Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Free Gp scheme for children under 6

Options
13»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Sligo1 wrote: »
    I'd actually love to stay where I am... But it's just such an amount of money isn't it?

Can you claim anything back on your insurance policy? I was thinking what I would do if ours wasn't covered... I'd really find it hard to decide. There are plenty of disinterested out-of-date GP's. There are ones that don't take you seriously, ones that are into supplementing their income with quackery products. I have such a long relationship with my own. I'd hate to have to start the hunt for a good one all over again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

pwurple wrote: »
    Can you claim anything back on your insurance policy? I was thinking what I would do if ours wasn't covered... I'd really find it hard to decide. There are plenty of disinterested out-of-date GP's. There are ones that don't take you seriously, ones that are into supplementing their income with quackery products. I have such a long relationship with my own. I'd hate to have to start the hunt for a good one all over again.

We have literally just changed insurance policy from my very expensive one to my husbands company one :). And we can now claim back on gp visits (we weren't able to before) :). It's not even 50% of the cost tho. But better than nothin. If we are considering staying with our current GP :).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

Sligo1 wrote: »
    We have literally just changed insurance policy from my very expensive one to my husbands company one :). And we can now claim back on gp visits (we weren't able to before) :). It's not even 50% of the cost tho. But better than nothin. If we are considering staying with our current GP :).
    pwurple wrote: »

It is probably worth putting in a call or two to the GPs office to query/encourage their registration for the scheme. The more calls they get, the more likely they are to sign up.

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭miami2007

very few signed up around shankill/glenageary but i see theres a new clinic set up at glenageary roundabout - any feedback?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,644 ✭✭✭✭lazygal

Apparently I can't register electronically, but nor can I open the letter the HSE sent me to bring to the GP. Anyone else?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I read about that earlier and it made my blood boil. Literally. And that's from someone who has been in the GP 5 times in the last 3 weeks. And will likely be back in before the end of the week again. If you wouldn't go if you were paying you don't go if it's free.

What are they trying to do: make sure it's impossible to see a GP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,948 ✭✭✭Sligo1

Yay my gps signed up today!! They not doing online reg tho and it's only avaliable to those already part of the practice. I'm delighted they've signed! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,751 ✭✭✭mirrorwall14

Received card this morning though my GP will be signing up once they have changed the hands at the practise (new GP taking over). At least he's covered in the meantime on a local GP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭sillysocks

Does the cover start as soon as you receive the card or is it from a set date? I have the 1st July in my head but not sure if I imagined that!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Cover starts to 1st of July.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭brock92

I cant register online for this, says my sons PPS number is invalid.
    Anybody else having this problem?

All sorted, i was entering 0A at end of PPS number.
    It should have been OA

We received our cards here last week as well. Amazingly efficient. I'm actually surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Elliottsmum79

Delighted to get my card very quickly too, this scheme seems to be well organised which is unusual for the HSE by all accounts..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Give it a chance, it only starts tomorrow. Wait until you're waiting a week for an appointment with your doctor and then see how well it's running.

(I am hoping this doesn't happen but a lot of people think it will.)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,251 ✭✭✭cyning

I'm dreading that to be honest... I'm regularly in the GPs and the only thing keeping my sanity is that waiting times are virtually nil. I'm really, really hoping people don't abuse it.

Very first day, and we just used ours... When this was announced I changed the appointment we had for a few weeks ago.

Guys does anyone know how to login to change details? My own GP has signed up so I want to switch. It says I can in the FAQ but there's no link to login that I can see

Just to update, despite the FAQ's saying you can change details online according to emails and with support its paper only. The didn't reply to my email suggesting they amend their FAQ's as totally misleading g...

Advertisement