Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restoration of about 1k word docs - need integrity checked

Options
  • 14-06-2015 5:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

A lot of these files don't open properly because they are corrupt or parts are missing. They were recovered from a disk in RAW format.

Rather than going through each file individually, and attempting to open via a double click, is there a tool that can go through them automatically instead? All I can find are hash verification type ones...

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You could batch open as many as your PC can handle. It would speed it up a little, open say 10-20 at a time.

I was looking for a similar program a few weeks ago with regards pictures and I found nothing, so I'd say this is a similar scenario

• Registered Users Posts: 3,495 ✭✭✭Lu Tze

Yeah, copying them onto your fastest disk (eg SSD if you have one) will speed it up the reads a little, or if you dont have an SSD but have a hape of ram to waste you could make a ramdisk and use that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,318 ✭✭✭davo2001

Are you sure these are not just the temp files that Office creates when the file was in use?!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭imitation

You could try putting something together in vba that opens a word file, checks some parameters, and spits a summary into a file. If your cute enough it should be good enough, although there is no sub for checking file by file.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Thanks for the help and pointers on this but I've left the project alone now.... :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement