Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Todd Howard is simply brilliant at demoing a game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 937 ✭✭✭Dair76

Good luck to everyone else who has to follow that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Was up playing Lego Legends and watched the Bethesda stream. Holy ****. Todd Howard is a genius and knows how to give the fans what they want. Look how good Fallout 4 is! Heres an APP game without microtransaction bull****! Oh and Fallout 4 is out in 4 months

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Was up playing Lego Legends and watched the Bethesda stream. Holy ****. Todd Howard is a genius and knows how to give the fans what they want. Look how good Fallout 4 is! Heres an APP game without microtransaction bull****! Oh and Fallout 4 is out in 4 months

He could set fire to a puppy and people would still be cheering him after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Todd Howard is my new hero! :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Well, goodnight lads. I'm going to have dreams about Todd Howard.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    Also looks like Dishonored is some way off, fall 2016 at the earliest I'd say. Cool trailer for it.

I'd say that's why they are releasing a remastered version in the mean time to cover the wait.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The FF7 remake rumours are starting again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The FF7 remake rumours are starting again.

Unless square enix are almost bankrupt it wont happen.

Also as disappointed as I was witht he fallout reveal trailer...I'll be having a pipboy

IS there a thread for just news and no discussion ? Badly needed I think.

Just finished watching the Dishonoured trailer :eek:

1st one getting a next gen release as expected.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,785 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

IS there a thread for just news and no discussion ? Badly needed I think.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057446753

Yeah, I find that every year, I wake up and have to go through 20-30 pages of comments looking for the E3 vids and actual news. Sure, could get that somewhere else but handy having a link on here.

Is the Dishonoured 2 trailer voiced by Edward Norton?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

I've honestly never been a huge fan of the Fallout games but 4 looks absolutely incredible.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Never was a fan of the doom games but doom 4 looks really cool.

That's what I'm confused about - Is it Doom 4 or a remake of the original game?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

The voice for the main character in Fallout 4 is annoying me. I know that voice from somewhere and Bethesda have the budget to hire big actors to do voice overs... Anybody have an idea on who it is?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

seen it floating about it could be troy baker, booker dewitt from bioshock and joel from the last of us

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I've merged the speculation thread. No need for it now that it's happening.

Falthyron wrote: »
    Bethesda have the budget to hire big actors to do voice overs

From past experience with their games Bethesda have the budget to hire 3 actors per game.

From past experience with their games Bethesda have the budget to hire 3 actors per game.

And sometimes those voice actors change mid-conversation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

tok9 wrote: »
    Really handy chart for all the conference times.

y6ugJ3E.png
    Microsoft on Monday at 5:30pm
    EA on Monday at 9pm.
    Ubi on Monday at 11pm.
    Sony on Tuesday at 2am.

Just a reminder of whats to come this evening (and into the early hours of tomorrow morning)

Doom looks ****ing savage

Update: Good Article on the features known so far

http://ie.ign.com/wikis/doom-4

• Registered Users Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Just checked the doom footage on YouTube after reading this.

Yup, looks amazing!

That's what I'm confused about - Is it Doom 4 or a remake of the original game?

Who could tell the difference to be honest :pac:

It's not exactly steeped in lore, you're a marine on Mars and there's demons you need to mess up with guns.

I concur though that it looks insane, Doom 3 was actually quiet a hard one to play for long periods cause It would really get your heart racing.

This looks like my kind of game:
    Fast-paced combat is making a return from older Doom titles, with a focus on run and gun style play versus taking cover. Sprinting, double-jumping, and mantling are all possible.

No more chest high walls :D

I like the animations such, I know they'll probably get boring, but feck it, they look cool and add to the fun.

Was there a release window given? EDIT: Spring 2016

Cormac... wrote: »
    Who could tell the difference to be honest :pac:

It's not exactly steeped in lore, you're a marine on Mars and there's demons you need to mess up with guns.

I concur though that it looks insane, Doom 3 was actually quiet a hard one to play for long periods cause It would really get your heart racing.

This looks like my kind of game:

No more chest high walls :D

I like the animations such, I know they'll probably get boring, but feck it, they look cool and add to the fun.

Was there a release window given? EDIT: Spring 2016

The main reason I ask is because if it were Doom 4, then surely it would have mentioned it somewhere? I mean, Doom 3 was called Doom 3. But in all the stuff I've seen about it so far, it's just being called Doom, so that's why I'm wondering if it is a remake/remaster of the original?

The main reason I ask is because if it were Doom 4, then surely it would have mentioned it somewhere? I mean, Doom 3 was called Doom 3. But in all the stuff I've seen about it so far, it's just being called Doom, so that's why I'm wondering if it is a remake/remaster of the original?

I guess it's like when a band do a 4th Album and just have it be self titled. It's soooooooo in right now. Alse there's probably an element of not wanting it acossiated with anything to do with the previous Doom 4 development (and it's relevant delays, missteps and anti-hype). Wipe the slate clean

I'd say it's just a retelling of the original Doom story the same way Doom 3 was and they are relaunching the brand by just calling it plain old Doom. Nothing wrong with that sure half the Castlevanias are a retelling of the first game's story.

If it ain't broke, don't get EA/Ubisoft Involved fix it.

Battlecry looks..... meh

Is Earthbound Beginnings just a port for Wii U of the New original?

I'd say it's just a retelling of the original Doom story the same way Doom 3 was and they are relaunching the brand by just calling it plain old Doom. Nothing wrong with that sure half the Castlevanias are a retelling of the first game's story.

Oh no, absolutely nothing wrong with it. I mean, I would love to see a completely new retelling of the original game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

dunno if I fancy the look of doom much, a renter I reckon.

Advertisement