Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Offseason + Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Trust the Lakers to make the most unnecessary and sad FA signing of the off season. Metta World Peace is back.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Trust the Lakers to make the most unnecessary and sad FA signing of the off season. Metta World Peace is back.

89f5e8b8f570d11d68cf581d26b17f2e.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

I dunno, the Mavs signing Javale McGee is close. But Metta probably shades it as Shaqtin' a Fool would really miss the guy.

I dunno, the Mavs signing Javale McGee is close. But Metta probably shades it as Shaqtin' a Fool would really miss the guy.

At least the Mavs were in bad need of a big.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Anthony Bennett cut by the T-Wolves and signs with Toronto for a 1 year vet minimum. What a bust. Though in fairness no one could quite believe the Cavs actually drafted him #1 overall and it was as clear as day it wasn't going to turn out well. You'd love to know what goes through the head of these decision-makers sometimes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,469 ✭✭✭LeeJM

Lads quick question, Im a casual viewer who hasnt had the opportunity to watch in the last couple of yrs. LinSanity was just taking off (and sinking) last time I had any interest. I have BT Sports now and see the season is starting soon and want to try and get back into it even if its only 1-2 games a week I see, so who are the teams/players to watch?

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Paully D wrote: »
    Anthony Bennett cut by the T-Wolves and signs with Toronto for a 1 year vet minimum. What a bust. Though in fairness no one could quite believe the Cavs actually drafted him #1 overall and it was as clear as day it wasn't going to turn out well. You'd love to know what goes through the head of these decision-makers sometimes.

I think Bennett will do well in his hometown team without the pressure of #1 pick player, I still believe he can become a good role player in the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

LeeJM wrote: »
    Lads quick question, Im a casual viewer who hasnt had the opportunity to watch in the last couple of yrs. LinSanity was just taking off (and sinking) last time I had any interest. I have BT Sports now and see the season is starting soon and want to try and get back into it even if its only 1-2 games a week I see, so who are the teams/players to watch?

Off the top of my head...

Top teams
    Warriors
    Spurs
    Thunder
    Cavs
    Clippers

Established solid teams
    Bulls
    Rockets
    Grizzlies
    Mavs
    Blazers
    Hawks
    Wizards
    Heat

Up-and-comers
    Pelicans
    Bucks
    Celtics
    Jazz
    Timberwolves
    Magic

Going nowhere
    Nets
    Raptors
    Pacers
    Nuggets

Hopeless
    Knicks
    76ers
    Lakers
    Kings
    Pistons
    Hornets

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Basically the East is still sh*t and the west is 9 or 10 deep in terms of quality

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

padraig_f wrote: »

Top teams
    Warriors
    Spurs
    Thunder
    Cavs
    Clippers

Established solid teams
    Bulls
    Rockets
    Grizzlies
    Mavs
    Blazers
    Hawks
    Wizards
    Heat

Up-and-comers
    Pelicans
    Bucks
    Celtics
    Jazz
    Timberwolves
    Magic

Going nowhere
    Nets
    Raptors
    Pacers
    Nuggets

Hopeless
    Knicks
    76ers
    Lakers
    Kings
    Pistons
    Hornets

And poor Phoenix just wandering about in the desert without a category :(

• Advertisement

And poor Phoenix just wandering about in the desert without a category :(

Ha, I knew I should've gone back to check if I missed anyone. I don't have a great handle on Phoenix, what category do you think they should be in?

Ha, I knew I should've gone back to check if I missed anyone. I don't have a great handle on Phoenix, what category do you think they should be in?

Somewhere between the hopeless and the up and comers. I'm excited for the young guys but want the Morris situation solved ASAP.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Somewhere between the hopeless and the up and comers. I'm excited for the young guys but want the Morris situation solved ASAP.

Apparently he wants to stay now

Pacers going nowhere? Hmmmm

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭delph09

Top teams
    Warriors
    Spurs
    Thunder
    Cavs
    Clippers

Established solid teams
    Bulls
    Rockets
    Grizzlies
    Mavs
    Blazers
    Hawks
    Wizards
    Heat

Up-and-comers
    Pelicans
    Bucks
    Celtics
    Jazz
    Timberwolves
    Magic

Going nowhere
    Nets
    Raptors
    Pacers
    Nuggets

Hopeless
    Knicks
    76ers
    Lakers
    Kings
    Pistons
    Hornets

don't think thunder can be the top team, because you don't know the performance of KD is well or not after recover from the injured.

Pacers going nowhere? Hmmmm

The bookies have them 75/1 to win a title, compared to say the Bulls at 13/1, so they agree with me apparently. I don't mean they're terrible when I say 'going nowhere', just stuck in that middle ground where I can't see them being close to contending for a title, and not bad enough to suck either and rebuild with some lottery draft talent.

The bookies have them 75/1 to win a title, compared to say the Bulls at 13/1, so they agree with me apparently. I don't mean they're terrible when I say 'going nowhere', just stuck in that middle ground where I can't see them being close to contending for a title, and not bad enough to suck either and rebuild with some lottery draft talent.

The odds are probably fair but the Bulls at 13/1 is fairly poor value to be honest.

The Pacers are a big unknown this year. They are COMPLETELY changing their style in the space of one off season.

However, if George Hill, Monta and Paul George all stay healthy they are still easily a lock in the playoffs in the East.

The odds are probably fair but the Bulls at 13/1 is fairly poor value to be honest.

