is it running smoother minix neo u1?

is there really a need for netflix on these boxes?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,116 ✭✭✭Trent Houseboat

I let my mammy use my Netflix login, she wouldn't be proficient in the other arts.
    Then I might have other uses for the box when I visit for the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,212 ✭✭✭chris_ie

Any Irish shops selling the MiniX Neo U1 for non rip off prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭SteM

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Why do people always say that? There's stuff on Netflix that's not easily available or available at all on these boxes. Netflix suits a lot of users, it's a treasure box if you have kids.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

SteM wrote: »
    Why do people always say that? There's stuff on Netflix that's not easily available or available at all on these boxes. Netflix suits a lot of users, it's a treasure box if you have kids.

I agree, my kids watch loads of cartoons on Netflix they cant get on Kodi!
    chris_ie wrote: »

Power City have them but at rip off prices! I think it is over €200 for the U1 and the remote! It is only €130 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

Shops? I would highly doubt it and I would strongly advise you to stay away from buying any box from a shop because they generally stock the lower quality boxes/out of date models and the marked up prices they sell them at is outrageous!! Have you checked the usual local online sites? There was a good deal on Amazon recently, probably still there if you check.

Note: The price on this model is falling and should fall further as the U9 (latest model) is due out shortly. However, it's still a great box and worth investing in though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

Wanderer78 wrote: »

Try watching "Narco's" on Kodi compared to Netflix.

I know it's possible to get subs via kodi, but it's not something I personally ever got a chance to research, hard to beat just turning Netflix on, and diving straight in.

Also, as others have said, if you have kid's, Netflix is hard to beat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

I got mine for €120 delivered to my door on amazon. Came with a little remote with a keyboard. Use the slower mail offered for the free delivery, it still only took about 4 working days.
    Cheapest I found here was €149 plus delivery without the extra remote.
    The link is a few pages back.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

Whats the best android box around the €50 mark at the moment?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

The u1 will prob be superseded by the Minix u9 Q1 2017 .  Having said that the release date has been pushed out several times

Whats the best android box around the €50 mark at the moment?

If you read the thread (even the last few pages), it's been covered to death at this stage...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭billybonkers

BandMember wrote: »
    If you read the thread (even the last few pages), it's been covered to death at this stage...

Have had a look, I seem to be getting lost in the amount of information :(

Have had a look, I seem to be getting lost in the amount of information :(

I really mean this genuinely (and am not being smart at all) when I say this, but, to be honest, there's not a hell of a lot to be confused about as the options have been covered in depth and clearly.

Again, I mean this genuinely, but if you think that's confusing, have you even looked at how these boxes work/operate and what you will be required to do to set them up, maintain and update them?

I only ask because buying the box is the easy part, it's the rest that can be a challenge - especially for people who are new to this technology or might not be great with technology in general.

Now, I'm not trying to scare you off - I encourage people to go down this route all the time. But, you do have to do a bit of work and research. It's not rocket science though and you'll get the hang of it in no time (and you'll be flying it then!). Don't worry if you struggle at first, we all started off somewhere you know..... ;):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭The high horse brigade

I've been given a Wetek Play by my sister and the Enigma 2 Rom is all messed up. What's the best Enigma 2 Rom to flash on it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,249 ✭✭✭GY A1

I've been given a Wetek Play by my sister and the Enigma 2 Rom is all messed up. What's the best Enigma 2 Rom to flash on it?

Found pbnigma the best really
    There was also an open vix out

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Big thread on them here, have one myself (sitting on the shelf at the moment until I get to mess about with it again).

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057531921

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Lameedia

inbox me please

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Lameedia wrote: »
    inbox me please

For what?

emmetkenny wrote: »
    For what?

He's a spammer selling crap - avoid him, but I imagine that he'll be banned soon enough anyway....

• Registered Users Posts: 28,094 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

BandMember wrote: »
    He's a spammer selling crap - avoid him, but I imagine that he'll be banned soon enough anyway....

I know I just wanted to waste his time :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Anyone try one of these or have any info if good or bad?
    I have aqn MX3 but looking to upgrade.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KUAK-Amlogic-Android-Streaming-Player/dp/B01MFCIYHK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1481919376&sr=8-9&keywords=amlogic+s912

Advertisement