Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I predict multi million euro companies will present glorified marketing slideshows for a number of upcoming products. They will be presented by parades of corporate shills; developers who would rather be someplace, any place else; developers who are enjoying it but incredibly nervous; and a random assortment of individuals who were last down with the kids circa the Do the Bartman era.

And the Internet will lap it up nonetheless, although many viewers will simply be watching in the hopes of witnessing the birth of a meme, which will have worn out its welcome within minutes of having taken place. It will also dawn on many that the conferences are not worth watching as anything worthwhile will be available online within seconds, without the mountains of insufferable corporate crap surrounding it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 47 PedroBear

I predict multi million euro companies will present glorified marketing slideshows for a number of upcoming products. They will be presented by parades of corporate shills; developers who would rather be someplace, any place else; developers who are enjoying it but incredibly nervous; and a random assortment of individuals who were last down with the kids circa the Do the Bartman era.

And the Internet will lap it up nonetheless, although many viewers will simply be watching in the hopes of witnessing the birth of a meme, which will have worn out its welcome within minutes of having taken place. It will also dawn on many that the conferences are not worth watching as anything worthwhile will be available online within seconds, without the mountains of insufferable corporate crap surrounding it.

My body is ready.

• Registered Users Posts: 338 ✭✭XVII

I've only now started to realize how skeptical about E3 we all are. After tons of "E3 builds vs final version" videos, memes and all other things, it has come to a point of total mistrust. It's almost a well-known fact, that E3 is just a circus of spectacular attractions with no content whatsoever. How ridiculous is that.

XVII wrote: »
    I've only now started to realize how skeptical about E3 we all are. After tons of "E3 builds vs final version" videos, memes and all other things, it has come to a point of total mistrust. It's almost a well-known fact, that E3 is just a circus of spectacular attractions with no content whatsoever. How ridiculous is that.

The last two years have kicked the shiite out of a lot of people to be honest...

There's just constant disappointments abound. Watch_Dogs was a marketing nightmare. Assassin's Creed: Unity had no business being released good, bad nor in different - it wasn't finished. DICE could write a book on how not to launch a game with Battlefield 4. Evolve shiit the bed by promoting micro-transactions and DLC before the consumer even got a whiff of actual gameplay. It just goes on and on.....

No wonder people are skeptical of this industry and it's shady dealings....

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

When people stop pre ordering games for day one DLC and stop buying overpriced DLC it will change. Gamers kicked up a stink about MS's Xbone ideas and they had to back track on all of them. Gamers just need to start voting with their wallets and the industry will follow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

Not to mention developers who would much rather be working on their actual games rather than scrambling to produce or present the much maligned "E3 demo" that publishers often foist on their already packed schedules.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

PedroBear wrote: »
    There's just constant disappointments abound. Watch_Dogs was a marketing nightmare. Assassin's Creed: Unity had no business being released good, bad nor in different - it wasn't finished. DICE could write a book on how not to launch a game with Battlefield 4. Evolve shiit the bed by promoting micro-transactions and DLC before the consumer even got a whiff of actual gameplay. It just goes on and on.....

The only one of those that you could really attribute to E3 is Watch_Dogs. The rest is just general game news.

Also I'm not really sure what the complaint is here. Shouldn't you be sceptical of pretty much anything until you get reviews etc, not just games. No company in the world is going to intentionally go out and show their product in a bad light.

Like everything.. take what you see with a pinch of salt.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,408 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

I predict a new Jet set Willy game

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Can't forget the ultimate fashion faux-pas:

Shirts with no tie, blazers & blue jeans.

tNJHTNA.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Can't forget the ultimate fashion faux-pas:

Shirts with no tie, blazers & blue jeans.

tNJHTNA.jpg

I dunno, dont ever forget "the allard"

hoodie under a blazer

J+Allard+Xbox+E3+Kickoff+Celebration+Y6E1nKuyB2Ml.jpg

• Advertisement

I dunno, dont ever forget "the allard"

hoodie under a blazer

J+Allard+Xbox+E3+Kickoff+Celebration+Y6E1nKuyB2Ml.jpg

That looks better tbh

It's slob wear and at the last minute he realises he's presenting to a couple thousand viewers.

