Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options
  • 21-04-2015 6:46pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

What do you think we'll see at E3?

Here's mine:

VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, VR, and more VR.

Sony

[*] Star Wars: Battlefront - doing their marketing duties.
    [*] Uncharted 4 Gameplay set-piece. Looks fantastic. Highly polished. Release 2016.
    [*] Uncharted Collection announced. Release 2015.
    [*] New God of War Trailer.
    [*] Project Morpheus segment - VR games demo'd, final specs, price, release date.
    [*] Destiny Expansions galore
    [*] The Last Guardian trailer. Still no release date announced.
    [*] Deus Ex: Mankind Divided trailer. Release 2016.

Microsoft

[*] Halo 5, Halo 5, Halo 5, Halo 5, Halo 5 and yet more Halo 5.
    [*] Usual suspects - Call of Duty: Black Ops 3, Assassin's Creed: Victory (scripted demo to hide bugs) etc
    [*] Rise of the Tomb Raider promoted like Gates just descended from the clouds.
    [*] Something about Quantum Break.
    [*] Rare's new game shown off - maybe Banjo Kazooie related.
    [*] Gears of War Collection announced for this Christmas. Gears of War 4 Teaser shown.
    [*] Crackdown demo
    [*] Indies, Indies, Indies.
    [*] Scalebound. Release 2016.

Nintendo

[*] Not a whisper of Zelda (as expected).
    [*] Star Fox treated as the second coming of Jesus Christ. Release 2015.
    [*] Xenoblade Chronicles X gameplay. Release 2015.
    [*] DLC revealed for Smash Bros. & Mario Kart 8.
    [*] Trailer featuring Nintendo IP's coming to mobile devices this year.
    [*] Yoshi's Woolly World & Mario Maker gameplay.
    [*] Retro Studies new game shown off?!
    [*] Wii U Price cut. 150-200 Euro mark.
    [*] Amiibo, Amiibo, Amiibo, Amiibo, Amiibo.

Bethesda

[*] Fallout 4 announced - the internet is broken for a few minutes. Release 2016.
    [*] Doom gameplay - everything we hoped for and more. Turns out to be great! 2015 release
    [*] Dishonoured 2 - everything we feared for and more. Turns out to be shiite. 2015 release

Electronic Arts

[*] Star Wars: Battlefront, Star Wars: Battlefront, Star Wars: Battlefront! Open Beta Released during conference like BF: Hardline last year.
    [*] Sports, Sports, Sports, Sports, Sports.
    [*] Finally a Mirror's Edge 2 demonstration. Release 2016.
    [*] Mass Effect 4 trailer. Release 2016.
    [*] Titanfall 2 Announced. No release date.
    [*] New Need For Speed game.
    [*] Battlefield: Hardline DLC

Ubisoft

[*] Rainbow Six: Siege - gameplay, trailer, release 2015.
    [*] Some crap that nobody in the world gives a flying shiite about.
    [*] Every single one of the games shown shows you climbing a tower of some sort even if it's a washing up dishes simulator.
    [*] The Division - new demo visually downgraded like Watch_Dogs. 2016 release.
    [*] Beyond Good & Evil 2......maybe......perhaps......kinda?
    [*] New Splinter Cell announced. No release date.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,579 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Really interested to see what Rare are up to, hopefully now free of the shackles of Avatars, Kinect etc.

Ubi have been quite good to bet on new IP, even if they do follow a familiar template.

Interested in the Sony first-party stuff and Morpheus. Too soon for Gran Turismo?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,699 ✭✭✭deathrider

When is this year's E3?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Sony: Indie games, indie games, indie games... OH FÚCK, UNCHARTED!!!.... indie games, indie games and a load of your favourite indie games to get a re-re-re-release in a HD collection that nobody ever asked for.

;)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Namco to finally tease some next-gen Soulcalibur or Tekken X Street Fighter.

Also Mass Effect 4.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Too soon for Gran Turismo?

