Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another hair question!

Options
  • 14-06-2015 10:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys! I hadn't been to a hairdresser or had my hair coloured in almost a year when I went to the salon last Friday to get highlights. She somehow managed to convince me to get balayage as she said the upkeep would suit me better but my god it is awful! It's nothing like the gorgeous balayage in the magazines, but it's patchy and stripey and just looks like she missed parts! I didn't complain at the time, I don't know why because I didn't like it at the time but I was so tired and in there all day I just wanted to go home. I have to have my hair up at all times, it's actually laughable looking!

Now I'm not after a refund because well as Judge Judy would say "you ate the burger so you can't complain", and I don't want to go back to her to fix it as I don't trust her, but I am going to go somewhere else this week to rectify the botched job. My question is does anyone know if it's actually safe for your hair to have it highlighted two weeks in a row?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭cactusgal

Hmmm I don't know the answer to your question, but I love that you quoted Judge Judy :D I'm sure someone else on here will be able to advise you. Sorry to hear about that, really annoying, I'm sure!

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭streetcar

As far as I know, its definitely not recommended but it also depends on your hair type.
    I have had to get my hair done within a week but it always takes on colour well and doesnt tend to break . The new hairdresser should know what has happened and look at your hair to examine if applying another colour so soon would cause too much damage to it.

Advertisement