Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

I think you've just answered your own question so.... ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I would install SPMC, much better for android devices!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,754 ✭✭✭BandMember

branners69 wrote: »
    I would install SPMC, much better for android devices!

Way ahead of you..... ;):P
    BandMember wrote: »
    I have both Kodi and SPMC installed on my android box. I've only been using SPMC for the past couple of months and I have to say that I am very impressed with it, everything runs very smoothly and some things run even better than with Kodi. I intend to stick with it for the future as my box is not Android 5.0 so won't be compatible with Kodi 17 and further releases.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

BandMember wrote: »
    Way ahead of you..... ;):P

A few months??? I have been using it years!!!! :P

But seriously it is much more stable and polished for android boxes, phones and tablets!

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

I've read up on all the advantages of running SPMC vs Kodi on and Android box... are there any material disadvantages?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 101 ✭✭Baxtardo

I have a Nexbox A95x which I need to return due to the green screen issue mentioned a few times on this thread. Gearbest are not responding to my tickets - ongoing for a month at this stage. Is there a way to deal with them or are they usually this bad with customer care? Cheers.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 158 ✭✭arkrow

Baxtardo wrote: »
    I have a Nexbox A95x which I need to return due to the green screen issue mentioned a few times on this thread. Gearbest are not responding to my tickets - ongoing for a month at this stage. Is there a way to deal with them or are they usually this bad with customer care? Cheers.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1757

They've a forum on boards.^^

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭5500

Baxtardo wrote: »

If you paid with paypal best to open a dispute theyll reply then, if they dont just escukate to a claim and leave it to paypal, theyll ask you to return either ways

• Registered Users Posts: 1 bndib

Is it xbmc that you put on the nexus player then?

romandroifre.blogspot.com

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭shakedown

I brought a mi box from aliexpress - paid €66 but then got stung for €22 in customs charges.

Box is great so far though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,183 ✭✭✭Invincible

shakedown wrote: »
    I brought a mi box from aliexpress - paid €66 but then got stung for €22 in customs charges.

Box is great so far though.

Feckin parasites.....

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

I'm getting that blue screen problem with the Nexbox A95X. I assume there's no guaranteed fix for it? If I get a different TV box, will I get the same issues or is it just that model?

For example, this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭renov8

Welcome to the club! I have done a fair bit of reading around on this and as far as i can see a lot of similarly priced boxes have the same problems.

You'll find some manufacturers have fixes due it but they don't seem to work for everybody. I've decided to live with it for a while and see if a proper fix comes. Otherwise, it's a new tv.
    I'm getting that blue screen problem with the Nexbox A95X. I assume there's no guaranteed fix for it? If I get a different TV box, will I get the same issues or is it just that model?

For example, this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

hey

got a dreamlink t1

excellent box so far

iptv is great as is spmc

unable to install any apks(tried sideloading) though seem to be limited to a small number of apps through the dream link market

no access to playstore

anyone any ideas how to get other apps

• Registered Users Posts: 8,182 ✭✭✭batistuta9

make sure you've allowed unknown sources in the security settings

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

hey

got a dreamlink t1

excellent box so far

iptv is great as is spmc

unable to install any apks(tried sideloading) though seem to be limited to a small number of apps through the dream link market

no access to playstore

The 1st review here suggests you can access a limited range of apps via Aptoide, using a code on your remote..
    Was this box recommended to you or had you done any research before buying?

https://www.amazon.com/Dreamlink-IPTV-Android-Quad-Receiver/dp/B01LWLGYL9

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Battery Kinzie

renov8 wrote: »
    Welcome to the club! I have done a fair bit of reading around on this and as far as i can see a lot of similarly priced boxes have the same problems.

You'll find some manufacturers have fixes due it but they don't seem to work for everybody. I've decided to live with it for a while and see if a proper fix comes. Otherwise, it's a new tv.

Really? That's a bit annoying. I had presumed that if I tried a s912(?) box it'd be okay. I know a lot of boxes are the same just with different brands attached to them, but I'd hope a better spec box would do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭kevin2800

Hi guys ,I'm looking for new Android box with 6.0 android for kodi 17.Any recommendations off adverts
    Thx

• Registered Users Posts: 15,226 ✭✭✭✭Ha Long Bay

kevin2800 wrote: »
    Hi guys ,I'm looking for new Android box with 6.0 android for kodi 17.Any recommendations off adverts
    Thx

Just got the mibox3 4k international and set it up. Bought it to replace a minix x8. Very impressed with it running android 6 and kodi 17 runs very well on it. Ordered through geekbuying got hit with customs so probably better order through the eu warehouse. It runs android tv so very similar layout to the shield tv box.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

hey

got a dreamlink t1

excellent box so far

iptv is great as is spmc

no access to playstore

Install Aptoide.Anything you need should be there.
    Here's a guide to installing play store on a Fire 7 tablet,it should work for Android boxes that don't have it either.

forum.xda-developers.com/amazon-fire/general/how-to-install-google-play-store-fire-t3486603

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 501 ✭✭✭Division

I'm curious what will happen with providers of PPV TV such as the English Premier League and major sporting events as these boxes are becoming very popular so Sky (and others) will have a major drop in revenue in the years to come and so won't be able to provide the same quality of services and the people who remain their customers will have to pay more and at a certain point will not continue to pay hundreds of euro per year when it can be gotten for free or nearly free once you buy the box for about €50.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

They might come to their senses, maybe one day.
    Of all the tv channels virginmedia could offer me i had only really interest in 1 (sky 5 for Dutch football) and maybe 2 or 3 other i had mediocre interest in.