Next year, I'd say. ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

I predict the Last Guardian still wont be shown

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Watch Dogs 2 from Ubisoft i have a felling we will get a trailer for that as no way there going to leave the 2nd one for a few more years.

Also something from Fair Cry as well. Blood Dragon 2 maybe ?.

Microsoft might shock us with something this year and it will be a major game as well. Maybe a new Cookers game from Rare as well as with the DLC for project spark they could be testing the waters will a full on game. Or maybe something as crazy as a Microsoft Kart racing game LoL. The Gears of war box set is going to happen for sure this year.

Sony is to show the new god of war game anyway and the new game from Ninja Theory Hellblade i think its called ?. Also a while ago wasn't there a game called Project Beast or something along the lines of that ?. As i have a felling where going to get a few new Sony IPS as well as other then Uncharted 4 i cant think of any other major 1st party game coming out for the console. Also No Mans Sky Realise date as well

Nintendo i have a felling where going to see there new games console at E3 in some shape or forum and there Mobile games as well.

Where going to see some Rockband 4 gameplay as well and where going to be shocked at what the set list will have and its going to have a crazy amount of songs on the disc as well.

Borderlands 3 gameplay and trailer could be seen as well at E3.

Mad Max and Just Cause 3 gameplay will be showed as well as both games are out in a few months and we have seen notting from them yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Watch Dogs 2 from Ubisoft i have a felling we will get a trailer for that as no way there going to leave the 2nd one for a few more years. .

I think there is an opportunity there to poke fun at themselves. Perhaps demo a trailer in 16 bit graphics or something of that ilk. Self referential skit dealing with the graphics downgrade drama. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Borderlands 3 gameplay and trailer could be seen as well at E3.

No work has yet been done for that game, they are still at the brain storming and hireing new staff stage. It's way, way out.

I can see MS releasing their new smaller and cheaper Xbone SKU to try and further undercut Sony.

Project Morpheus will get a bit of stage time from Sony but not much as it's hard to show VR unless you actually wear the headset.

All EA have to do is to show off Mirror's Edge 2 and prove that Battlefront will actually look like the trailer and not pull a Ubi Watchdogs on it.

Ubi need to show off Beyond Good and Evil 2. Rainbow Six Siege will be shown again with a live staged team with a script but that game has problems left right and centre, the shooting mechanics look woeful. The Division will be pushed around more as it should be well on and a limited access beta announced with codes given out Live for E3 like EA did for Battlefield.

Fallout 4 has to be the game of the show this year, just has to be.

The mystery that is No Man's Sky will continue with the same rolling demo and still no one will actually know anything about the gameplay or real scale of the game.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If Sony show the new God of War game I'd be a little concerned regarding the first party studios.

At the Playstation Experience event, one of the main guys behind God of War said they were ridiculously early in development.. I'd hope we don't see anything on it until the next Playstation Experience at the earliest.

I'll only talk about Sony + Multiplatform as I don't own the other consoles.

I expect to see Uncharted 4 demo, Guerilla's new IP, No Man's Sky, Rime and The Witness release dates, small bit of Morpheus content and a picture of the vita in one of the slides :P

I hope to see The Last Guardian, Sony Bends game, Media Molecules new IP and Persona 5 release date/window in Europe.

Going even more ridiculous - Sony show off this new Vita Trademark!

And even crazier... just to really get things interesting... Shenmue HD collection. :)

I'll probably watch a lot of the conferences too but the other ones that really interest me are Bethesda and Nintendo. Bethesda because of Fallout and Dishonored.. and Nintendo because I really liked last years Direct.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Also a while ago wasn't there a game called Project Beast or something along the lines of that ?

That was Bloodborne.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

[Obligatory Shenmue 3 prediction]

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Hoping to see some Scalebound.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Namco to finally tease some next-gen Soulcalibur or Tekken X Street Fighter.
    Namco is busy with Tekken7

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

Does anyone think we'll ever see AG3NT from Rockstar Games now that GTA5 is done and dusted? Or is that project gone forever..... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭Penn

"...and if you pre-order now, you'll get..."

