Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dishonored 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭SeantheMan

Gonna have some more downloading ahead of you on release I think
    We can now reveal that Bethesda’s upcoming Dishonored 2 has a 9gb day one patch, on Xbox One at least.

http://press-start.com.au/news/playstation/2016/11/08/dishonored-2-9gb-day-one-patch/

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Preloading atm

Preloading atm

Did you get a limited edition version? Be interested to know if the 1st game is playable right away if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

My copy from theGamecollection was just dispatched. Fast service as usual

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,397 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Did you get a limited edition version? Be interested to know if the 1st game is playable right away if so.

Nah just the edition with assassins dlc, was no code for the first game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

My copy from theGamecollection was just dispatched. Fast service as usual

mine was cancelled for some reason

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

9GB patch is a total joke, that is bigger then some AAA titles ffs. Games are deffo being thrown out half finished we need to cope onto this and just wait at least 2 weeks before buying games.

sweetie wrote: »
    mine was cancelled for some reason

Something similar happened to me with SimplyGames. Paid via Paypal using Revolut card . When I made the order the balance was taken from Revolut by Paypal and was pending. When SimplyGames went to take payment from Paypal the balance on Revolut wasn't enough for order so was cancelled.

So if you preorder something with Paypal using Revolut, even though money is taken straight away from Revolut by Paypal, there still needs to be enough when the retailer goes to take payment from paypal.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭Temptamperu

Since bethesda decided to put an embargo on there games im going to wait for a sale in gamestop and buy it pre-owned. To be honest I had my fill halfway through the DLC and never even bothered finishing it. So im not excited at all.

IGN Review in progress.....

• Advertisement

IGN Review in progress.....

Sounds promising!

What time will this unlock on steam does anyone know?

What time will this unlock on steam does anyone know?

Playing now on xbox so bang on mid night

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

This seems to be on sale today, is showing up on Argos.ie and Smyths as available to buy and collect today. Argos out of stock, but Smyths seems to have it

Sesudra wrote: »
    This seems to be on sale today, is showing up on Argos.ie and Smyths as available to buy and collect today. Argos out of stock, but Smyths seems to have it

Showing as 10/11/16 on Gamestop too, Argos near me has stock but only one per platform.

• Registered Users Posts: 459 ✭✭Sesudra

Showing as 10/11/16 on Gamestop too, Argos near me has stock but only one per platform.

Have it booked for collection in Smyths Jervis Street, so time will tell if they actually give it to me, got the text just now to say it's available

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Reports of some serious performance issues on the PC version anyway. I'd check the reviews, but Bethesda want to ensure people don't know about these issues before spending their money.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,013 ✭✭✭✭Wonda-Boy

Kiith wrote: »
    Reports of some serious performance issues on the PC version anyway. I'd check the reviews, but Bethesda every game delveloper want to ensure people don't know about these issues before spending their money.

Fixed that for you.

But yes apparently they are really severe, with every high end systems crawling along at sub 20 FPS. In fairness the 1st game was one of the best games I ever played so I hope they sort it, maybe that 9GB patch will fix it.

My copy is in Parcel Motel depot already. Only dispatched yesterday

• Advertisement

My copy is in Parcel Motel depot already. Only dispatched yesterday

If you had used your home address would it have come as fast?

Playing on Xbox so can't comment on the PC issues, have noticed one frame rate drop so far but that was a non gameplay section when you looked around you while in a boat.

One thing that is annoying me though is the visuals have this really annoying blur to them, best way to describe it is that it's like Emily needs to but on her glasses. It's obviously there so mask some uglies and low resolutions but ends up just annoying me. I believe this was made using a customised IDtech5 engine so I was expecting a hell of a lot better visually. It's not a horrible looking game by any means but should be much better. This blurring really didn't come across in any of the videos I saw, even the one from IGN yesterday which I think was from the PS4 version.

Anyway gameplay wise if you liked the 1st you will love this. Nothing very different so far but I've only hit the first big open area.

