Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Societys in DCU

• 13-06-2015 10:15pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭

How active are the societys in DCU and what are the average age groups.Also which would be considered the most popular

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

Some are more active than others. Most members would be 18-22 year olds, basically undergrads.

The most popular..hm..Games Soc and Media Production Society, perhaps. They seem to be everywhere. And outside the niche sports, the likes of Fencing, Rock Climbing and a few other clubs seem popular. You should look into clubs and societies that interest you rather than just popular ones.

http://issuu.com/dcusu/docs/clubs_and_socs_info_for_web_13-14au

There's a list in that brochure. A few of them aren't active anymore though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭jman12126

Are the surf n sail,swimming,anime,canoe socs active they would be the ones id be most interested in

jman12126 wrote: »
    Are the surf n sail,swimming,anime,canoe socs active they would be the ones id be most interested in

I don't know about Surf n Sail or Canoe (I'm just not familiar with them) but the Anime Society is very active and the Swimming Club has training 5 times a week (you don't have to attend all of them :p). A word of advice regarding the Swimming Club, they usually meet at 8 in the morning! Except once or twice a week.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭Gunslinger92

Surf and sail is quite active alright.

Ahhh to be starting out in dcu again.. I'm jealous OP :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85 ✭✭jman12126

Thanks for the info :)

• Advertisement

Surf and sail is quite active alright.

Ahhh to be starting out in dcu again.. I'm jealous OP :)

Hehe, nice location :D I thought they shut that place down!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭StaticAge11

Tried out a load of societies while I was there.

Snowsports - easily my favourite and the one I took to most. Trained once a week, went on multiple trips to Manchester and France and competed in the intervarsities against the other colleges

Red brick - as a computing student I joined as I believed it would help improve my technical skills. I was right. The few workshops I went to were quite helpful

Other things I joined but never fully participated in included Archery, trampolining, DJ soc, music soc, surf and sail, the men's soccer club and esoc

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Jamezzyboyoo

I know NIM has already put up the clubs and socs but heres a list of all of em with contact details and websites for where they have one :)
    http://student.computing.dcu.ie/~nolanp34/ClubsNSocs.html

Might be handier to scroll through :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,781 ✭✭✭amen

Don't forget you can form your own society (if you get enough people interested) or join a non-active society and make it active again

Advertisement