Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Buying first Scooter

• 14-06-2015 2:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 40

Hi All

I'm looking to buy a little 50cc scooter to use for work. I know absolutely nothing about them. I found one today that I like the sound of it a 2004 Piaggio zip 50 with only 6700km on the clock. Its owned by a older gentleman that only uses it for shop runs.

The lowest price he will accept is €800. Does that sound like a good deal?

Comments

• Site Banned Posts: 1,765 ✭✭✭Pugzilla

50cc scooters are horribly underpowered. You'll nearly go as fast on a bicycle and won't have to worry about insurance etc.

I imagine you only have the AM category that you got with your car licence, otherwise you would be looking at something bigger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,473 ✭✭✭Notch000

sound like a 10 yr old scoter that probably didn't ever cost double that new, is it a 2 stroke ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 240 ✭✭WAPAIC

I picked up a 50cc Honda X8R for 600eur 18 months ago, it gets up to 70km/hr which is grand for the short trips around town that I do, I don't care if it gets nicked or dropped, it's very easy to maneuver and I'm able to keep up with big bikes in traffic. If you don't want the hassle of IBTs and all that, a 50cc is a cheap and easy way to get onto two wheels. That said I'll be getting a bigger bike soon but the moped is fantastic too. Absolutely no street cred though, if you care about that.

Advertisement