Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home dye - what do you recommend?

Options
  • 14-06-2015 1:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,016 ✭✭✭

After four years of being a blonde, I've realised that with a toddler and everything else going on, the upkeep is too much for me. Home dyes have turned out increasingly orange so I'm giving up on the blonde and going back brown. I'm originally a mousey brown colour which I don't like, so I'm going to go with a chocolate brown shade. The usual home dye I would have chosen was Clairol Perfect 10 but it seems to be gone off the market so I need advice for a new one - what have other people used and if they went for a similar shade, what shade did they use? Any tips would be much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12 loverain

I used to use Garnier Olia and was incredibly happy with the results, color was always even and there was less damage to hair compared with other brands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Ilyana 2.0

When I was still dying my hair I liked Nice n Easy, pretty foolproof application and it didn't fade too fast.

If you're going straight from blonde to brown I'd definitely use a couple of shades lighter than the colour you want. Bleached hair is quite porous and it'll absorb pigment more than you think. Maybe go darker in stages rather than in one go, in case the colour takes darker than you wanted it :)

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

Casting Creme Gloss by L'oreal.
    It's the best shine and deepness of colour I can get without going to the hairdressers.
    I have been going back to it for years now.
    My hair feels like it has got a good treatment after using it and the deep conditioner lasts for a few goes after.
    :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭Dark Phoenix

Boots botanics semi permanent colour in bitter chocolate or spiced nutmeg. The bitter chocolate does come out quite dark but I love it - its that not black but v dark brown colour.

have also been using loreal recital preference in brasilia but while i love the colour and shine I found its not amazing at covering greys.

I used and hated loreal casting - just makes my hair greasy as hell within a week! its odd as I usually find dyes dry your hair a bit

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭CaoimheSquee

No way!
    I always end up going back to it, my hair is so shiney and feels pretty amazing and the colour lasts so long.
    It's the only one I could compare to actual professional jobs with the deepness of the colour and how it feels like it's had a really good treatment. It was actually a hairdresser that recommended it to me.
    I have pretty thick frizzy hair though!

• Advertisement
Advertisement