Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ps4 controller unresponsive when not plugged in

Options
  • 14-06-2015 8:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭

Been having this problem for a while, when my controller is not plugged into the charger commands are sometimes delayed and the games act as if the analog sticks are still being held long after I stop. Problems go away and the controller is fine once it's plugged into the console, any ideas on how to fix this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

What's the distance between the console and the controller? Is there anything in between them that may block the signal from the controller to the console? There are a number of reports online of people saying that the bluetooth signal from DS4 to PS4 isn't as good as DS3/PS3. When you find it is unresponsive, have you tried moving closer to the console to see if it picks it up again?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,748 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Mr Bloat wrote: »
    What's the distance between the console and the controller? Is there anything in between them that may block the signal from the controller to the console? There are a number of reports online of people saying that the bluetooth signal from DS4 to PS4 isn't as good as DS3/PS3. When you find it is unresponsive, have you tried moving closer to the console to see if it picks it up again?

Never really looked into that, but it's usually only 8-10ft away with no obstruction. I'll pay attention to that though, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭allybhoy

Been having this problem for a while, when my controller is not plugged into the charger commands are sometimes delayed and the games act as if the analog sticks are still being held long after I stop. Problems go away and the controller is fine once it's plugged into the console, any ideas on how to fix this?

I had this exact same issue with my first DS4, would only happen the odd time but was very frustrating. Eventually ended up buying a new DS4 and have had no issues with the new one.

Advertisement