Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Thinking of getting a new box....considering either of these 2

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291934520370?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Android-6-0-TV-Box-Pendoo-X92-Octa-Core-2GB-16GB-XMBC-Kodi-Fully-Loaded-S912-4K-/112241298465?hash=item1a221a4c21:g:ZYQAAOSwJ7RYVvwM

both octa-core 2GB boxes......anyone no any pros and cons? so many brands of boxes it's tough deciding, my old plain MXq box that cost 25 quid has never let me down so don't want to get stung for a box that costs 3 times as much

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭BluesWeeper

Any views on a pure android vs an amazon fire tv box? Besides being locked into amazons world any other downsides with the fire tv?

Have a 3 yo mygica android 4,2 atm and its creaking to run video on kodi etc. What about wetek core or hub?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Any views on a pure android vs an amazon fire tv box? Besides being locked into amazons world any other downsides with the fire tv?

Have a 3 yo mygica android 4,2 atm and its creaking to run video on kodi etc. What about wetek core or hub?

I have a core nearly a year now( its used constantly and never a problem) great box would highly recommend. Also Wetek offer good customer support and an active online forum which is very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Invincible

kleefarr wrote: »

Why did you not go for a box with Android 6.0 ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭Bob Z

sonofenoch wrote: »
    Thinking of getting a new box....considering either of these 2

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/291934520370?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Android-6-0-TV-Box-Pendoo-X92-Octa-Core-2GB-16GB-XMBC-Kodi-Fully-Loaded-S912-4K-/112241298465?hash=item1a221a4c21:g:ZYQAAOSwJ7RYVvwM

both octa-core 2GB boxes......anyone no any pros and cons? so many brands of boxes it's tough deciding, my old plain MXq box that cost 25 quid has never let me down so don't want to get stung for a box that costs 3 times as much

Would you recommend the mxq ? Why are you changing?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Bob Z wrote: »
    Would you recommend the mxq ? Why are you changing?

Would I? as a starter box why not.....I'd still use it as a 2nd box in another room and that's probably why I'm changing .......there's also the fact the older MXq boxes won't run Kodi 17 when it comes out and I just fancy something with a little more power more pleasing on the eye.....in the same way we change perfectly good tv's for something newer as one example

• Registered Users Posts: 12,717 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Lads will you stop discussing illegal content on this thread you will get it shutdown which would be a shame as it's a useful thread for discussing Andriod boxes in general!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,554 ✭✭✭✭vectra

BandMember wrote: »
    Seriously dude, read the last few pages of this thread - the days of spoonfeeding people here are over. Sorry. :(

Maybe for you it might be. But some of us are only to glad to help out.
    I hate this sort of Attitude.:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »

cheers the the thing is there are so many android boxes i dont know which one to go for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,807 ✭✭✭Jurgen Klopp

cheers the the thing is there are so many android boxes i dont know which one to go for

Hey mate i understand some may not be techy so don't be afraid to ask what you might think are silly questions, plenty of us are willing to help. Ive been using this Minix Neo for at least a year and no problem can't fault it

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B0192M8CSS/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1483066825&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=minix+neo&dpPl=1&dpID=411n1UDi5oL&ref=plSrch

Now, there is a newer version due early 2017 which would be a bit more future proof of you can wait called the Minix Neo U9

Just make sure you don't mention Kodi or other apps for dodgy viewing, you'll get banned, if you need any other advice your more than welcome to PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Originally Posted by Bob Z View Post

+1 to the Minix, they are well speced, reliable and have an active community, which is useful for
    1 firmware updates, (can iron out bugs)
    and
    2 Support questions

http://www.minixforum.com/

Some of the cheaper brands wont have these

k123456 wrote: »
    Originally Posted by Bob Z View Post

+1 to the Minix, they are well speced, reliable and have an active community, which is useful for
    1 firmware updates, (can iron out bugs)
    and
    2 Support questions

http://www.minixforum.com/

Some of the cheaper brands wont have these

So minix is better than mxq (which I've heard mentioned)

The Mini x is apparently a very good box.
    I personally have an MX111 I got it on ebay, This one

But again this is not future proof for the newer upcoming software.

Then again this is a question I myself need to ask the techie lads.
    I am currently running K*** 15.2.
    Can I not continue to run that as it works fine for what I need?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

I'm glad to help people out as well, but when people are too lazy to even read a few pages or even a few posts of a thread, will they even bother to read replies? These boxes require some research, effort and work - I wouldn't recommend them to people who are going to be too lazy to do that...

