Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android/Dream Box [ Illegal discussion = Ban ]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,011 ✭✭✭eamonnq

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Is it a dream box then? (I've always wondered what one is), and if so, should the thread title not be edited to remove that...

No, not dreambox, it is an IPTV box.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,455 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Is it a dream box then? (I've always wondered what one is), and if so, should the thread title not be edited to remove that...

no, theyre different beasts altogether, and really shouldnt be discussed here. a quick google will reveal what the craic is with them

• Registered Users Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

Anyone know how to get the Android menu bar back on a T95zplus? I minimized mine using the 'down arrow' button on screen and now can't get it back again :(

As a result, the only way I have of stopping a running app now is to go to the App settings and force stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,251 ✭✭✭CantGetNoSleep

BandMember wrote: »
    Wrong thread. Mag boxes are not android boxes. Also, their uses should definitely not be discussed here, as per the thread title.

A lot of legitimate uses for IPTV boxes - IPTV in itself is a trend that we will (legally) see becoming much more common - I didn't mention or suggest anything that wouldn't be legal.

Accept that it isn't an Android box though so maybe not the correct place to discuss their (legal) uses. Only asked as I see a thread here on Wetek Play too.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,531 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

Folks I seem to have muted my X8-H and can't disable it.
    I have tried several different methods from YouTube etc and has worked.

Any advice would be appreciated.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

yabadabado wrote: »

Have you tried using the + & - (not the volume one) keys on your remote/keyboard?
    Are you connected direct to the tv or are you using a AV Amp?

bazzz wrote: »
    Have you tried using the + & - keys on your remote/keyboard?
    Are you connected direct to the tv or are you using a AV Amp?

Yeah have tried the remotes and also tried a wireless keyboard.
    I'm connected direct to TV.

Yeah have tried the remotes and also tried a wireless keyboard.
    I'm connected direct to TV.

But you did try the Plus & Minus Keys....yes?Other notable keys F8,F9,F10 on their own or with FN pressed at the same time.
    Check the pass-through options on or off,manually select the audio input source.All from the Mbox settings(i think).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

Also have a look at the System Menu Volume (Speaker) Icon.
    And try the F8 button,I remember seeing that somewhere.

bazzz wrote: »
    But you did try the Plus & Minus Keys....yes?Other notable keys F8,F9,F10 on their own or with FN pressed at the same time.
    Check the pass-through options on or off,manually select the audio input source.All from the Mbox settings(i think).

I have tried those keys .I have also tried multiple other keys so am stumped.

I'm thinking I may just reload KODI

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Have you tried this
    Go to Settings > System Settings > Audio output. Make sure that the “Settings level” at the bottom of the screen is set at least to “Standard” level.
    Set the Audio output device to the output you are using.

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭ellobee

Have you tried this
    Go to Settings > System Settings > Audio output. Make sure that the “Settings level” at the bottom of the screen is set at least to “Standard” level.
    Set the Audio output device to the output you are using.

Yup tried that as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭kesey

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/solved-no-sound-minix-neo-u1.13106/#post-102420

Have a look at post #7.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,555 ✭✭✭✭vectra

r3nu4l wrote: »
    Anyone know how to get the Android menu bar back on a T95zplus? I minimized mine using the 'down arrow' button on screen and now can't get it back again :(

As a result, the only way I have of stopping a running app now is to go to the App settings and force stop.

When I do that. I point the mouse cursor at the bottom of the screen and drag it back up.

I have tried those keys .I have also tried multiple other keys so am stumped.

I'm thinking I may just reload KODI

You never mentioned Kodi in the first place:rolleyes: ! Did you sort it ?In settings>System settings>Audio>Audio output

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

r3nu4l wrote: »

Have you tried clicking the bottom of the screen and "pulling" it up with your airmouse?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Would people recomend putting Kodi17 on an Amazon fire tv? Currently have Jarvis.
    Thanks.

Would people recomend putting Kodi17 on an Amazon fire tv? Currently have Jarvis.
    Thanks.

is your version of jarvis broken?

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    is your version of jarvis broken?

No, still working fine.

• Advertisement

No, still working fine.

im a firm believer in, if it aint broken.....

im sure theres benefits of updating but im still running a very old version of kodi in which im reluctant to upgrade as i suspect i wont get it running exactly the way i have it currently running.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

minix U9 released with a new remote

http://www.minixforum.com/threads/minix-neo-u9-h.15764/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭BandMember

k123456 wrote: »

Already mentioned a week or two ago on the thread... ;) Are you getting one though, or has anyone else got one yet?? Any reviews?? :)

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to upgrading to one of these - I'm nearly accidentally dropping heavy objects as I pass my current box (which has absolutely nothing wrong with it, so I'm struggling to justify replacing it) in order to speed up the upgrade process..... :P :D

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Already mentioned a week or two ago on the thread... ;) Are you getting one though, or has anyone else got one yet?? Any reviews?? :)

I have to say, I'm really looking forward to upgrading to one of these - I'm nearly accidentally dropping heavy objects as I pass my current box (which has absolutely nothing wrong with it, so I'm struggling to justify replacing it) in order to speed up the upgrade process..... :P :D

That is exactly why i am still using a 11 year old LCD, a 10 year old AV receiver.
    They refuse to die.
    And i cant justify spending money on stuff that isnt broken.
    Went for one of these boxes because my media player (1st gen WDTV) couldnt handle the newer codecs anymore and used that as justification. WDTV is still working fine though.

inforfun wrote: »
    That is exactly why i am still using a 11 year old LCD, a 10 year old AV receiver.
    They refuse to die.
    And i cant justify spending money on stuff that isnt broken.
    Went for one of these boxes because my media player (1st gen WDTV) couldnt handle the newer codecs anymore and used that as justification. WDTV is still working fine though.

my sony crt is heading towards 20 years old, still going strong:p

• Registered Users Posts: 37,301 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

inforfun wrote: »
    Do you have the original WD OS on it, or have you flashed it yet? I did it a while back, and it supports a lot more of the codecs.

I upgraded to an android box that I could FTP stuff to from the main machine (the WDTV that I had didn't have a ethernet port).

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 20,862 Mod ✭✭✭✭inforfun

Wanderer78 wrote: »
    my sony crt is heading towards 20 years old, still going strong:p

My 1st job was delivering tv's (amongst other stuff).
    I know exactly how much those Trinitron bastards weigh when going up to the 4th floor in a building without a lift.

Most fun i had with these though

Those piles of **** were 130 kg. costed Dlf 10.000 (€4500) and had a horrible picture quality. viewing angle had to be 100% straight in front otherwise the picture looked foggy.

If you see what you can get now for 3/400 ....

the_syco wrote: »
    Do you have the original WD OS on it, or have you flashed it yet? I did it a while back, and it supports a lot more of the codecs.

I upgraded to an android box that I could FTP stuff to from the main machine (the WDTV that I had didn't have a ethernet port).

Never flashed it, just updated the fw.
    Never really had the need to go the alternative route with it.
    And what i get with my android box now i would never get with the WDTV.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 873 ✭✭✭Casey78

Thanks.

I have it on a firestick and it's running fine.

I will buy it but gonna wait a few weeks let them iron out all the kinks first.
    Will be upgrading from X8-h.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭k123456

Will too buy from also from the X8-h non plus, the X8-h non plus does nor dual band aka ac wifi and no 1gb nic.

Will too buy from also from the X8-h non plus, the X8-h non plus does nor dual band aka ac wifi and no 1gb nic.   review https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fvlb-I_HgN8

Advertisement