Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCC, DIT, UCC or Queens for Architecture?

• 13-06-2015 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Hi,

I am currently doing my Leaving Cert exams and thinking about where to apply to next year. I hope to do Architecture, but would like some advice on which course would be recommended.

The courses I am looking to apply to are at DIT and UCD in Dublin, UCC/CIT joint course in Cork and Queen's in Belfast. I am not overly bothered about what city is the best, more which degree.

I was hoping somebody could tell me a bit about these different courses and which degrees are most highly recognised by potential employers? I notice the UCC/CIT course last year had a significantly lower points requirement. Is this because it is a younger course? Or is it less well recognised, less enjoyable or simply because more people are attracted to Dublin? Cork looks like a very nice city to me, though very very far away!

I am also wondering if UCD and Queen's would be better recognised as they are universities rather that institutes of technology?

So basically, if anyone could help me regarding which degree is 'best', I'd really appreciate it. By the way, I like the idea of working in the UK and abroad in the future if that makes a difference regarding degree recognition.

Thanks!
    Ryan :)

Advertisement