Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Taxi soiling charge

Options
  • 13-06-2015 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Have been reading previous posts on this topic following an incident in an 8-passenger taxi which I shared last night in Dublin area. We were a group of mature ladies on our way home from a friend's birthday party when unfortunately one of the passengers sitting at the back of the taxi took ill. The driver did stop (twice) and two nurses among us looked after the patient and the mess on the floor. As we dropped her home, the driver told us of the €140 soiling charge but he implied that he may waive it as we were his last fare for the night.

Two points - 1. the soiling charge in London is "up to £40" (approx. €60) and 2. why do all taxis not carry a supply of sick bags as on airplanes?? This could save much embarrassment and much hassle. Our driver had some paper kitchen roll and we had a paper bag which was put to some use but proper bags would be ideal.

Some time ago I took ill on a morning flight from London to Dublin and, apologising to the passenger beside me, all I could do was use the bag provided - which I had to dispose of myself when we landed. Fortunately I was met at the airport by my husband and got home before the worse effects of the gastric dose hit me.

Comments

Advertisement