Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 370 ✭✭The Wolverine

What's the best android box off Amazon circa €100 at the moment ? My friend wants one to hook up to his parents tv to allow them to watch Netflix for Xmas?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

What's the best android box off Amazon circa €100 at the moment ? My friend wants one to hook up to his parents tv to allow them to watch Netflix for Xmas?

Ah c'mon, at least try and pretend that you read a few pages of the thread before posting.... :(

BandMember wrote: »
    Ah c'mon, at least try and pretend that you read a few pages of the thread before posting.... :(

Any advice so? Or are you happy just posting passively aggressively to get out your RL frustrations? Ye wonder then why the site dying giving rubbish like that to someone looking for advice

I don't have any RL frustrations to be honest, I'm actually living a very happy and contented life. :)

It's just that when people don't bother to even read a few pages of the thread (where there question has already been answered loads of times already), what's the point in answering them when they probably won't even bother to read the replies either...

For the record, I've helped (or tried to help) multiple people both on this thread and in RL, but people have to put some effort in themselves rather than looking to be spoonfed, you know? There's some great people on this thread, who have given loads help to me and a large number of other people, so please give them (I don't care what you say about me) some respect, please.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

Any advice so? Or are you happy just posting passively aggressively to get out your RL frustrations? Ye wonder then why the site dying giving rubbish like that to someone looking for advice

The advice is don't be such a lazy sh1te and read back at most 20 posts! Not even pages, 20 posts!

Try it and let us know how you got on!

• Advertisement

branners69 wrote: »
    The advice is don't be such a lazy sh1te and read back at most 20 posts! Not even pages, 20 posts!

Try it and let us know how you got on!

Yeah it's almost like being beside the bed of a dying friend most of the day takes precedence over not reading a ****in boards thread doesn't it? I ask a simple bloody question for another friend so at least someone might have a good Xmas and take my mind off it for a few moment

Thanks for bloody nothing

A couple of things....

First of all, nobody here is psychic - nobody knows what is going on your personal life. If that is the case, I am sorry to hear it and I genuinely wish and your friend well.

Secondly, if you had took on board the advice that both myself and branners gave you and read back the couple of posts, instead of posting what you did, you would have had your answer ages ago.

Take care of yourself, and your friend. I really do mean that.

Secondly, if you had took on board the advice that both myself and branners gave you and read back the couple of posts, instead of posting what you did, you would have had your answer ages ago

Cheers real ****ing classy

Shove your sympathies up your hole

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Unreal laziness, so much information to be gotten in this thread but lazy posters cant be bothered to read a few posts or use the search function.

Cheers real ****ing classy

Shove your sympathies up your hole

Wow. I try to help you, treat you respectfully and offer you sympathy and you do nothing but post stuff like that? :confused:

Yeah, I don't think you're going to get much help here I'm afraid....

• Advertisement

Wow. I try to help you, treat you respectfully and offer you sympathy and you do nothing but post stuff like that? :confused:

Yeah, I don't think you're going to get much help here I'm afraid....

Oh yeah very respectful I mention a real reason like I did for not reading back and you tell me "if you had read back like I said instead of posting that you'd have had your answer"

Your a dick and full of **** I'm out, good luck.

Oh yeah very respectful I mention a real reason like I did for not reading back and you tell me "if you had read back like I said instead of posting that you'd have had your answer"

Feel free to continue with your personal attacks if you wish, but I won't be responding any further.

You obviously have no interest in getting any advice here, if you had you would have listened to the multiple people telling you what to do.

Bye now.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

If that your attitude to offers of help, you won't be long collecting more red cards.:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

If there ever was a time to post a clip from one of my favourite movies, its now.

• Registered Users Posts: 135 ✭✭ian.f

Has anyone had any luck with any of the newer 3GB boxes? I have my eye on the H96 pro but I wouldn't mind hearing from somebody who has actually used one other than Amazon reviewers.

Also, has anyone had an issues with boxes running S912?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

ian.f wrote: »
    Has anyone had any luck with any of the newer 3GB boxes? I have my eye on the H96 pro but I wouldn't mind hearing from somebody who has actually used one other than Amazon reviewers.

Also, has anyone had an issues with boxes running S912?

This is something I asked as well but hot no reply.
    vectra wrote: »
    Anyone try one of these or have any info if good or bad?
    I have aqn MX3 but looking to upgrade.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/KUAK-Amlogic-Android-Streaming-Player/dp/B01MFCIYHK/ref=sr_1_9?ie=UTF8&qid=1481919376&sr=8-9&keywords=amlogic+s912

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Ive had a beelink gt1 that has the s912 in it, whilst it was quick to use kodi kept crashing on it and it also had some other bugs and glitches. Some fingers pointed to it being the chip and some the firmware, even though beelink released a few updates for it. The s912 seems to be a bit new at present and doesn't appear to have any development hype around it compared to the s905/x.

I think i'd sit tight for a bit and see what the new year brings as 3gb boxes should likely start to become more mainstream and the s912 may attract further dev attention.

