Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

will you get a break/holiday from the farm this year?

1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,078 ✭✭✭bogman_bass

Muckit wrote: »
    Anyone heading away to turkey on this 'great deal' the ifj is doing? !!!! €129pps for 15 nights. ..

It's a seriously good price. Ankara and Istanbul should be pretty safe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭_Brian

I look at that and think "who in their right mind would go there now".

Then I think back to when I was single and me and herself went on an equally cheap holiday to Egypt, just three weeks after terrorists killed 60 tourists in a gun attack. Wonderful holiday but looking back maybe not so wise.
    We even visited te exact temple where the massacre occurred.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,241 ✭✭✭✭Kovu

Off to the States in the morning! I'll pick ye up a tolberone in Duty Free!

Send me a postcard! No seriously, do :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Muckit

It's a seriously good price. Ankara and Istanbul should be pretty safe

I'd go no probs but wouldn't be let!! :D Love turkey. They are so dependent on tourism. I'm frothing at the mouth thinking of the kebabs!!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,929 ✭✭✭✭patsy_mccabe

I flew to the states a few years back on seriously cheap flights. It was when it came close to the date that I realised why....Friday 13th. :D

'If I ventured in the slipstream, Between the viaducts of your dream'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,282 ✭✭✭Deepsouthwest

_Brian wrote: »
    I look at that and think "who in their right mind would go there now".

Then I think back to when I was single and me and herself went on an equally cheap holiday to Egypt, just three weeks after terrorists killed 60 tourists in a gun attack. Wonderful holiday but looking back maybe not so wise.
    We even visited te exact temple where the massacre occurred.

Probably no safer time to go to any destination than just after a terrorist attack

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,484 ✭✭✭✭Reggie.

Probably no safer time to go to any destination than just after a terrorist attack

Strange but true

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,357 ✭✭✭✭Base price

In 2006 I went on a 6 week holiday to Uganda which included a trip to see gorillas in Bwindi National Park (also referred to as the Interoperable Forest) which borders DRC (Democratic Republic of Congo). 5 or 6 years previously there was a massacre involving the deaths of 8 UK & US tourists.
    On the trip we were accompanied by 8 armed UPDF soldiers and apparently another 8 in the forest out of sight, as well as 4 armed Park Rangers.
    Uganda is a beautiful country and the people we met were friendly and hospitable. However we only travelled to to know safe areas and stayed away from the North of the country - Gulu / LRA

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭darragh_haven

When to see my brother in Philidelphia in 2002. Intentionally went on Sept 11. The flight was 10 euro plus tax.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭Username John

Off to Portugal for next week for holidays, back for a day then off to the States for a week with work...

Haven't been anywhere for ages, and acourse both trips back to back now, which doesn't suit the ould farming.. but sure... we wont complain too much ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,854 ✭✭✭✭whelan2

Off this evening to a hotel. Last break of the year before feeding starts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,493 ✭✭✭Greengrass1

Was at macra rally Saturday and Sunday. Great Craic all together.
    Queen of the land now in 3 wks should be good too.
    Lots if these breaks with Macra really help throughout the yr I find. Always something going on each wk with them

Heading to airport after milking this evening, going to liverpool game on sunday, home on monday, 9.99 flights:D cant wait

whelan2 wrote: »
    Heading to airport after milking this evening, going to liverpool game on sunday, home on monday, 9.99 flights:D cant wait

Behave

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,920 ✭✭✭freedominacup

Reggie. wrote: »
    Behave

You never specified whether she should behave well or badly. I'd be plumbing for badly. Cut loose whelan. At 9.99 for the flights this weekend can only be considered a success if you miss the flights on Mon.

• Advertisement

You never specified whether she should behave well or badly. I'd be plumbing for badly. Cut loose whelan. At 9.99 for the flights this weekend can only be considered a success if you miss the flights on Mon.

Shame on you freedom :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭Dickie10

oh flannerys and coppers monday night for a sneaky few pints of red bull and vodka!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,088 ✭✭✭AntrimGlens

Just booked to go out to the sister in Austria and go skiing for five days on 10th Feb and currently organising the young bro's stag in westport for the bank holiday weekend in May.
    Gotta have something to look forward to with this sh1te weather..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Yeah, I know the feeling.

We booked flights and an apartment in London for a few days in July. Only trouble is fitting all the stuff the kids want to do into 4 days. We'll want a holiday by the time we get home:)

Booking flights this week to go to spain in early july, staying in a different place to normal at half the price of what we paid last year. Will go to a liverpool game at some stage too :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

whelan2 wrote: »
    Booking flights this week to go to spain in early july, staying in a different place to normal at half the price of what we paid last year. Will go to a liverpool game at some stage too :cool:
    :D

I take it you enjoyed the trip. I love going over but can't get there as often as I used.

:D

I take it you enjoyed the trip. I love going over but can't get there as often as I used.
    It was class, plan is to bring 2 youngest over in May for the stadium tour- not a game- and stay over night and then bring the eldest lad for a game at the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Last blow out, this weekend will definitely push the BCS over 3. I'd say I'll be counted as high risk of milk fever or ketosis come Feb. ah fcuk it I'll have The rest of the year to milk off my back.
    .image.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Last blow out, this weekend will definitely push the BCS over 3. I'd say I'll be counted as high risk of milk fever or ketosis come Feb. ah fcuk it I'll have The rest of the year to milk off my back.
    .image.jpg

They do feed the wildlife well those Cork boys.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭RightTurnClyde

Dawggone wrote: »
    They do feed the wildlife well those Cork boys.

Since they got rid of the riff raff, tis a great spot

.image.jpg

Cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,506 ✭✭✭Dawggone

Since they got rid of the riff raff, tis a great spot

So they're reintroducing the apes?

Enjoy.

Advertisement