Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to become a roadie

Options
  • 14-06-2015 7:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38,455 ✭✭✭✭

How does one become a roadie ?? Is it through a recruitment drive or by knowing band management

I'd say it's hard work but u get to travel around the place

Anyone have experience of working on the road ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,409 ✭✭✭Nomis21

I drove the equipment Trucks on the Stones, Metallica, Beyoncé, Madonna and a few others over the years. We were paid when we got on a tour. It's not a permanent job. You are called when needed. The better you work, the more you are called.

I got my first job by calling a company and they told me to turn up in case something went wrong and I would get £50 when the last truck left the depot.

One of the drivers fell off the back of a truck in the depot and I was told to drive to Copenhagen to start Metallica's tour. I got two months work in 12 countries and was £6,000 richer. 'Fade to Black' grew on me over the weeks....

You can try working as a volunteer at some local gigs and get yourself known...

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

Start with local crew, thats how all I know got into it, and that's quite a few

Advertisement