• Registered Users Posts: 523 ✭✭✭dealhunter1985

Anyone figured out a way to get skygo working on TV from an android box . I get the HDMI not supported message

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Anyone figured out a way to get skygo working on TV from an android box . I get the HDMI not supported message

Sky go and android boxes can be a pain,most aren't compatible. If you have it on a tablet or phone you can cast it to the box via miracast or similar and watch it on the TV. Not ideal but it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Got my Mi Box on Friday, haven't really had the chance to set up much on it, but just to answer some questions that were asked previously:

- It's defo the international version that's sold by Geekbuying. There were language options on setup, and the specs & interface matches int'l version
    - It arrived in the plain brown box.

A few other points:

- It got through customs import duty free :)
    - It's very small - the size of a small coaster
    - Automatic setup via my phone failed and had to be done manually; Google Play Services crashed on first boot :(
    - Voice search is working well; no integration with Netflix app as yet but I expect this will come soon as Google Home can do this now
    - No batteries included for the remote.
    - Overall I like the interface, presentation is slick and a lot more official looking than my older Tronsmart thing that looked very much like a Chinese import.

I bought a network/USB hub that is supposed to be compatible and will test this later this week as well as setting up a few other apps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

chris_ie wrote: »
    Any Irish shops selling the MiniX Neo U1 for non rip off prices?

Just seen an ad on Facebook. O' Callaghans Expert in Cork have them for €129 which is a good deal from a brick and mortar shop.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Sappy404 wrote: »
    Got my Mi Box on Friday, haven't really had the chance to set up much on it, but just to answer some questions that were asked previously:

- It's defo the international version that's sold by Geekbuying. There were language options on setup, and the specs & interface matches int'l version
    - It arrived in the plain brown box.

A few other points:

- It got through customs import duty free :)
    - It's very small - the size of a small coaster
    - Automatic setup via my phone failed and had to be done manually; Google Play Services crashed on first boot :(
    - Voice search is working well; no integration with Netflix app as yet but I expect this will come soon as Google Home can do this now
    - No batteries included for the remote.
    - Overall I like the interface, presentation is slick and a lot more official looking than my older Tronsmart thing that looked very much like a Chinese import.

I bought a network/USB hub that is supposed to be compatible and will test this later this week as well as setting up a few other apps.

Did you get Google Play working?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

Did you get Google Play working?

Google Music worked fine and I downloaded a couple of apps from the Play store. I don't know why it crashed on first boot but didn't notice any issues. .

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

So what are people planning to buy in anticipation of new versions of kodi not being compatible with older versions of Android?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Just wanted to post about something people may not have considered for their cheapo android box: a custom ROM..

The Leelbox Q3 pro I bought earlier in the year (S905X box) started crapping out on me -
    - Google play store wouldn't open and I'd have to go and get the latest apk, then eventually random apps wouldn't launch, with the message 'unfortunately (app name) has stopped'

I did a factory data reset, but this only resulted in the box getting stuck in a boot loop.

While waiting from a response from leelbox with link to download the software, I happened on a thread on XDA developers where a guy had made a custom ROM which he modified from a Mini M8s, but is also confirmed working on:
    - Tanix TX5 Pro (the newest revision has a different wifi chip so WIFI will not work)
    - Mini MX + S905x 1Gb
    - TX95
    - X96 this is the remote.conf
    - Nexbox A5 2G/16G
    - Nexbox A95x s905x 1g 8g
    - Beelink Mini MXIII II (works but not wifi sorry)

I said I'd give it a go, so downloaded the zip and flashed it - the difference is night and day from the buggy, annoying, bloated software that came with my box.
    It comes already rooted and with TWRP, so once I've finished setting everything up, I'll be able to do a full backup.

The only issues I've encountered are:
    1. The remote control doesn't work (the box came with a really crap remote anyway, and I use a wireless keyboard - the developer has included several remote.conf files for other boxes though

2. Wifi doesn't work on my box now (which doesn't matter to me - in fact, I had the room wired for Ethernet especially for this box and was p1ssed off when Ethernet didn't work on the old software

Just thought I'd mention it, as some of ye may have an old S905X box gathering dust because the software crapped out or was too annoying..

Thread is here - use at own risk etc etc..

http://forum.xda-developers.com/android-stick--console-computers/amlogic/rom-mini-m8s-ii-2gb-xannytech-custom-t3513805

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

could someone reccomend me a good android box and how should i pay for a good one?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Joe Hill

Bob Z wrote: »
    could someone reccomend me a good android box and how should i pay for a good one?

Qbox

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

That mediabox launcher thats comes pre installed on a few boxes is painfully slow at time. Nova is streets ahead of it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

Joe Hill wrote: »
    Qbox

thank you. ive seen a few online but where is the best place to buy one

• Advertisement

Bob Z wrote: »
    thank you. ive seen a few online but where is the best place to buy one

Seriously dude, read the last few pages of this thread - the days of spoonfeeding people here are over. Sorry. :(

Advertisement