As opposed to guys trying REALLY HARD to look professional-yet-casual.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,405 ✭✭✭gizmo

I wonder what indie t-shirt will Phil Spencer be wearing at the MS keynote?

He did wear a Limbo one last year but he might go for an Inside one this year since it's one of their few exclusive indies. Could be a Capybara one either since Below is probably due a release date this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Fallout 4 with a Holiday 2015 release date.

Everything else is superfluous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

gizmo wrote: »
    I wonder what indie t-shirt will Phil Spencer be wearing at the MS keynote?

He did wear a Limbo one last year but he might go for an Inside one this year since it's one of their few exclusive indies. Could be a Capybara one either since Below is probably due a release date this year.

It will just be Lara Croft's face, with the words 'SUCK IT!' written underneath.

Otacon wrote: »
    It will just be Lara Croft's face, with the words 'SUCK IT!' written underneath.

It's just a timed exclusive.

Also... might wanna rethink a Lara + "SUCK IT" shirt... :P

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    It's just a timed exclusive.

Don't think that has been confirmed yet officially.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Don't think that has been confirmed yet officially.

Microsoft confirms Rise of the Tomb Raider Xbox exclusivity deal "has a duration"

I'll eat my head if it's not on PS4 at some point.

Mafia III incoming....

Rick Pasqualone, voice actor for the series, said news is coming soon.... :D

E3 reveal?

Keno wrote: »

Even though I have both consoles I will be holding out for the PS4 version myself.

If it remained a Xbox exclusive I just wouldn't buy the game as a big f u right back to SE and make them learn that way. It will only hurt their sales in the long run.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Well_H0ly_God

For the first time ever PC will have a conferance of it's own at this years E3.

It's being put on by PC Gamer, hosted by Day9 and sponsored by AMD.

Dead Hall will be there as well as Behemia to show off DayZ.
    Tripwire will be promoting Killing Floor 2.
    Magika 2 by Paradox Interactive.
    Square Enix - Just Cause 3.
    Heart Machine - Hyper Light Drifter.
    Humble Bundle will have something....
    Devolver (Hotline Miami) have something in the works....
    Cloud Imperium are demonstrating Star Citizen.
    Blizzard are doing something on Overwatch.
    Project BlueStreak is being shown off by CB.

No Valve yet but fingers crossed. Nvidia won't be there because the event is sponsored by AMD.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'm just crossing my fingers for some Gran Turismo news.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Dean hall has started his own company now, no longer working for them or on dayz.

There's a load of first party studios who've not been attached to anything for the last few years, probably a lot of announcements about what they've been up to.

I'm just crossing my fingers for some Gran Turismo news.

I don't think we'll see Gran Turismo 7 this year - we would of probably heard something by now if we were.

Other than that though Sony's show looks packed:

01. Uncharted 4/Uncharted Collection - Naughty Dog
    02. Horizon RPG - Guerilla Games (concept art looks incredible).
    03. Syphon Filter - Bend Studios (again, concept art of Somali pirates boarding a tanker looks great).
    04. God of War reboot and Everybody's Gone To The Rapture - Santa Monica SCE
    05. No Man's Sky/Rime/Abzu/Tomorrow Children/Witness/Trine 3/Volume/SOMA - Various Indie montages.
    06. Project Morpheus demonstration with launch games The Deep, EVE: Valkyrie, London Heist, Bedroom Robots, The Assembly, Jurassic Encounter, Street Luge, Toybox.
    07. Bloodborne, Order: 1886 and Destiny DLC
    08. Gravity Rush 2 - Japan SCE
    09. Ratchet & Clank reboot - Insomniac Games
    10. Agent - Rockstar Games (Reddit can dream....)
    11. Star Wars: Battlefront - Dice
    12. Call of Duty: Black Ops 3 - Treyarch
    13. The Last Guardian - Ico Studios
    14. Persona 5 - Atlus Games
    15. Final Fantasy XV & Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Square Enix
    16. Tearaway: Unfolded - Media Molecule

Microsoft won't get close to this again this year IMO.

