Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

.red. wrote: »
    I bought my first box a few weeks ago, a minix neo u1. So far so good and it does everything I need it to do.
    Now I'm looking for a 2nd box for a TV in the kitchen but in no rush for it. When the new MINIX is released do ye reckon the U1 will drop much in price? I'd prefer to get another box that's decent quality but would rather not spend the €120/130 that another MINIX will cost for something that won't even be used once a week.
    If its not gonna drop much I'd nearly buy it now but if I thought I'd get it for a good bit cheaper in the next month or 6weeks I'd wait as I can just bring the one I have out with me for now.
    Just looked on amazon, bought mine with a remote for £99, same package now is £119 lol.

I found one 2nd hand on adverts with an a2 lite remote for €80 delivered. Its only a few months old so took a chance.
    Factory reset, updated everything and its now set up in the kitchen and working like new.
    Handy saving of €40/50.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Initial review of the Nexbox A95X. First thing is that it is tiny, I was used to the small Android boxes before but this really is tiny, my USB HDD sitting beside it looks huge

One thing to note both the Power cable and included HDMI cable are short. I managed with the power cable but the HDMI was way to short so had to use a spare. On boot up, you get to do standard settings, wifi even thou right beside the router was dodgy. After about a min it still hadn't picked up anything so I direct connected into router. I see the dodgy wifi on android boxes hasn't improved

Checked the installed apps, not many on there. No firmware updates so booted into kodi, preinstalled version was a bit ropey. Also didn't show as installed on google play so uninstalled and reinstalled.

Started to build my setup, prob 20% there. Performance so far has been ok, little bit slower than windows set up but that is to be expected.....maybe my skin a little chunky for it. Got set up and playing a couple of films from my collection. Everything looks good so far....worth the cash so far....

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭wtd2008

I added a Sky Skin to Kodi but now want to go back to the original.. Any ideas how? I can't find great option in the Sky Kodi? to change to the other skins... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

wtd2008 wrote: »
    I added a Sky Skin to Kodi but now want to go back to the original.. Any ideas how? I can't find great option in the Sky Kodi? to change to the other skins... Any help would be appreciated... Thanks

If you are using a keyboard press the "S" key and in the pop-up context menu
    go to Settings,then Appearance>Skin & change back there.

If you can't do that.....from file manager within Kodi or your Android device File Manager you need to navigate to :

Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/Addons/

Go towards the end of the folder list inside the addons folder and you'll see the installed skin folders.So yours will be called something like skin.skykodi.
    Without opening that folder highlight it and press the C key on your keyboard and in that context menu select Delete and confirm it.
    Now once your sky skin folder is gone,press the S key and quit/Exit Kodi properly.Then open Kodi again and the default should be restored.

Other than that,you could just go to Android/data/org.xbmc.kodi/files/.kodi/ and delete the contents of the Kodi folder.This will just wipe Kodi back to it's original state.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭vectra

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Initial review of the Nexbox A95X. First thing is that it is tiny, I was used to the small Android boxes before but this really is tiny, my USB HDD sitting beside it looks huge

One thing to note both the Power cable and included HDMI cable are short. I managed with the power cable but the HDMI was way to short so had to use a spare. On boot up, you get to do standard settings, wifi even thou right beside the router was dodgy. After about a min it still hadn't picked up anything so I direct connected into router. I see the dodgy wifi on android boxes hasn't improved

Checked the installed apps, not many on there. No firmware updates so booted into kodi, preinstalled version was a bit ropey. Also didn't show as installed on google play so uninstalled and reinstalled.

Started to build my setup, prob 20% there. Performance so far has been ok, little bit slower than windows set up but that is to be expected.....maybe my skin a little chunky for it. Got set up and playing a couple of films from my collection. Everything looks good so far....worth the cash so far....

Has the wifi connection improved?

• Advertisement

vectra wrote: »
    Has the wifi connection improved?

Haven't tested again, will try later.

Quick question and people might know, I done this in last box but no idea how to set up again

I have all my films/shows on USB HDD. I have each film in separate folder with same name of film. When I play the film it just opens the folder in kodi and then I have to click again on the film to start it. Before I could just click once and it would auto start

Please note this is not about illegal stuff, I have bought all the films and just use kodi to store and play them....

