Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Build help.

Options
  • 13-06-2015 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Main comp just died, need some recommendations.

1. What is your budget? not sure maybe 700-800 + monitor if I need one.

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Video editing be nice if it can run a game, but don't care about super high settings. future proof it as much as possible.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? maybe.

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I have 2 1TB Hardrives.

5. Do you need a monitor? Yes a decent size.

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? Currently 1440 x 900 but I may upgrade in the future.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? No

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? Don't care

8. How can you pay? Any.

9. When are you purchasing? Soon, no rush really.

Thanks for any help, you guys really helped my out a few years ago and I really appreciate it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Video Editing and gaming with a monitor out of budget is that right?

• Registered Users Posts: 15 DensetsuRigas

Video Editing and gaming with a monitor out of budget is that right?

yeah the 700-800 is just for PC, if I get monitor It would be extra.

Grand

Xeon 1231v3 €250
    ASRock Pro4 €80
    Nanoxia DS3 €70
    500w PSU €60
    8gb RAM €55
    250gb SSD €90
    R9 280X from CEX €195

€812 delivered from hardwareversand after geizhals.de affiliate site.

BenQ 2450 is a nice 1080p monitor at €120 or so, might be a little small though.

Grand

Xeon 1231v3 €250
    ASRock Pro4 €80
    Nanoxia DS3 €70
    500w PSU €60
    8gb RAM €55
    250gb SSD €90
    R9 280X from CEX €195

€812 delivered from hardwareversand after geizhals.de affiliate site.

BenQ 2450 is a nice 1080p monitor at €120 or so, might be a little small though.

Thanks that was fast, whats the geizhals.de affiliate site?

I think I found everything you mentioned, I cant post links, so ill just copy and paste the names on each page to make sure I got everything

ASRock FM2A78 Pro4 +, FM2 +, ATX
    Intel Xeon E3-1231v3 Box, LGA1150
    Gigabyte Radeon R9 280X WindForce 3X Revision 3.0 mit MANTLE und Gaming Evolved Client, 3GB GDDR5, DVI,HDMI, 2x mini-DisplayPort
    Crucial SSD 250GB BX100
    8GB-Kit Crucial Ballistix Sport Series DDR3-1600, CL9
    Fractal Design Tesla R2 500W
    Nanoxia Deep Silence DS 3 Dark Black, ohne Netzteil
    BenQ GL2450

Wrong motherboard, you want ASRock Pro4 LGA 1150. Sorry about that, didn't realise there was an AMD one.

You type the parts into Geizhals, copy paste from hwvs and you get a lower price back, sometimes 7 or 8 euro on a single piece.

Look at a BeQuiet PSU, if prices match, they're nice ones. Nothing wrong with fractal either now

• Advertisement

Wrong motherboard, you want ASRock Pro4 LGA 1150. Sorry about that, didn't realise there was an AMD one.

You type the parts into Geizhals, copy paste from hwvs and you get a lower price back, sometimes 7 or 8 euro on a single piece.

Look at a BeQuiet PSU, if prices match, they're nice ones. Nothing wrong with fractal either now

Thanks for that tip, will come in handy. Ill throw that together later tonight and see if I can afford to get it this weekend.

I owe you a coffee!

No worries, drop SSD or get a weaker GPU if you need to cut it down, R9 270X is a good card too

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Remember the geizhals links are time sensitive, so they expire after a period of time (due to prices constantly changing). So only use them when you're actually putting the build together to buy it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭Gumbi

Remember the geizhals links are time sensitive, so they expire after a period of time (due to prices constantly changing). So only use them when you're actually putting the build together to buy it.

Advertisement