Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post attacking me and blatantly breaking the rules still there

Options
  • 14-06-2015 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=95850401&postcount=4

I have reported this post 4 times.

I have messaged a mod (KERSPLAT) and he ignored it claiming I have to wait until a mod picks up my report. This is a disgraceful manner in which to go on and only brings this site in to disrepute.

In my message to KERSPLAT on AH I made it clear that if the post was not removed in accordance with the rules I would bring it here.

Nothing done.

That post breaks the rules of not attacking or insulting the poster.

It is still there.

I will gladly reply and start a flame war on the thread because the silence means it's fair game?

Not only should the post be deleted but also the poster censored.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

If you have concerns that reported posts are not being actioned & you get no satisfaction from discussing the matter with the forum mods, the next step is to PM the CMods.

But seeing as you went straight to Help Desk we can discuss here...

I will review your reports & the 'offending' post & get back to you.

I have read the post & your reports. The response by Stewart Griffin to the question in your OP was standard AH-style fare, tbh.

On the face of it - I can't see the issue, unless you personally identify with being a swamp-dwelling homophobe who issues alarmist weather forecasts. And I am sure that you don't. :)

So, what exactly is the problem here? Why do you see this as a personal attack?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,716 ✭✭✭✭Kermit.de.frog

Similarly please do not insult other forums or groups of posters here in after hours. This is not the place to knock other forums (even though they're usually not shy of insulting after hours). Do not use posters posts in other forums here to insult them.

These are your rules. You are not upholding your own rules.

"Attack the post, not the poster".

Why do you see this as a personal attack?

Because it is a dig at me. And i'd like it removed please.

All i'm asking is you apply your own rules fairly.

This is the post you reported:
    They lived under a rock in a swamp, held rampant homophobic views, and predicted extraordinary snow events every time they saw a cloud on the horizon.

I do not see any attack on you directly. If you can provide links to support your claim I'd be happy to review them. But up to now, neither your reported posts nor your posts in this thread provide any evidence to show that this was a personal attack.

The post implies that I am homophobic.

It is completely irrelevant to the good nature of the thread and is a dig at me and i'd like to remove it as such.

I shouldn't have to explain my self as to why I find it offensive. I'm telling you I take the comment personally because that is how it is intended.

I don't understand why you are messing me around. It's perfectly obvious what is meant by that post.

• Advertisement

I am not 'messing you around'. I am telling you that, on the face of it, this is a typical AH-type post & does not appear to be a personal attack. This is why no action has been taken on your reported posts.

Unfortunately, in these circumstances, just saying that a post is a personal attack isn't sufficient. You need to back it up with something solid. Is there some history between you two that you can provide links to?

does not appear to be a personal attack.
    They lived under a rock in a swamp, held rampant homophobic views, and predicted extraordinary snow events every time they saw a cloud on the horizon.

This. This is the problem. How can you not see that?

Seriously.

You expect me to jump through hoops to prove to you why that might be an issue!?

It's perfectly obvious what is meant.

• Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 47,305 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's perfectly obvious what is meant.

Exactly how is it perfectly obvious what is meant? The post you reported makes absolutely no reference to anyone. So unless you are admitting that you hold rampantly homophobic views and you actually produce evidence to prove that, how on earth are we meant to deduce that the post is aimed at you? To the mods, the CMods and to me as well, all any of us are seeing here is a typical AH style post that requires no action. If you're telling us it's more than that then you need to back it up because we're not going to take action against another poster just because you're telling us we should.

how on earth are we meant to deduce that the post is aimed at you?

They lived under a rock in a swamp,

Reference to my user name.
    held rampant homophobic views

Reference to my posts against same sex marriage with the implication being that I am homophobic.
    and predicted extraordinary snow events every time they saw a cloud on the horizon.

Reference to my contributions in the weather forum.

It's the 4th post on the thread.

Of course it's aimed at me. And I should not have to defend myself here when i'm the one that had this aimed at me.

And we're expected to know all this, are we? I'm certainly not going to trawl through over 2,500 of your posts just to satisfy your paranoia, so the burden of proof is with you. Provide evidence and we'll look into it, otherwise you're simply just wasting everyone's time here.

• Advertisement

Look forget about it. You are messing me around.

Just close my thread on AH as I no longer require it to be open.

Thanks.

I'm not sure why you think we're messing you around. If someone was demanding that action be taken against you because of something you posted, surely you'd expect that we investigate properly before proceeding/

Anyway, it's a moot point, marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement