Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

I wonder what that's like...!?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,353 ✭✭✭Cold War Kid

Markcheese wrote: »
    I only watched it about a month ago with the my kids - meh
    I went to see it in the cinema at the time - wasn't pushed either.

I've never seen any Star Wars.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

fussyonion wrote: »
    I wonder what it's like to swim.

I had a fear of water since I was a kid, but last year on holiday, my other half encouraged me to get in the pool and he kept hold of me at all times, but was trying to get me to swim.

I probably looked a right eejit, but the more he told me I was safe and the water wasn't that deep, the more I relaxed and my legs actually left the floor of the pool.
    Granted, I probably looked like a disabled frog the way my legs were moving, but the feeling was incredible.

It still wasn't proper swimming though, and because that happened almost a year ago, it'd take a long time to pluck up the courage to even do that again.

So yeah, being able to swim.
    I'm mad jealous of you all.

Same here myself or oh cant swim either

I went to see it in the cinema at the time - wasn't pushed either.

I've never seen any Star Wars.

Jurassic Park was my first cinema trip, aged about 6 I think. I remember being absolutely enthralled and terrified, sitting on my dads knee afraid of the velociraptors. I love that movie, can't wait to see the new one. :)

Star Wars though, I've left the room to avoid seeing that. Not into sci-fi movies at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,815 ✭✭✭lulu1

I am not very tolerant with people that haven't seen great films. Few months back I was on my way to the airport with a mate and I had meant to buy a pack of boxer shorts on the way but had forgot and as they knew this, I jokingly did a Rain Man impression (voice and all) and said: 'Of course I don't have my underwear. I'm definitely not wearing my underwear' and they laughed out loud and said 'No way'. I said 'Yeah, sure fcuk it, I'll get some when we get there'. So we're in the airport and I continue with the Rain Man theme for the craic, that's how I roll (annoying eejit) and say: 'Qantas, I wanna fly Qantas, only QANTAS, Qantas never crashed' and again they laugh and I laugh and follow that by saying: 'Class film Rainman, isn't it? ' and they just said: 'What?' I said: 'You know, the film, Rainman, the one I'm quoting here' and they just blankly replied: 'Never seen it, any good?. I said 'What the fcuk. You never seen it? What did you think I was saying then, when I said I wasn't wearing underwear and would only fly Qantas?' Their response: 'I dunno. Just thought you were messing.'

Maybe your idea of great and my idea of great might be completely different

Yeh I definitely seem to be in a tiny minority with regards my opinion of Jurassic Park. I think I should give it another chance at this stage.

My friend has never watched E.T.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭bodice ripper

Candie wrote: »
    Star Wars though, I've left the room to avoid seeing that. Not into sci-fi movies at all.

You'd want to sort your life out.

Yeh I definitely seem to be in a tiny minority with regards my opinion of Jurassic Park. I think I should give it another chance at this stage.

My friend has never watched E.T.

I've never seen ET either. I think the alien looks a bit thick and annoying. :P

I've never seen ET either. I think the alien looks a bit thick and annoying. :P
    Heh. :)
    I wholeheartedly recommend it though - it's just the loveliest film IMO. Up there with It's A Wonderful Life and A Christmas Carol. Heart-melting stuff. Not really about aliens that much, more about friendship and bonding and being an innocent kid still finding wonder in mundane stuff... like an alien. :p

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,169 ✭✭✭ComfortKid

I've never been to a cinima.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭ThinkProgress

Jurassic Park was my first cinema trip, aged about 6 I think. I remember being absolutely enthralled and terrified, sitting on my dads knee afraid of the velociraptors. I love that movie, can't wait to see the new one. :)

Never watched Star Wars either. I've made several attempts, but always gave up or fell asleep. I really don't understand it's popularity.

Jurassic park I loved. btw JP is just about as science fiction as it gets! lol

I've never seen Avatar. Don't reckon I ever will either - looks rubbish. (expensive rubbish) :p

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭incrisis

I have never been on a train ... I am 40....

Never watched Star Wars either. I've made several attempts, but always gave up or fell asleep. I really don't understand it's popularity.

Jurassic park I loved. btw JP is just about as science fiction as it gets! lol

I've never seen Avatar. Don't reckon I ever will either - looks rubbish. (expensive rubbish) :p

Yeah it's sci-fi, but not in the Star Wars mould which is the kind of thing I think about when I think sci-fi. Far future sci-fi I suppose I mean.

I do read a bit of sci fi though, so I don't know where the movie aversion comes from.

Needless to say, I've never watched Avatar either. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

I know plenty of 'die-hard fanatical' Man United and Liverpool fans who have never been to see their team play.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I've never driven a car.
    I've never been on a plane.
    Only left the country once.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Star Wars isn't Sci-Fi, it's a fantasy movie set in space. There's no science theme or elements whatsoever.

Jurassic Park is actually a Sci-Fi since the core 'debate' of the movie is the moral implications of trying to control nature and playing 'god' with technology.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,761 ✭✭✭AgileMyth

Always amazed by how many Irish people can't swim. We live on an island! If you fall in one day you will die because you didn't bother learning something incredibly simple.

All parents should bring their kids swimming. It might save their life.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 26,403 Mod ✭✭✭✭Peregrine

I've never seen Lord of The Rings, Star Wars, Star Trek or any of the Marvel movies.

So, you're a DC fan, huh? :p

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Depraved

I'm shocked that so many haven't seen Star Wars, Jurassic Park or E.T. The reason that they are so popular is because they appeal to everyone. They're not about science or even about aliens. Star Wars is about the struggle between good vs evil and the effect on family (initial trilogy anyway). E.T is about friendship and bonding. As for Jurassic Park...it has dinosaurs trying to eat kids. What's not to like?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Collie D

Have also never seen Avatar and have no intention to. Looks a bit crap to me. If I want to watch a bunch of blue do-gooders I prefer the Smurfs.

Also have never learned to drive. Took one lesson on Dollymount Strand and nearly hit a cyclist. Decided there and then that there were enough idiots behind the wheel without me making it worse.

I don't get people who say they can't swim. I would have thought it was more instinct than a learned skill to stay afloat. Maybe I was just lucky there. Can't remember ever not being able to swim

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

ComfortKid wrote: »
    I've never been to a cinima.

coz ya download everything ya cheap fecker

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

i have only ever read one book.. a true story.. anything else i couldn't get past the first page.
    absolutely love being in the water but i can not swim. can not get the hang of it at all.
    and iv never been to a concert..my friends always go to them but i just dont see the appeal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,647 ✭✭✭✭El Weirdo

I had a cousin over from Manchester last week.

She's been driving for 5 years but my Dad had to show her how to put petrol into her hire car as she'd never done it before.

Advertisement