Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Offseason + Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Paully D wrote: »
    By the way lads, numerous reporters will be spoiling picks tonight, i.e. announcing them on social media before Silver announces them. So if you don't want them spoiled I'd be avoiding Twitter etc as reporters will be using it as a dick measuring contest.

I don't know what you all think of this, but I personally hate it. I like the suspense. If there was enough support, would it be possible to make this a spoiler free thread tonight so we follow the broadcast and discuss picks/trades as and when they happen?

Woj ruined the draft for me last year. I'll be unfollowing him before it starts and follow him again after.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,091 ✭✭✭✭ Miller Millions Nanny

rumours that if okafor falls to 3 celtics have agreed to send a "monster package" to the 6ers

• Registered Users Posts: 11,596 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Yeah great idea Paully.

Tonight there is to be no announcing of picks until they are made by Adam Silver on stage. Anyone breaking this rule will receive a ban

All those in favour of having Woj horsewhipped, say aye.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Rumour is instead of dumping the #30 pick and David Lee, the Warriors are trying to trade up. Any idea how this can happen anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Jazz are trying to move Trey Burke, per CBS.

LaMarcus Aldridge has informed Portland that he's not coming back, per Erik Gunderson (a Trail Blazers beat writer).

• Advertisement

Kings owner apparently considering firing George Karl for trying to run Boogie out of town. Proper order.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,888 ✭✭✭Morrison J

Time is first pick made at anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,343 ✭✭✭buyer95

Yeah great idea Paully.

Tonight there is to be no announcing of picks until they are made by Adam Silver on stage. Anyone breaking this rule will receive a ban

Great call, and it's nice to see lots of active posters atm. Woj will be unfollowed tonight! As a Knicks fan it is the first chance I have had to be excited about the team in about 2 years. I just hope they don't screw this, Russell or Mudiay are both strong picks, presuming Towns and Okafor are gone by the time the Knicks pick at 4.

Side note, the Knicks 2nd round pick, which is actually valuable as there is a lot of talent deeper in this draft goes to Houston. We gave up the 35th pick for Marcus Camby to sit on the bench injured all season during that 54 win season. Ah Knicks, never change.

Morrison J wrote: »
    Time is first pick made at anyone?

Around 12.40 our time, build up on BT from 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Now to put on the popcorn and hope I can stay awake. Have an 8am meeting (f*ckers). :mad:

• Advertisement

Now to put on the popcorn and hope I can stay awake. Have an 8am meeting (f*ckers). :mad:

Haha, and I was only just lamenting having to meet someone at 10am tomorrow! Meanwhile, Phil Jackson has been today quoted as saying "For KIcks fans there will be surprises tonight." No Phil, do not trade the 4th pick for some mid ranking point guard, take Russell or Mudiay for all Knicks fans sanity

Wiz Khalifa in the SportsCentre studio during their draft build up coverage and he is completely stoned (as usual) :pac:

Presenter just asked him what he liked to do before a performance - he was clearly wanting to say "smoke weed" :pac:

Paully D wrote: »
    Wiz Khalifa in the SportsCentre studio during their draft build up coverage and he is completely stoned (as usual) :pac:

Presenter just asked him what he liked to do before a performance - he was clearly wanting to say "smoke weed" :pac:

I'm sure I've read before that Wiz spends over 10,000 dollars a month on weed. Our friends over at reddit even created a formula to find out how many joints he smokes a day, and they came up with the number 34:pac::pac:

buyer95 wrote: »
    Haha, and I was only just lamenting having to meet someone at 10am tomorrow! Meanwhile, Phil Jackson has been today quoted as saying "For KIcks fans there will be surprises tonight." No Phil, do not trade the 4th pick for some mid ranking point guard, take Russell or Mudiay for all Knicks fans sanity

I have to drive to Waterford in the morning but I'm half tempted to stay up and see what stupidity the Knicks bring to the party.

I have to drive to Waterford in the morning but I'm half tempted to stay up and see what stupidity the Knicks bring to the party.

Id stay up until atleast the lottery picks are done, thats when most of the craziness will go down anyway! I wonder if Boogie gets traded tonight, gut feeling is no, but seeing as it is the Kings anything is possible.

Doubt boogie gets moved after about pick 10 it will be timid enough but it should be great till then

D'Angelo Russell was born in 1996. ****ing hell I feel old :(

Its on nights like these you miss Bill Simmons and his dont give a fcuk attitude. He really shines on nights like this. Be interesting to see where he lands next season.

Decided to stay completely off twitter, people will be RT'ing Woj/Stein et all so unfollowing becomes kind of pointless. Going to do this the old fashioned way and just watch it on TV. Come on Knicks, please don't fcuk this up

Broussard saying we might trade down and draft Kaminsky, he is essentially Chris Kaman 2.0. No, just no.

• Advertisement

Broussard saying we might trade down and draft Kaminsky, he is essentially Chris Kaman 2.0. No, just no.

This is the sort of idiocy I expect of the Knicks.

This is the sort of idiocy I expect of the Knicks.

Broussard is an idiot, it's kind of ironic that he covers the Knicks. This is really a no brainer, if Russell is there take him, if not draft Mudiay. If both are gone take Porzingus.

Jalen's team needs for the Knicks - "everything".

Stern was a dickhead but he was great on these nights, really revelled in the booing and knew how to build up the tension. In 2013 when he walked out onto the stage no one knew he was going to read Anthony Bennet's name, so when the time came to deliver the name he stalled and allowed everyone to get excited before shocking everyone. Good times.

Its on nights like these you miss Bill Simmons and his dont give a fcuk attitude. He really shines on nights like this. Be interesting to see where he lands next season.

Ahh now I'm sad

Timberwolves take Towns. No surprise at all there. Wiggins and Towns is a heck of a building block.

Will the Lakers go Okafor or Russell?

Towns #1. No surprise. Now let the games begin.

Watching this without any twitter open is refreshing.

Towns #1. No surprise. Now let the games begin.

Watching this without any twitter open is refreshing.

Woj and co are probably on pick #5 by now :pac:

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

No idea what the Lakers will do.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,995 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Wow, Lakers select Russell. The draft is so wide open.

Advertisement