Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post for previous resident

Options
  • 13-06-2015 12:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,321 ✭✭✭

What are my obligations with post that is delivered to my house addressed to various previous owners or tenants? I don't have any forwarding details for them.
    Do I need to keep them and for how long or can I dispose of them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,309 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Brego888 wrote: »
    What are my obligations with post that is delivered to my house addressed to various previous owners or tenants? I don't have any forwarding details for them.
    Do I need to keep them and for how long or can I dispose of them?

Check with the landlord?
    Write 'not known at this address' and pop them in the postbox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 179 ✭✭mocha please!

I just let them stack up and every couple of months drop the bundle into a post box with "unknown at this address" written on the front of each envelope. Eventually the senders will stop sending them, although you'll still get the odd one.

I know a lot of people just dump the post, but I think returning them in this way is the decent thing to do. I've moved house several times, and I always try to remember all of the companies I've to update my address with, but there may be one or two that I'll miss (or who I'll update but they screw up on their side!) It's really not much hassle to just stick them all into the post box once every couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

Theres some law that says something like you must not stop post getting to its recipient, don't know if this would apply to just leaving it pile up on your hall table. Best to just cross out the address and write the forwarding address on it if the landlord knows it and pop it in the post.

Advertisement