Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

college courses

Options
  • 13-06-2015 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45

What college courses must i do to become a secondary school teacher. I am interested in subjects like Geography, Technical Graphics, Design Communication Graphics. For secondary school teaching do i have to go to University of Limerick ?

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,188 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

You need to either do a teacher training degree, such as that in UL for Woodwork/Metalwork, or you do a degree in the subjects you wish to teach followed by a post graduate qualification in education.

Please be fully aware of the jobs situation in teaching before you commit a lot of time and money to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 gcurran97

spurious wrote: »
    You need to either do a teacher training degree, such as that in UL for Woodwork/Metalwork, or you do a degree in the subjects you wish to teach followed by a post graduate qualification in education.

Please be fully aware of the jobs situation in teaching before you commit a lot of time and money to it.

do you know if an arts degree of studying Geography and Irish is an acceptable degree in the subjects to be able to teach them ?

Advertisement