Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

2015 NBA Offseason + Draft

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 433 ✭✭me and the biz

Mark Cuban going off on one on Chris Broussard and his "sources" on Twitter. Calling him out to name them

• Registered Users Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭NufcNavan

Mark Cuban going off on one on Chris Broussard and his "sources" on Twitter. Calling him out to name them

Good. Broussard is a moron.

Meanwhile, Enes Kanter got the max. It really is silly season.

• Registered Users Posts: 53,028 ✭✭✭✭ButtersSuki

NufcNavan wrote: »
    Good. Broussard is a moron.

Meanwhile, Enes Kanter got the max. It really is silly season.

True on Broussard, he really is a tool.

Kanter got a max? That's it, I'm going to get fit again and tryout for the Sixers.

Felexicon wrote: »
    Hahaha. Why would you think they'd act differently to footballers?

What sanction would the league impose? Not being sound?

It's business lads and it's not always nice. While I think it's a bit of a scumbag move by Jordan I can see why he has done it.

I'd expect them to behave differently than premiership footballers for a few reasons - principally because there's rarely been a dick move like this in US Pro Sports (bar maybe "The Decision") whereas this kind of crap goes on all the time in soccer.

As alluded to above, he has f@cked the Mavs for a few years with this move. By agreeing to sign with them he took them out of the race for every other free agent as they thought they had their guy.

As for sanctions, I wouldn't rule it out. Stern blocked the Chris Paul to the lakers trade a few years ago and the NBA takes a very dim view of any conduct they deem as bringing negative PR to the league. I've been largely impressed with Silver so far as he seems in tune with the man on the street, therefore I wouldn't rule out seeing him do something about this - as much for now as to stop other players doing it in the future. He likely can't make him join the Mavs, but I'd expect a big fine for the Clippers and/or Jordan OR a suspension for Jordan.

I think this one isn't finished yet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,573 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

Sorry, but this is stupidly brilliant. Or brilliantly stupid. Either way.

Sorry, but this is stupidly brilliant. Or brilliantly stupid. Either way.

It's the latter.

Wonder what kind of reception he'll get when they play the Mavs in Dallas? Lol

Just read an interview with Cuban who said Jordan didn't contact them since they had the verbal agreement to sign. Cuban also called Jordan several times and Jordan never answered or returned his calls. Utterly classless.

Whatever about pulling a major dick move like Jordan did, AT LEAST have the balls to call the guy who just offered you $80million and tell him you've changed your mind. To just bury his head in the sand like he did is a chicken-**** bitch move. The whole episode says more about Jordan's character than anything else. That guy is weak.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

What do you think his team mates will make of it? I don't know how much trust I would be able to put in someone with such a weak character.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Buzz Williams was Jimmy Butler's coach at Marquette (now head-coach at Virginia Tech). Came to Chicago to see Jimmy sign his max contract: http://chicago.suntimes.com/sports/7/71/758327/buzz-williams-watched-jimmy-butler-sign-contract

Then sent him this text the following day at 4am:

CJgn7K1WsAAa3K5.jpg

via @CodyWesterlund

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Hope okc don't match kanters offer from the Blazers..iv never seen such a bad defensive big before

• Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭Felexicon

limerickfc wrote:
    Hope okc don't match kanters offer from the Blazers..iv never seen such a bad defensive big before

Surely they won't. Can't see them giving him the max.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭limerickfc

Hopefully anyway..could they still work out a sign and trade or is that off the table seeing as he already signed.?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

deron williams wants out of brookly he wants to go home to call as apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭padraig_f

Ah that explains it, DeAndre couldn't meet with Cuban, he was on a date :)

Mark Cuban Says DeAndre Jordan Told Him He Was on a Date

limerickfc wrote: »

i don't see them doing that. I mean after letting Harden go they'd have to stick to their frugality

nerd69 wrote: »

Brooklyn want rid of Williams and his ridonkulous contract too but the problem is no-one In the league wants to pay Deron Williams money with Smush Parker production.

i don't see them doing that. I mean after letting Harden go they'd have to stick to their frugality

Well they've learned the hard way that not paying Harden and the subsequent luxury tax has cost them hugely and may cost them more down the line if they lose either KD or Westbrook so I'd suspect there's some overcompensation (panic!) going on here.

