Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What time of year are most campers on the market?

Options
  • 14-06-2015 10:01pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 35

I'm looking for a 6 birth camper and I've seen one that's nearly perfect. We don't really want it till Apr of next year. Should I hold out for exactly what I want. I've been looking for 4 weeks now.

I'm just thinking after the summer there should be a few on market?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

iamafoodie wrote: »
    I'm looking for a 6 birth camper and I've seen one that's nearly perfect. We don't really want it till Apr of next year. Should I hold out for exactly what I want. I've been looking for 4 weeks now.

I'm just thinking after the summer there should be a few on market?

Yes, there will probably be more on the market in the Autumn/Winter but if you have found one that's "nearly perfect" you might be better off to go for it now. There are alot of boxes to tick when buying one. You could hold out for exactly what you want but will it cost you more, be in better/worse condition etc? Up to yourself but its the chance you take isn't it. Good Luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

4 weeks is not a long time to be looking. What is the difference between perfect and nearly perfect for you? It might might be worth taking a punt. I would go for something nearly perfect with everything working so I can get camping straight away for the summer. I would say that though as I'm in France at the moment enjoying mine!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,213 ✭✭✭Aidan_M_M

We see no difference in sales really between summer and winter.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭homecouldbhere

Bought mine on donedeal last October.
    It seems to me (on donedeal at least) that there is a greater selection in Spring than Autumn. I guessed (still don't know if I was correct or not) that there would be fewer buyers in Autumn/Winter and hence I would have more haggling strength being the buyer. Got a very good deal as it turned out and I did haggle hard which paid off.

I also know that if/when I go to sell mine on again, I will be placing it on the market around April as I think that i would have a better chance of achieving the asking price.
    (But this is entirely gut feeling on my part, what Tristan just posted contradicts that and he would certainly know better than me!)

• Registered Users Posts: 988 ✭✭✭Benbecul97

There might be no difference for those in the trade, but in private sales on DoneDeal, Adverts etc there is definitely a difference. More value in Autumn/Winter.

• Advertisement
Advertisement