Maybe yeah....I'm optimistic about Hoiberg, but he's an unknown quantity at this point.
    The Pacers are a big unknown this year. They are COMPLETELY changing their style in the space of one off season.

However, if George Hill, Monta and Paul George all stay healthy they are still easily a lock in the playoffs in the East.

Are they going more up-tempo? I suppose Hibbert's departure will naturally change things alright.

Are they going more up-tempo? I suppose Hibbert's departure will naturally change things alright.
    Hoiberg will be interesting alright.

They are going from the slowest front court in the league in West and Hibbert into small ball run and gun basketball. Paul George will most likely play the 4. I'm hoping Myles Turner turns into a starting calibre C by the end of the season. He looked really good in Summer league.

There will be growing pains. It is an odd roster but this season will be interesting to watch.

Hoiberg will be interesting alright.

They are going from the slowest front court in the league in West and Hibbert into small ball run and gun basketball. Paul George will most likely play the 4. I'm hoping Myles Turner turns into a starting calibre C by the end of the season. He looked really good in Summer league.

There will be growing pains. It is an odd roster but this season will be interesting to watch.

Cool. Sounds like it could suit Paul George more playing in the open court, as opposed to a half-court where he sometimes struggled to create his own shot.

The Bulls will be going much more up-tempo as well with Hoiberg, which I'm looking forward to. While the Pacers and Bulls got a lot of credit for their defense the last few years, lock-down defense and pedestrian offense isn't the most fun to watch. I'm looking forward to run-and-gun.

• Advertisement

Cool. Sounds like it could suit Paul George more playing in the open court, as opposed to a half-court where he sometimes struggled to create his own shot.

The Bulls will be going much more up-tempo as well with Hoiberg, which I'm looking forward to. While the Pacers and Bulls got a lot of credit for their defense the last few years, lock-down defense and pedestrian offense isn't the most fun to watch. I'm looking forward to run-and-gun.

Yeah both teams will undergo a similar transformation. I'm not mad about Pacers going full run and gun. Vogel is all about defense but he's going to have to give up defense if we're gonna play this way. We're especially weak in the front court.

Hoiberg is already a favourite of mine due to this video alone:

Derrick Rose fractures his orbital after being elbowed in practice. You couldn't make it up really. First practice under Hoiberg and he's injured. 4-6 weeks out so not a huge deal and not too many difficult games in that period (Cavs, Thunder, Warriors I believe is all) but if he didn't have bad luck he'd have none at all.

Derrick Rose fractures his orbital after being elbowed in practice. You couldn't make it up really. First practice under Hoiberg and he's injured. 4-6 weeks out so not a huge deal and not too many difficult games in that period (Cavs, Thunder, Warriors I believe is all) but if he didn't have bad luck he'd have none at all.

Yeah terrible bad luck with injuries for Rose. I saw a stat over the last few days that D Rose has missed more games in the last couple of years than Duncan has in his career. Health is the one thing that you can't buy in the NBA it seems. Hopefully D Rose can come back at the top of his game.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,785 ✭✭✭killwill

Especially during his interview on Open Day making weird comments about free agency and his time coming for a max contract. Who in their right mind would give him a max now?

@malistheman is think Rose missed 103 games in the last 3 seasons and Duncan has missed 97 games in 18 seasons. What a career from Duncan.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

killwill wrote: »

@malistheman is think Rose missed 103 games in the last 3 seasons and Duncan has missed 97 games in 18 seasons. What a career from Duncan.

Is that "missed" or rested - this is Pop remember!

Been crazy busy one the last few weeks, only getting back to posting here now.

Moses…..sad. RIP.

Rose? I fractured my eye socket and my jaw with a knee to the face. My God you can't imagine the pain that's there afterwards. Even the slightest rub by a finger is agony. Dude has zero luck.

Signed up for NBA league pass with the Bulls pre-season starting tonight. €180 looked a bit pricey, so researched the VPN option (signing up from a different part of the world). Best I saw was Ghana, 130 USD for the same package, or €115.

That's for regular season & playoffs (all teams). Still not exactly cheap, but better than 180.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Are you in Ireland? Was €160 for me there 2 or 3 weeks ago

Are you in Ireland? Was €160 for me there 2 or 3 weeks ago

Yeah.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Ha! Ha! This is HILARIOUS!!!!!
    Someone thinks he's A LOT more powerful than he is:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=142&v=eEXmNs_WdUQ

"my brother"

"You are in no position to question me"

"you do not want to make an enemy of me"

"you're wrong about that too"

"you don't know who I talk to"

"some of the brothers that talk behind my back in the NBA"

"I AM A BLACK MAN!!"

"I will put my resume up against anybody in this industry. We really wanna go there? We really want to start something? Against ME?"

"You want to start something? That is not the wise thing to do."

"chirpin' behind my back all the time"

"they're making unnecessary enemies"

The BEST BIT STARTS AT 11:48
    "you don't wanna make an enemy outta me. And I'm looking right into the camera...tsh...and I'm a say it again...you DO NOT wanna make an enemy out of me....I'm not havin' it"

:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement

That Smith rant was fantastic. :pac: 21 minutes of complete and utter cringe.

It might get even better too, a Smith v Bayless row is brewing and has been for some time:

http://thebiglead.com/2015/10/07/skip-bayless-stephen-a-smith-first-take/

Advertisement