As a U.S. coach once said to me

"If you're 7 foot tall, can rebound and chew gum, you're going to the NBA"

Fo reals.

Well they've learned the hard way that not paying Harden and the subsequent luxury tax has cost them hugely and may cost them more down the line if they lose either KD or Westbrook so I'd suspect there's some overcompensation (panic!) going on here.

As a U.S. coach once said to me

"If you're 7 foot tall, can rebound and chew gum, you're going to the NBA"

Fo reals.

Still though, if I were in that position I'd be more stubborn to sticking to that salary bidness plan especially if it meant the Blazers stinging themselves with a ludicrous Kanter contract. They did let Reggie Jackson go too when he was demanding unreal money, and he got a mental deal in Detroit so I don't see them biting.

Kings signed Caron Butler, another vet, also leaves them room with trade exceptions. Exciting times!! which is also quite sad when barely scraping 8th seed is the most this team can hope for

Kings signed Caron Butler, another vet, also leaves them room with trade exceptions. Exciting times!! which is also quite sad when barely scraping 8th seed is the most this team can hope for

They should move to the East. They'd prob. be 4th in that conf.!

• Advertisement

I hope the Kings sign Josh Smith. Just for the lolz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,975 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Dallas to sign williams on a 2 year 10 million deal. This deal has tons of potential for both parties, its win win for williams, he gets big pay out plus new decent contract considering his underperformance these past few years. Hopefuly a new lease of life.
    Dallas get to take a chance on a player that was ranked as one of the best pg's in nba not so long ago, he is still good and Dallas need a good point guard but he could be great.

Dallas to sign williams on a 2 year 10 million deal. This deal has tons of potential for both parties, its win win for williams, he gets big pay out plus new decent contract considering his underperformance these past few years. Hopefuly a new lease of life.
    Dallas get to take a chance on a player that was ranked as one of the best pg's in nba not so long ago, he is still good and Dallas need a good point guard but he could be great.

In the crazy world of current NBA salaries $10m over 2 years isn't much of a risk alright.

Williams is another guy I just can't figure out - he looked supremely talented prior to getting his Nets contract, but to me now looks like a guy who's physically deteriorated HUGELY (the first step, acceleration and explosiveness have all gone), he also looks like he's carrying timber IMO, and his confidence appears low - and all of this on a guy with a history of getting coaches fired and bad relationships with them, and what has long felt like a lack of desire or caring (when they lost to Chicago in the play offs he seemed more interested in the play offs in discussing his holidays in the post gane press conference).

Another guy I'd have questions over. Tbh I can't see him getting back to the old heights. He just looks "comfortable" to me. Very comfortable.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,983 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Joel Embiid set to miss this year after another surgery. Another year of tanking for the sixers by the looks of it.

Joel Embiid set to miss this year after another surgery. Another year of tanking for the sixers by the looks of it.

They'll be great in 2068 though. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,977 ✭✭✭Soby

Felexicon wrote: »
    Surely they won't. Can't see them giving him the max.

Hopefully not and more of a role is given to McGary this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,391 ✭✭✭D2D

So Ty Lawson got arrested last night for a second DUI this year. Dude just has no sense

• Registered Users Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭nerd69

Pery Jones gone to celtics for basically nothing

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

nerd69 wrote: »

This has been doing the rounds a bit. Can't see anybody taking him on given the money he is currently asking for.

• Advertisement

That_Guy wrote: »
    This has been doing the rounds a bit. Can't see anybody taking him on given the money he is currently asking for.

Mavs 10M/2yrs.

Advertisement