Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Offseason + Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Or:

:D

That series and playoffs were Roy and the Pacers at the peak of their powers. One decent scorer off the bench and they were in the Finals. So close.

Rodney Stuckey re-signs with the Pacers. 7 mill/3 years.

Stuckey was a pleasant surprise last year and I am glad to have him back but are we going to sign anyone over 6'8''?

Looking more and more like PG is going to play the 4, which I am not happy about.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

Hibbert eh?

kylekorverbadass.gif

Well he was blocked there by famed rim protector Kyle Korver......;)

Come to think of it, didn't Korver have 2 blocks on him in that game?

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Or:

:D

That series and playoffs were Roy and the Pacers at the peak of their powers. One decent scorer off the bench and they were in the Finals. So close.

Or remove one horrible decision by Vogel to take Hibbert's size out of the last play of the game and give LeBron a relatively easy layup game winner....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

kufos to the kings now i retract everything i said they are actually having a really really good offseason

• Advertisement

Memphis give gasol 100 mil over 5 years

david west and the spurs a done deal apparently didn't see that one coming

• Registered Users Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

He rejected $12 million from the Pacers to take only $1.5 million. Fierce admirable move in fairness. Early days but hard to see past the Spurs at this stage.

He rejected $12 million from the Pacers to take only $1.5 million. Fierce admirable move in fairness. Early days but hard to see past the Spurs at this stage.

i don't know if admiral is the right word i mean he's going for a championship not for the good of anyone else but its certainly surprising, talk about the rich getting richer that front court is crazy now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

I love the Spurs, but think I'd have taken the money.

• Advertisement

padraig_f wrote: »
    I love the Spurs, but think I'd have taken the money.

you and me both although in fairness myself and david west have had a massively different income over the last few years

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Spurs are very frontcourt heavy though, they could do with a little something in their backcourt IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,148 ✭✭✭PizzamanIRL

Wes Johnson to the Clips for vet minimum. I thought he was worth more than that.

Clips also interested in Boozer.

Paully D wrote: »
    Spurs are very frontcourt heavy though, they could do with a little something in their backcourt IMO.

in fairness in the current league being front court heavy is just about the best possible issue in the league backcourts are relatively easy to get

celtics have traded for david lee and got rid of gerald wallace in the deal

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

nerd69 wrote: »
    celtics have traded for david lee and got rid of gerald wallace in the deal

Lee being traded has been a given for sometime now, pure business move by the Warriors, they save 5 million on his last year.
    Granted Lee is probably being over paid now, but that is not his fault, he certainly paid the warriors back these past few years, extremely productive and professional all the way to the end. He really was the start of the Warriors changing their culture, it was a big contract but he has more than earned it.

Boston will suit him, he will bring a lot to that young team plus I bet his numbers will bounce back up next season.
    One of my fav warriors players for a while now, big fan favorite.

That is certainly a good trade for the Celtics. Even a diminished Lee (and I do think his numbers will jump hugely next year) is an improvement on Wallace, a guy who has gone backwards largely due to the decline in his athleticism. Hard to believe given their current form both of these guys were relatively recent all stars.

Kevin Arnowitz and Zach Lowe had a good discussion on the Lowe Post about DeAndre Jordan's move to Dallas. Arnowitz seems pretty close to the Clippers, and there was a bit more to it than just not getting on with CP3; it was more about how he was always considered a 2nd-tier player there. I found the way they described the Dallas pitch quite interesting, and how they essentially wooed him. Although they did also make the point that if Dallas intends to run designed offensive plays for him, that may be easier said than done.

It seems a to be feature of free-agency this year that the two big destinations, the Lakers and Knicks, didn't emerge that well out of it. I'm wondering if the big-market thing is not such a factor as it once was. Maybe to do with the way media is changing....with the internet displacing traditional newspaper and TV (largely based in NY and LA). I think they'll always be attractive destinations; but maybe not as big a difference as before, with the ability for players to grow their brand from anywhere.

The Bulls re-signed Aaron Brooks to a 1-year deal. I'm happy to have him back. Some Bulls fans were critical of him because he had a bad playoffs, but I thought he had an excellent season overall, and just hit some bad form at the wrong time.

There's a twist:

The Clippers are begging DeAndre Jordan to back out on his agreement with the Mavericks

Sounds a bit ethically questionable from the Clippers to do this, after he's agreed a deal with the Mavs.

@ramonashelbourne: "The Clippers are now "hopeful" that DeAndre will return, I'm told."

@netw3rk on fire....

"Chandler Parson's is firing off dozens of emergency dms to restock the orgy suite"

"Doc: where's Chri---

*Loud crash as CP3 beaches his banana boat at high speed right onto the curb*"

CJaIV60UAAAvqTv.jpg

"Doc: lastly, DeAndre, someone wants to say something (whispers) Chris

CP3: Do I ha--

Doc: NOW

CP3: imsorryfornothighfiving Can I go now?"

• Advertisement

The whole Deandre Jordan thing is pathetic. A grown man FFS.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

NufcNavan wrote:
    The whole Deandre Jordan thing is pathetic. A grown man FFS.

What do you mean by that?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

It's fairly unprofessional, he verbally agreed a max deal with them which took them out of free agency and left them high and dry.

Jordan and the Clippers have one thing in common - neither have any class.

Disgusting behaviour from both parties.

I'd like to see the League step in on this and sanction both. I know nothing was signed, but that's some turnaround from Jordan in a couple of days and says a lot about his character and what his word means to him. It's the type of behavior I expect from Premiership Footballers, not American athletes.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

I'd like to see the League step in on this and sanction both. I know nothing was signed, but that's some turnaround from Jordan in a couple of days and says a lot about his character and what his word means to him. It's the type of behavior I expect from Premiership Footballers, not American athletes.

Disgusting behaviour from both parties.

Jordan and the Clippers have one thing in common - neither have any class.

Hahaha. Why would you think they'd act differently to footballers?

What sanction would the league impose? Not being sound?

It's business lads and it's not always nice. While I think it's a bit of a scumbag move by Jordan I can see why he has done it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Kings traded Ray MacCallum to the Spurs for a 2nd round pick. More salary wiggle room for Josh Smith?

You have a 26 year old spineless wuss who held two franchises and potentially the league business (domino effect) by the balls because he's locked himself in a house like a little child, and now you have one of the league's biggest stars in Griffin tweeting pictures of chairs in front of doors to completely mock the whole situation.

As a commentator, he definitely won for humour.

As a player directly involved in the situation, he came across as a classless tool.

Funny, but also pretty sleazy and classless. That organisation is full of immaturity and will once again choke in the playoffs. It's not hard to see why they can never get past the semi finals.

I'll be curious to see what Silver has to say about this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭TheGoldenAges

Felexicon wrote: »
    Hahaha. Why would you think they'd act differently to footballers?

What sanction would the league impose? Not being sound?

It's business lads and it's not always nice. While I think it's a bit of a scumbag move by Jordan I can see why he has done it.

There's a big difference though because of how recruiting around the cap works in the NBA, this will set the Mavs back 5 years and they'll be basically out of the running for free agency bonanza to attract a superstar next year.

The Mavs might as well tank (not sure if they have their picks) ala the 76ers.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Disgraceful stuff from Jordan.

Fair play to Cuban as well, he told Wes Matthews he could sign elsewhere if he wanted and wouldn't try to hold him to the verbal agreement.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Never really minded the Clippers, would rather LeBron bring one home to Ohio more than see them win now though

Advertisement