Who is getting Black Ops 3 to gate crash their show, Sony or MS?

Why are Square Enix showing their two top games at Sony's show when they have they own slot all to themselves.

MS are going all Halo 5, Forza 6 and the new Gears as their heavy hitters this year.

Ubi will throw in Watch Dogs 2 and the usuals they always have for the past few years.

Who is getting Black Ops 3 to gate crash their show, Sony or MS?

Why are Square Enix showing their two top games at Sony's show when they have they own slot all to themselves.

MS are going all Halo 5, Forza 6 and the new Gears as their heavy hitters this year.

Ubi will throw in Watch Dogs 2 and the usuals they always have for the past few years.

All indicators point to Sony securing the BLOPS3 marketing deal. By all accounts Battlefront is already in the bag. Microsoft will have a sports segment as they always do even though EA will promote these themselves. Dev's use the hardware shows for marketing before showing gameplay at their own so we'll most likely see something from SE at Sony before diving a little deeper into Deus Ex, FFXV, Tomb Raider, Hitman 6 & Kingdom Hearts at their own conference.

Not interested in anything from Ubishiit. Usually their games are only playable six months after release. Gears 4 won't be a 2015 title. Halo 5 and Forza 6 won't be enough for Microsoft IMHO. They'll need to bring along the Halolense and I can't see that being ready in time for a full demonstration.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

I'd be extremely surprised if COD went with Playstation. The eSports side of things has always been done on Xbox. The pro players are there. Switching consoles, I could see a big backlash from that community.

I'm looking forward to MS's push on exclusives. I'm hoping for more from Games with Gold, maybe an extra game each month.

Sony wise, more Vita things please :)

New Tony Hawk game too, can't wait to see that and of course because everything happens at once a new Skate will be announced aswell.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

My MS conference predictions, starting going from obviously down to more maybe;

Halo 5
    Forza 6
    Black Tusks Gears game
    Crackdown 2
    Battletoads
    Fable Legends
    Cuphead (perhaps along with a few other ID@Xbox games)
    Tomb Raider
    Killer Instinct Season 3
    Scalebound
    Quantum Break with an announcement of Alan Wake remastered
    Titanfall 2 (Some timed exclusive nonsense, they'll throw MS a bone for publishing the first)
    Rock Band 4 (Purely because Beatles Rock Band was a presence in a previous year)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,031 ✭✭✭Cravez

Same here, hopefully Bethesda are making it and not that zenimax crowd.

Zenimax own Bethesda (Bethesda are one of their subsidiary companies) so they are involved either way.

I'd put it like this, if you enjoyed the previous Fallout games then I'm sure Fallout 4 will go the same way.

rizzla wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 (Some timed exclusive nonsense, they'll throw MS a bone for publishing the first)

Not a hope of that happening. A recent interview with Respawn indicated that they have and are regretting their decision to go exclusive with MS for the first game but needed it for funding at the time.

The T2 will be a straight multiplat for sales reasons. They won't miss out on the PS4 install base again. I'd like to see how they expand on the concept of the game and it's not just more of the same wit new maps.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Not a hope of that happening. A recent interview with Respawn indicated that they have and are regretting their decision to go exclusive with MS for the first game but needed it for funding at the time.

The T2 will be a straight multiplat for sales reasons. They won't miss out on the PS4 install base again. I'd like to see how they expand on the concept of the game and it's not just more of the same wit new maps.

More titans. They are the meat and drink of the game...so new titans and new abilities for said titans. I wouldn't be surprised to see a flying Titan either.

Advertisement