Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATM no money came out but account debited

Options
  • 14-06-2015 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I am currently in Southern Spain and i used an ATM at the local shopping centre, i attempted to withdraw €150 but it couldnt complete the transaction. Now my account is debited for €150 and i am caught for money whilst abroad. What is the best course of action to resolve this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,367 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Elaine

Hi Outkast_IRE, 

Thank you for getting in contact with us here on Boards.ie. 

We are sorry to hear that you experienced difficulty while using your card at an ATM in Spain. 

In this type of situation, the amount should be returned to your account once the ATM recalibrates. In Ireland, this normally takes 1 working day however, as you are abroad it may take up to 5 working days depending on the foreign bank. 

If after this time frame the funds are not returned, we would ask that you contact Bank of Ireland direct on 0818 365 365 / +353 1404 4000 and a representative can request a retrieval of this withdrawal.  

We hope this helps and if we can assist with anything else, please don't hesitate to contact us again. 

Thanks, 
    Elaine 

Advertisement