Haven't a clue, I always use Parcel Motel for game pre-orders as they deliver on Saturday's, got Deus Ex on the Saturday before it's Tuesday Release. Might try using work address next time.

No, they use 1st class delivery to NI, snailmail to ROI

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

sweetie wrote: »
    No, they use 1st class delivery to NI, snailmail to ROI

Implying Ascendia stuff actually ever makes it to it's destination :p

Playing on Xbox so can't comment on the PC issues, have noticed one frame rate drop so far but that was a non gameplay section when you looked around you while in a boat.

One thing that is annoying me though is the visuals have this really annoying blur to them, best way to describe it is that it's like Emily needs to but on her glasses. It's obviously there so mask some uglies and low resolutions but ends up just annoying me. I believe this was made using a customised IDtech5 engine so I was expecting a hell of a lot better visually. It's not a horrible looking game by any means but should be much better. This blurring really didn't come across in any of the videos I saw, even the one from IGN yesterday which I think was from the PS4 version.

Anyway gameplay wise if you liked the 1st you will love this. Nothing very different so far but I've only hit the first big open area.
    Are you on the Xbox One S with 4K TV? Sounds Graphically disappointing :/

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Are you on the Xbox One S with 4K TV? Sounds Graphically disappointing :/

No standard xbox one and 27'' pc monitor, the blurring is odd it's not always there inside is fine just occasionally outside it goes kind of weird soft focus almost.

First impressions time as I'm done for the night.

It's great if you were into the first game. If you didn't like it then theres little here for you. I'm approaching it the same way as I did 1st time out , low chaos, no kills, powers or detections on the 1st run so total stealth.

You have no sense/vision like most games of it's kind these days, you have tonnes of save slots and reloading if going this route is quick enough so as not to be annoying. This time you can actually opt out of powers all together so no way you can mess up a no powers run. Last time you were allowed to and had to use blink due to the level design but not this time which is great for this approach.

It will be interesting to see what a high chaos run will bring, as so far there doesn't seem to be a large number of enemies in the levels but I'm only on level 3. You can start a new slot and preserve you other run so I'm going to go with corvo for a while tomorrow and see.

Story wise I think it started and continued into the first main area of the game in far too similar a way to the 1st game for my liking, it's not bad but just familiar, and as I play through it I'm reminded of levels from the 1st game too which I haven't played in 4 years and wouldn't have really recalled until I started on this today. Like the haunted asylum/hospital bit in the 1st game feels very like a section on this without the scary bits.

Cormac... wrote:
    Implying Ascendia stuff actually ever makes it to it's destination

Ordered yesterday, sitting in a parcelmotel locker a few hundred yards away right now!

• Advertisement

First impressions time as I'm done for the night.

It's great if you were into the first game. If you didn't like it then theres little here for you. I'm approaching it the same way as I did 1st time out , low chaos, no kills, powers or detections on the 1st run so total stealth.

You have no sense/vision like most games of it's kind these days, you have tonnes of save slots and reloading if going this route is quick enough so as not to be annoying. This time you can actually opt out of powers all together so no way you can mess up a no powers run. Last time you were allowed to and had to use blink due to the level design but not this time which is great for this approach.

It will be interesting to see what a high chaos run will bring, as so far there doesn't seem to be a large number of enemies in the levels but I'm only on level 3. You can start a new slot and preserve you other run so I'm going to go with corvo for a while tomorrow and see.

Story wise I think it started and continued into the first main area of the game in far too similar a way to the 1st game for my liking, it's not bad but just familiar, and as I play through it I'm reminded of levels from the 1st game too which I haven't played in 4 years and wouldn't have really recalled until I started on this today. Like the haunted asylum/hospital bit in the 1st game feels very like a section on this without the scary bits.
    I don't like the idea of bring punished for killing people in the game. Being able to mix it up is what should make it fun.
    Is it the same for the sequel?

Advertisement