Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice needed

• 14-06-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭

Hi all, just need a bit of advice please . My 4kg rescue JRT was attacked yesterday by 2 labs & suffered 2 large puncture wounds on her shoulder & her opposite side, resulting in stitches. The vet said there was damage to the muscle & to keep her calm & quiet. She is a busy little thing, follows me everywhere & is very very active loves, loves her long walks. I can't cage her as she gets extremely stressed in small spaces. I have a kong for her & 2 different food activity you'd that she uses her feet to access , so I am reluctant to let her have them on account if her shoulder. Thoughts & advice please. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

My dog cut her paw last week and is the same - rest her as much as possible. I've taken anything away that'll keep her on her feet so no treat dispensers etc and the shed is filling up with confiscated balls for her wanting to play outside! :p We're very lucky with in because she's very relaxed so all going well.

Did your vet tell you to crate your dog though? Would she settle better in a puppy pen? When my other dog had his first operation he cried pretty much for the first day in the crate and then got used to it and settled - once he knew we weren't going to give in to his whining. He was crate trained but not for hours on end like this so it did take him a day or so to get used to it and then he relaxed. We had two crates in the main rooms downstairs and loved him between them depending on what room we were in so he'd have company.

Advertisement