Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

GARMIN 810.WORTH UPGRADING TO?

• 14-06-2015 5:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭

Currently use a 500 edge and am unsure about upgrading to an 810.bar the maps is it worth it?cheers

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 77,653 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Worth it if you can afford it and want the additional features. The 510 has a lot of those features though, including in-ride mapping

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭H.E. Pennypacker

Mine freezes at least once per ride when navigating. I thought that it happened when it lost a GPS fix, eg under trees in mountains but it happened today in an open flat area. It happened three times on one spin a few weeks ago.

There have been a lot of complaints about its Live Track feature. I can get mine to work from the couch (even with wifi turned off on my phone) but not on the go.

Other than that its great :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,684 ✭✭✭triggermortis

I did a bit of research when I wanted to upgrade my 500 and went for the 800 as it worked out cheaper and the live track, which a lot of people claimed to have problems with, wasn't something I needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭bazzamac

Better off upgrading to the 510 then?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,454 ✭✭✭jamesd

Went from 500 to 810 and it never gives me any bother

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 124 ✭✭Gearsofwars

I got an 810 in Dec 14 and have had no problems what so ever, great bit of kit could not do without it highly recommend, well unless I had the $ for 1000 :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Amprodude

I had an 800 that I lost while out on a sportive. Got the 810, it's worth getting in fairness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭devonp

Also had the freezing issue when navigating... 3 times at least but when it works ..which is mostly its great...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 15,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭smacl

I bought the 810 performance bundle from Hantec recently and very pleased with it, but my main interest was the maps and navigation. Haven't used the live track as yet, though it seems to pair to my phone ok.

Advertisement