Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fly Rod & Reel for trout fishing from a boat ??

• 14-06-2015 9:50pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 912 ✭✭✭

Bit of a newbee, so be nice !

Looking for a Fly Rod & Reel for trout fishing from a boat ??

also what line should i use ?

Budget is about 80/90 euro .

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 660 ✭✭✭popsy09

Try one of the starter packs that are available there is a thread somewhere about it

U get a rod reel and line in your budget that will do you to get started, I think the reel is the "cheap " part and could do with upgrading if you are getting serious but starting out with a small budget these kits are ideal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭thefisherbuy

bmm wrote: »
    Bit of a newbee, so be nice !

Looking for a Fly Rod & Reel for trout fishing from a boat ??

also what line should i use ?

Budget is about 80/90 euro .
    Honestly if I were you I'd try and get a bit more 130 is a very good price range, now for 60 you'd get a lovely Shakespeare agility fly rod and for another 80 you'l get a decent reel any flies etc http://www.fishingmegastore.com/shakespeare-agility-fly~14069.html
    This is very good rod I don't have one but there's plenty of positive reviews, also for Boat fishing you'd be looking for a 10' #6 or 10'#7 depending on the lough whether it's big or small..

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭ALANC81

For €60 you would get a Shakespeare sigma or agility 9" 10" or 11" rod in 6 or 7 weight. I have both rods a there great value for money. For €30-€40 you would get a sigma real and another €30-€40 for some floating way forward line in 6-7 weight then some tippet and flies and your good to go. The starter kits are cheap for a reason. Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 402 ✭✭huddlejonny

I went through this process recently as a complete noob to fly fishing. Cheapest decent combo kit I could find was an Airflo kit on Amazon. Had rod, reel, floating line, leader, 3 crappy flies and sunglasses included for £49.

I copied the address from Amazon and pasted it into Flubit and they offered the kit for £45. Cost me an extra €7 via Parcel motel to get it over but the money I saved got me 30 flies delivered from Uk for £11.

Otherwise just go into a local tackleshop and tell them your budget and they should see you right.

Advertisement