Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Question about Canyon bikes

• 14-06-2015 12:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭

I am thinking of possibly going for a canyon Ultimate CF SL. I'll either buy a complete bike or just get a frameset.
    I'm just wondering do stems from other company's fit their bikes and also do they cut the steerer or does it come un cut?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,773 ✭✭✭cython

funnyclub wrote: »
    I am thinking of possibly going for a canyon Ultimate CF SL. I'll either buy a complete bike or just get a frameset.
    I'm just wondering do stems from other company's fit their bikes and also do they cut the steerer or does it come un cut?

The steerers are 1 1/4" so you are limited in the stems you can use, but Ritchey (at the very least) make stems to fit this, and Giant use these also now on at least some bikes so I would expect you might see a few more come on the market over time.

In terms of cutting the steerer, I just got an Endurace CF in the last few weeks, and I would say the steerer may have been cut a bit (it's shorter than the old Trek I have, for example), but there are still spacers under the stem that it could go lower. Let me know if you want a picture for an example or anything. You might also be able to check with their online chat support to ask RE specifics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 639 ✭✭✭funnyclub

cython wrote: »
    The steerers are 1 1/4" so you are limited in the stems you can use, but Ritchey (at the very least) make stems to fit this, and Giant use these also now on at least some bikes so I would expect you might see a few more come on the market over time.

In terms of cutting the steerer, I just got an Endurace CF in the last few weeks, and I would say the steerer may have been cut a bit (it's shorter than the old Trek I have, for example), but there are still spacers under the stem that it could go lower. Let me know if you want a picture for an example or anything. You might also be able to check with their online chat support to ask RE specifics.

Great tnx.
    I'd just hope they dont cut it too low incase you ever needed to raise it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭Eamonnator

I got an ultimate CF SLX in January.
    It came with 30mms of spacers on the steerer tube.

Advertisement