Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Leaving Dogs outside all day

1234568»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,193 ✭✭✭Mark Tapley

Discodog wrote: »
    My Greyhound prefers my lap to the couch. They are amazing dogs & wonderful pets.

My local Dog Warden came up with another reason to keep your dog indoors. He said that having the dog outside makes it easier to check up on dog licences.

I just don't like the idea of the dog stuck in the house. She is behind a high locked gate and high walls so nobody could accidentally enter the garden, they would have to break in or scale the walls. I know its not practical for everyone but it suits us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,809 ✭✭✭✭Andy From Sligo

I just come across this post thats gone viral on the social websites its about checking the ground with the back of your hand and if you cannot leave your hand there comfortably for more than 5 seconds then it can hurt dogs paws. It got me to thinking about all the poor dogs that are left outside on these hot days and if there is only hard standing like concrete only or i should imagine tarmac would be even hotter.

https://www.facebook.com/185614088146445/photos/a.635158426525340.1073741827.185614088146445/961681807206332/?type=1&fref=nf

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18 lampylady

too hot for a car on a day like today!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32,688 ✭✭✭✭ytpe2r5bxkn0c1

lampylady wrote: »
    too hot for a car on a day like today!

Cars are built to cope with higher temperatures than we ever get here in summer. I wouldn't worry too much about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Reebrock

How are your dogs with air con in the house? Mine loves it...

• Advertisement
Advertisement