Well, if you read some of the thread, you would see plenty of people recomending boxes AND giving reasons why they are recommending them.
    The Mini x is apparently a very good box.
    I personally have an MX111 I got it on ebay, This one

But again this is not future proof for the newer upcoming software.

Then again this is a question I myself need to ask the techie lads.
    I am currently running K*** 15.2.
    Can I not continue to run that as it works fine for what I need?

I was never completely happy running 15.2, I never found it totally stable and upgraded to 16.1 as soon as there was a stable release. Been very happy with it to be honest, can't remember having any issues with it. You'll have to upgrade sooner or later as add ons will not be compatible with older versions and/or your box might not support it anymore if the firmware changes, but, I suppose for the moment, if it works for you, there's probably no point in changing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,685 ✭✭✭flutered

I'm glad to help people out as well, but when people are too lazy to even read a few pages or even a few posts of a thread, will they even bother to read replies? These boxes require some research, effort and work - I wouldn't recommend them to people who are going to be too lazy to do that...

Thats all very fine. But when you have people that simply have no clue where to start it is always helpful to get a bit of advice from experienced users.

Thats all very fine. But when you have people that simply have no clue where to start it is always helpful to get a bit of advice from experienced users.

Yep, only gonna make newbies afraid to ask for help, seen it happen across many forums if it annoys someone to repeat themselves I understand, just dont respond to their questions.

• Advertisement

Well, if you read some of the thread, you would see plenty of people recomending boxes AND giving reasons why they are recommending them.

I was never completely happy running 15.2, I never found it totally stable and upgraded to 16.1 as soon as there was a stable release. Been very happy with it to be honest, can't remember having any issues with it. You'll have to upgrade sooner or later as add ons will not be compatible with older versions and/or your box might not support it anymore if the firmware changes, but, I suppose for the moment, if it works for you, there's probably no point in changing it.

Yes I was going to get a mxq now people on here are saying it's not future proof so there's no harm in asking

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

What ever happened to the days when people used google to find out how to get the best out of these boxes? Instead we get constant questions about apps and add-ons that can't be discussed here.Even sticking Android box into the search on YouTube will give idiot proof guides to setting them up.
    The discussion now should be on future proof boxes which will be compatible with the new versions of kodi. (As far as I can see kodi doesn't breach the charter as it's just a media player,it's the add-ons that we can't talk about)Maybe a mod can completely clarify this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,789 ✭✭✭Alf Stewart.

zerks wrote: »
    What ever happened to the days when people used google to find out how to get the best out of these boxes? Instead we get constant questions about apps and add-ons that can't be discussed here.Even sticking Android box into the search on YouTube will give idiot proof guides to setting them up.
    The discussion now should be on future proof boxes which will be compatible with the new versions of kodi. (As far as I can see kodi doesn't breach the charter as it's just a media player,it's the add-ons that we can't talk about)Maybe a mod can completely clarify this.

I'm presuming kodi running on windows will be unaffected by this?

Maybe the pipo wasn't such a bad buy after all.

I'm presuming kodi running on windows will be unaffected by this?

Maybe the pipo wasn't such a bad buy after all.

Windows will be unaffected. Might go for a pipo or similar as my next box.

Windows will be unaffected. Might go for a pipo or similar as my next box.

I take it you mean by compatible with the new versions Kodi will only work with newer android like 6 or is there a bigger change planned for it that will gimp it on most android boxes?

I take it you mean by compatible with the new versions Kodi will only work with newer android like 6 or is there a bigger change planned for it that will gimp it on most android boxes?

Yep.The next version of kodi (17) will only work on the latest version of Android (6) and any future versions.The announcement is on the kodi website.

Yep.The next version of kodi (17) will only work on the latest version of Android (6) and any future versions.The announcement is on the kodi website.

Cool I think the new Minix will have 6 with an upgrade to 7. Still using the android 4 version myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,306 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Is it not android 5 and up?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,720 ✭✭✭SteM

NATLOR wrote: »

Yes it is.

• Advertisement

NATLOR wrote: »
    SteM wrote: »
    Yes it is.

I must check tomorrow but I could swear I am running 5 on my mx3.

Advertisement