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Quick question and people might know, I done this in last box but no idea how to set up again

I have all my films/shows on USB HDD. I have each film in separate folder with same name of film. When I play the film it just opens the folder in kodi and then I have to click again on the film to start it. Before I could just click once and it would auto start

Please note this is not about illegal stuff, I have bought all the films and just use kodi to store and play them....

Thanks

This should help you.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I installed an app on the recommendation of somebody local,the bloody thing filled the box with ads and then I couldn't uninstall it.Had to reset the box to factory settings to get rid of the damn thing.Have it running to my liking again and there'll be no more experimenting with recommendations.(This fella sells boxes)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭vectra

zerks wrote: »
    I installed an app on the recommendation of somebody local,the bloody thing filled the box with ads and then I couldn't uninstall it.Had to reset the box to factory settings to get rid of the damn thing.Have it running to my liking again and there'll be no more experimenting with recommendations.(This fella sells boxes)

When setting up your box just keep it simple and choose wisely.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

That's why I always advise people never to use apps and to uninstall any that are on the box when you buy it. Half of them are riddled with pop up ads, viruses and the like. Besides, the content is very often rubbish quality and they seem not to work a lot more than they actually work. Just stick to the main program that everyone else uses and you'll be fine. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,775 ✭✭✭✭dahat

This is why I use LibreElec as the OS with two addons and two premium services with Trakt enabled, very simple and cost effective set up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

What is the best android box to get? I'm looking for one that has a wireless and wired connection. SNIP

EDIT: Didn't know app discussion was banned sorry

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

What is the best android box to get? I'm looking for one that has a wireless and wired connection, and that runs kodi, mobdro, showtime and popcorn

Eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

BandMember wrote: »
    That's why I always advise people never to use apps and to uninstall any that are on the box when you buy it. Half of them are riddled with pop up ads, viruses and the like. Besides, the content is very often rubbish quality and they seem not to work a lot more than they actually work. Just stick to the main program that everyone else uses and you'll be fine. ;)

I'm handy enough setting the box up. Normally when I get a new one the first thing that's done is uninstalling crap. I put 3 main apps on it,Kodi and 2 other famous ones.I broke my rule by putting this app on it and in fairness it only took me a few minutes to restore it the way I had it but for anybody not familiar with setting up boxes they'd have a nightmare.

Eh?

???

???

Read the title of the thread....discussion about those app is banned

Didn't know. Post edited.

Is the Q box any good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

It's in the title of the thread there really is no excuse for it.

Anyway, I've never heard of the q box. Most here recommend the minix, I recently got a nexbox and it's perfect for the other room but I'll invest in a dearer box for our main room. Go back a few pages and there'll be no shortage of discussion of different boxes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Laws looking for 3 boxes to play local content over the lan.
    As cheap as possible.
    Hevc compatible.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,991 ✭✭✭sword1

Redriddick wrote: »
    Laws looking for 3 boxes to play local content over the lan.
    As cheap as possible.
    Hevc compatible.

Which language is it to be in

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭Redriddick

Ahhhhh english

I'm considering the following two. I still can't decide.

2017 MXQ PRO 6.0 Android TV Box Link

Q Box 4K Android TV Box 2GB/16GB QBox Link

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

If it were me I would buy a Minix U1 .Similar price as both of those boxs .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

So, first of all you nearly get the thread closed by posting forbidden content and then you decide to go for two boxes (and at complete rip off prices as well) and a sales outlet which have repeatedly being the subject of negative posts? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

Total ripoff. Avoid like the plague.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Looks like €35.43 http://www.dx.com/p/mxq-pro-amlogic-s905-4k-quad-core-android-5-1-h-265-hardware-decording-1gb-8gb-smart-tv-player-418859#.WI-d-VUrJhE

• Site Banned Posts: 1 Nipeandnopw

I have been reading the last few pages, but I'm still confused on which box to buy. This will not be for games.

What is the best box to buy atm
    What minimum spec should I get
    Should I get android 6.0, or will 5.1 suffice
    I need ethernet as my WiFi is not always stable.
    My budget is circa €80, I can go higher if necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Slightly off-topic, but look at a pair of homeplugs. If you're with Eircom, you can get a decent set from them cheap enough.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,174 ✭✭✭Sappy404

I have been reading the last few pages, but I'm still confused on which box to buy. This will not be for games.

What is the best box to buy atm
    What minimum spec should I get
    Should I get android 6.0, or will 5.1 suffice
    My budget is circa €80, I can go higher if necessary.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=101742761&postcount=2174

Advertisement