But for me to watch Feyenoord legally, it would cost me so much each month, i could almost fly over and go to the stadium every 2 weeks.
    So instead of them offering me what i want for a normal price, they now get nothing.

I really paid way too long for those 20 mins per hour commercials on my tv.

Division wrote: »
    I'm curious what will happen with providers of PPV TV such as the English Premier League and major sporting events as these boxes are becoming very popular so Sky (and others) will have a major drop in revenue in the years to come and so won't be able to provide the same quality of services and the people who remain their customers will have to pay more and at a certain point will not continue to pay hundreds of euro per year when it can be gotten for free or nearly free once you buy the box for about €50.

They'll drop their outrageous prices and people will take up their service.

That's if people drop the service to begin with!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

inforfun wrote: »
    http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_414758.html?wid=3 2gb/16gb with 6.0

Selected the UK/EU warehouse version as getting stuff from China will be a pain in the coming weeks. Chinese new year

That is the one i mentioned 2 posts (or 3 up)
    Slightly more expensive than the one you ordered.

Since the update that sorted my hdmi issues, i am quite happy with this box.

Have gone for the 2/8 version.
    http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_414193.html

Looking forward to checking it out.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

arkrow wrote: »
    They'll drop their outrageous prices and people will take up their service.

That's if people drop the service to begin with!

Apologize for the longer post and probably slightly off topic but wanted to give my 2cents on the point above:
    Most likely they will go down the "skinny bundle" route (like some cable companies in the US) where you are given more á la carte options for content. As someone pointed out above, most of us are only interested in a small subset of the channels offered by the likes of Virgin/Sky but get sucked in to a "premium" bundle with a 120 channels only because we want to see 10-15 of those in HD. would be happy to pay less for the TV part and complement it with a Netflix, Amazon Prime or other OTT service.
    Sky's NowTV platform sort of goes down that road with a "no commitment, pick your own package" approach
    There is an interesting development at the EU level where the Commission, as part of its Digital Agenda initiative, will remove geoblocking restriction in the EU for content providers like Sky, Netflix, Amazon allowing people to watch their domestic content without restrictions in the EU. I posted this on another forum and there was some push back saying that it would have some fair usage policy to allow you to use it only on holidays. This well informed article seems to contradict that: https://techcrunch.com/2017/02/08/europe-agrees-to-end-geoblocks-on-travelers-digital-subscriptions-by-2018/

This just to say that, as the Feyernoord fan above, I too would legally pay for an OTT service that allows me to see Italian Serie A, Italian news in HD and some other local content without having to resort to VPN/DNSs or streams that are not HD and unreliable. I know a lot of ppl that shell out €5+ euros a month for a VPN to watch Italian content over here and that's money that the content providers are losing on by not being able to sell directly to audiences abroad that value their content

• Registered Users Posts: 764 ✭✭✭princemuzzy

UsedToWait wrote: »
    The 1st review here suggests you can access a limited range of apps via Aptoide, using a code on your remote..
    Was this box recommended to you or had you done any research before buying?

https://www.amazon.com/Dreamlink-IPTV-Android-Quad-Receiver/dp/B01LWLGYL9

recommended for iptv, which is absolutely spot on, I have a mag 254 and this is better imo

things like rte player I like having though

I have downloaded other apks and they wont install was aware about the lack of playstore just assumed I could sideload apps

have used that code again very limited selection

http://touch.boards.ie/thread/2057610877/21/#post102699888

That nexbox a few of ye have bought has a coupon code a few posts back up, xiamoi Android box and a few others there.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

I've tried a few games on my neo u1 using an air mouse remote. Angry birds was fine but the kids are obsessed with Roblox, a kind of Minecraft game(I think). I put it on and it didn't work.
    Is there any type of controller that would do the job? Bluetooth or USB, don't mind either.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

.red. wrote: »
    I've tried a few games on my neo u1 using an air mouse remote. Angry birds was fine but the kids are obsessed with Roblox, a kind of Minecraft game(I think). I put it on and it didn't work.
    Is there any type of controller that would do the job? Bluetooth or USB, don't mind either.
    Thanks.

Have you tried a PS3 or Xbox 360 controller?There are also lots of cheap Android Generic Gaming controllers available in many shops too.Some of these should do the job for you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,353 ✭✭✭.red.

bazzz wrote: »
    Have you tried a PS3 or Xbox 360 controller?There are also lots of cheap Android Generic Gaming controllers available in many shops too.Some of these should do the job for you.

I plugged in a ps3 and nothing worked. Downloaded axis controler and couldn't figure it out. Google wasn't much help.

Advertisement