Repeated ad nauseam.

Gabe Newell will materialize out of nowhere, Star Trek style with the sound effects and everything, to announce the Magenta Box, which has Half Life 3, Portal 3, Team Fortress 3, the meaning of life, and the holy grail. Fanboys explode and the internet shuts down for 24 hours with the sheer amount of pressure.

We revert back to a more primitive life where we become hunter gatherers, but we suck at it and die.

F*cking Gabe Newell.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Fallout 4 hopefully

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

XVII wrote: »
    Namco is busy with Tekken7

Considering how the development of it can probably be done by 10 people... :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Notorious97

Fallout 4 hopefully

Il crack up if they don't announce this!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Il crack up if they don't announce this!

Same here, hopefully Bethesda are making it and not that zenimax crowd.

Also I would like to see maybe dragons dogma 2 announced or that dragons dogma online is coming to the west or dragons dogma remastered for next gen :pac: also would love some new news on deep down.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,583 ✭✭✭Mal-Adjusted

announcements for the following

Shenmue HD collection followed by Shenmue 3
    Jet Set Radio 3
    Rockstar presents Red Dead Revolution
    Spec ops the Line 2: escape from Arkham

then i'd wake up.

announcements for the following

Shenmue HD collection followed by Shenmue 3
    Jet Set Radio 3
    Rockstar presents Red Dead Revolution
    Spec ops the Line 2: escape from Arkham

then i'd wake up.

All joking aside, I genuinely hope they never make a sequel to Spec Ops: The Line. It was an incredible story that shouldn't be revisited.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Is it too early to predict that Nintendo will once again kick 7 shades of s**t out of all the other developers presentations in about half the time :)

Yup.

Nintendo had the best conference of the lot from last year but I wouldn't say it was miles better than the rest.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

tok9 wrote: »
    Yup.

Nintendo had the best conference of the lot from last year but I wouldn't say it was miles better than the rest.

It was refreshing to just get the (i think) 40 minutes or so of info which was gameplay footage for the most part.

I guess funnily enough though a lot of the big games (Splatoon, Zelda and Yoshi) are still not out though so in hindsight it was a bit lean.

But these flipping cutscene only demos and scripted play throughs are getting to be pretty hard to stomach. A lot of times they people they have hosting it are so..... cringe

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Cormac... wrote: »
    It was refreshing to just get the (i think) 40 minutes or so of info which was gameplay footage for the most part.

I guess funnily enough though a lot of the big games (Splatoon, Zelda and Yoshi) are still not out though so in hindsight it was a bit lean.

But these flipping cutscene only demos and scripted play throughs are getting to be pretty hard to stomach. A lot of times they people they have hosting it are so..... cringe

TBH, i'd be happy for a 3 minute youtube video from each of the main manufacturers, giving a montage of whats coming out and when. The waffling presentations are so stilted, its painful. I know a lot of it is because they're not natural showmen or presenters, so you'd have to wonder why do they even bother.

Surely it just depends what you're interested in. I generally really like watching conferences. It's just something I like.

But if you don't then that's not going to change this year.

Just watch the round up after. All the main sites get the videos anyway so you can just watch what you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

TBH, i'd be happy for a 3 minute youtube video from each of the main manufacturers, giving a montage of whats coming out and when. The waffling presentations are so stilted, its painful. I know a lot of it is because they're not natural showmen or presenters, so you'd have to wonder why do they even bother.

Because it's a trade show first and foremost so it's all sales pitches and figures. It's just that in the past 10 or more years it's becoming a more gamer and mainstream event. Events like Gamescon are short and to the point as they are not sales pitches and are all about the games.

• Advertisement

Square Enix have announced a conference now too for the Tuesday. 5:00 pm 16th June.

Advertisement