Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

1980s bungalow renovation

12346»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 258 ✭✭krazyklown

Best of luck with everything - not the update anyone wanted to hear. For whats its worth, one of the factors that drew me to this thread was you came across as a hard working, decent person. I truly hope at some stage in the future, you will be able to look back and say you turned things around. Keep the faith.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,695 ✭✭✭Lisha

Best of luck Jon.

I'm so sorry life has dealt you such a shiit hand. I felt drawn to your thread as I loved the thought of a man working so hard so his family could create a house to be filled with good memories.

Your go get em and work hard attitude was so refreshing to read.

I was genuinely gutted for you when I read your relationship had collapsed and I'm sorry that tensions escalated.

As I'm sure you now know all that matters is your mental health and your children's happiness.

I can only applaud you for taking the steps needed to protect your mental health. Seriously fair fuucks.

I can only wish you the best and I hope you find a way to rebuild your life. I hope you can develop a relationship with your children.

I know it sounds daft from one stranger to another but I am rooting for you and I wish you peace and happiness.

Best of luck

(Ps some women are dreadfully mean but I hope you get to meet the one to make the bad ones seem like a distant memory)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 382 ✭✭Goodne

Wow Jon not the update I was hoping for but I am in awe with your bravery and honesty. You are a hardworking and courageous man. I wish you the very best of luck and I hope you find happiness and peace in your future.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Like many others I had become emotionally strangely invested in this thread and really wanted everything to work out.

Best of luck to FortySeven in all his future endeavors and I know that a good Dad such as yourself will manage to have a great relationship with his kids despite the roadblocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 364 ✭✭ScottStorm

Like many others I had become emotionally strangely invested in this thread and really wanted everything to work out.

Best of luck to FortySeven in all his future endeavors and I know that a good Dad such as yourself will manage to have a great relationship with his kids despite the roadblocks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

FortySeven you were an inspiration to a lot of us (if not all) who read this thread. Please take from that rather than putting yourself down (bipolar alcoholic). You are a wonderful man. You have just been through a lot. Stuff that would push anyone over the edge.

I wish you the very best in the future. From what you posted you came across as a lovely soul, I am confident things will get better for you. Chin up.

Take care
    Amdublin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,975 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

I saw this thread on the main page and was excited as I thought it was an update from forty seven ..

Wishing you well wherever you are OP .

Advertisement