Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Builders finish extension cost

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭manus30

chief80 wrote: »
    Them quotes per square foot are way over the top For builders finish
    I'm doin one for 100 per square foot in north Wexford which is not too far away .
    The boys around u must be doin a few jobs in Dublin where that would be the going rate

Eventually got a price for 100 euro per square foot. This is builders finish with extras ie some ground work finishing, rewiring existing house, top spec heating and controls etc. Price agreed and starting after Xmas. A lot of builders back to the same old carry on as boom times, and a lot of talking up prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,174 ✭✭✭kieran.

manus30 wrote: »
    A lot of builders back to the same old carry on as boom times, and a lot of talking up prices.

Just be careful a lot of builders also back at the same craic, cutting corners, not working to the the agreed spec etc also.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 SLEVIN6

manus30 wrote: »
    Eventually got a price for 100 euro per square foot. This is builders finish with extras ie some ground work finishing, rewiring existing house, top spec heating and controls etc. Price agreed and starting after Xmas. A lot of builders back to the same old carry on as boom times, and a lot of talking up prices.

Sounds good .
    Got an architect to quote for plans 1200Sq Ft extension in Kilkenny with rewiring , heating and insulation of original house.
    They estimated €120 per sq ft for extension plus other works at a total of €250.000 !
    They quoted a fee of €16500 + vat (% of budget - that was obviously the idea of inflating the budget !)
    That covered plans and planning permission and tenders up to commencement notice.
    83% to be paid at this stage , then "periodic visits" visits during construction.
    Did not include assigned certifier,structural/civil engineer, mechanical engineer, QS., expenses, travel and printing €450 to €600.
    Sounds crazy to me!
    Can u PM me the details of your architect & builder please ?
    Need to get a real word quote !
    TKS

• Registered Users Posts: 2 yaiknow

Hi Guys,
    Was wondering if anyone had any recent experience or thoughts on cost per SQM/SQFT for a builders finish extension in Dublin?

I would imagine that builders finish should standardise pricing as is a constant. Ie. no fancy stuff like under floor heating, luxury kitchens or bathroom suites. Basically watertight, plastered, wired and plumbed.

Thanks,

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

yaiknow wrote: »
    Hi Guys,
    Was wondering if anyone had any recent experience or thoughts on cost per SQM/SQFT for a builders finish extension in Dublin?

I would imagine that builders finish should standardise pricing as is a constant. Ie. no fancy stuff like under floor heating, luxury kitchens or bathroom suites. Basically watertight, plastered, wired and plumbed.

Thanks,

€1,850 per sq metre

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 yaiknow

Thanks Jay, that helps
    and lovely extension by the way :)

The €1,850 per sq metre - that excluded your kitchen, steps and decking right?

(Im going by.. definition for builders finish :
    No flooring, painting, tiling, fireplaces, kitchen, bathroom suites or internal doors and architraves
    IS watertight, glazed, wired, plumbed)

• Registered Users Posts: 607 ✭✭✭Moving2017

yaiknow wrote: »
    Thanks Jay, that helps
    and lovely extension by the way :)

The €1,850 per sq metre - that excluded your kitchen, steps and decking right?

(Im going by.. definition for builders finish :
    No flooring, painting, tiling, fireplaces, kitchen, bathroom suites or internal doors and architraves
    IS watertight, glazed, wired, plumbed)

Did you get any quotes on this? I'm looking for similar in Dublin, but have just started the process so need some ball park ideas of price

Advertisement