Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishonored 2

Options
  • 14-06-2015 2:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Dishonored 2 will be announced on Monday, its been confirmed by Bethesda after they accidentally leaked the info on Twitch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Xenji wrote: »
    Dishonored 2 will be announced on Monday, its been confirmed by Bethesda after they accidentally leaked the info on Twitch.

That reminds me I must play a bit more of the first one.

Good game from the small bit I played before getting distracted by something else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭Clockwork Owl

Woohoo!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Probably the game I'm most looking forward to seeing at the Bethesda conference.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Still haven't played the first one :o

• Advertisement

Still haven't played the first one :o

Seriously amazing, you can probably pick it up for next to nothing in the Steam sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was free on PS Plus a few months ago too.

Wasn't this revealed as being in development over a year ago, I remember because I was disgusted that they mentioned adding multiplayer to it :(

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

It was known it has been in the works for a bit alright. Didn't know about the MP side though, there is no need to shoe horn MP into every game and this is one game that doesn't need it.

There is Wolfenstein, one of the best shooters released in years hands down and there no MP to take away from the excellent solo experience.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

goodie, goodie, goodie!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Dishonored Definitive Edition was announced for PS4 and Xbox One and will be out August 28 for €40

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

I really like Dishonored. Just replayed the whole game a few months ago. I think Dunwall is one of the best game settings in recent years. Looks like this one might be set in a colony of the Empire from watching the trailer.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Yea, seems like it's set in another city entirely, this is good news cause I was getting a bit fatigued with the dreariness of Grimwall and I'm not sure I'd enjoy another game there :p Liking the idea that you can play as Corvo or this other character and that there'll be different skills for each.

Only did a replay of the game earlier this year and I went as stealth bastard as I could - really like that they said you can complete this one without killing a single person.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Playing as Emily is going to be cool!

I loved Dunwall, though changes of scenery are always nice I suppose, wouldn't make much sense to have another game there

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Hopefully, being able to complete the game with zero kills will add to the variety and replay value.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,878 ✭✭✭Robert ninja

From the BBC report
    Dishonored 2 also features a female lead character - news which was greeted with cheers in the audience at Hollywood's Dolby Theatre.

"I think it's a really strong move, and I think it deserves a lot of credit," said Mr Crossley.

"Over the past few years we've seen a growing understanding and acceptance that the industry needs to be more inclusive in how it welcomes women into games."

gNohdS3.jpg

Anyway it'll be cool to play as Emily. I hope she gets a mask too, though. A customisable one this time around.

But most importantly to just be able to play aggressively without the game punishing you for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,695 ✭✭✭Corvo

I am pleased by this.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,128 ✭✭✭✭aaronjumper

I wonder if you'll be able to use that Spiderman like power to pull victims towards you? :D
    Non lethal is reserved for my second play through, adds more challenge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 102 ✭✭bunnyarmstrong

Playing as Emily, deadly! I wonder how they'll fit playing with Corvo? Optional, or tag team missions? Will they have wildly different abilities, or just small variations?

Meh, who cares, can't wait for this! ^_^

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,178 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

From the BBC report

gNohdS3.jpg

Anyway it'll be cool to play as Emily. I hope she gets a mask too, though. A customisable one this time around.

But most importantly to just be able to play aggressively without the game punishing you for it.

EA seemed to push the fact that they've got a female protagonist with Faith in Mirror's Edge as something big too.

I don't get it, female protagonists aren't a new thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Playing as Emily, deadly! I wonder how they'll fit playing with Corvo? Optional, or tag team missions? Will they have wildly different abilities, or just small variations?

Meh, who cares, can't wait for this! ^_^

Corvos could be flashbacks or something similar, given that he'll be in his mid-50s during this game an Emily uses his sword. It'd strike me as odd if he was on the same timeline for his missions.

He will also be a very old man for the era in an urban area. Though maybe they'll play on the same timeline!

Co-Op would be a disaster imo you'd be ghosting it and some dickhead would run in all guns blazing and ruin it.

I hope they have different powers too. Maybe a few similarities but if they're all the same with one or two additions or tweaks they might as well have kept Corvo as the main protagonist

J. Marston wrote: »
    EA seemed to push the fact that they've got a female protagonist with Faith in Mirror's Edge as something big too.

I don't get it, female protagonists aren't a new thing.

To be fair, there has been sparingly few big games with female protagonists lately, when not so long ago they were commonplace. You've also got instances where publishers demanded the lead be changed to a male protagonist, or developers struggling to find a publisher because of a female protagonist like what happened with Life is Strange. It seems a bit absurd really but apparently that's where we are.

So yeah, female playable characters are quite a welcome prospect and worthy of applause.

Bumping old thread with some new videos. Also if you preorder the game on the Canadian store, you get Dishonored the definitive Edition free along with the game for €55, what a bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Bumping old thread with some new videos. Also if you preorder the game on the Canadian store, you get Dishonored the definitive Edition free along with the game for €55, what a bargain.

Is that the PlayStation store you're referring to?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    Is that the PlayStation store you're referring to?

Yes but deal is also on xbox and steam

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

It looks great but I got so bored of the first one, never even bothered with the DLC even though i bought it. Maybe wait for a sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

€23 with my game sharer and I get Dishonored 1 & 2 on XB1, sounds like a bargain to me! :D

• Advertisement

Are they still going ahead with multiplayer in this ? Not sure if it was mentioned or not at E3 :confused:

I really hope not.

Advertisement