Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

...but one more thing... In 5, 4, 3, 2

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Shiminay wrote: »
    Gears looks awful. Really awful.

The yanks lap it up in fairness "brah"....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Your "Rare" T-shirt looks bad and you should feel bad!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

But where is the spawts spawts tv tv spawts?

Only games? WTF is this? :P

Still nothing really to make me want to buy a Xbox One this year ..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Is Rise of The Tomb Raider only coming out on Xbox?

It is meant to be a timed exclusive, Phil Spencer said it was timed, but it is a real grey area now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Good conference from Microsoft. Although, the biggest thing that caught my eye is playing 360 games on it.

I have a feeling Sony is going to shit the bed.

Arrogance is their biggest threat at this stage.
    Keno wrote: »
    Phil Spencer is going to reveal that t-shirt he is hiding!

Something is on it.

#Conspiracy

Rare!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

What's the point in not showing these "surprises" on an Xbox Daily show if they're trying to lure people to buy their product?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

Is Rise of The Tomb Raider only coming out on Xbox?

We arent sure if its an actual exclusive or just a timed exclusive. Nobody will give a straight answer tbh.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Dear god the Microsoft conferences are so fake. It's the thing that really detracts from them. They even managed to make Todd Howard uninteresting.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,101 ✭✭✭brianblaze

brianblaze wrote: »
    ...but one more thing... In 5, 4, 3, 2

Why you break my heart Phil....

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Thought that was a really strong showing from Microsoft. Best E3 from them in a long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Should have put on some Oakleys, jumped into the car through the window, blared some metal and driven the car out of the arena through a wall.

Does ANYONE actually coach these people as to how to hold a bloody presentation.

It's such basic stuff!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,241 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Interesting to see Microsoft and Valve working together. Can't wait to get more details on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Have to say fair play to MS. Very Good show. And they have finally ditched Kinect and jumped on the VR band wagon, by using some one elses tech design so they won't lose out again like they did on trying to push Kinect twice.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Conference started very well but lulled in the middle.

There's still enough there to peak my interest but I don't feel like I need to rush out and get myself an Xbox One right away.

I certainly think they're learning from their mistakes and as a consumer, it's only a good thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

7 hours now till Sony's, then Nintendo and SE tomorrow starting from 17.00, Nintendo had the best conference last year, wonder who it will be this year.

So CoD will be with Sony this year?

Crazy.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

Decent show from MS, I continue to be impressed with their ID@Xbox indie scene. Halo, Forza, Gears - more of the same - boring. Tomb Raider - meh, played the last one, was grand, it's probably a Steam sale Winter 2016 purchase for me at this stage. For some reason they are releasing it the same day as Fallout 4 which I'm sure someone in the Squenix Marketing team is getting a kicking over :D

"If you've been waiting to move from your XBox 360, now's the time" said Phil Spencer - translation "WE ARE DESPERATE FOR YOU TO BUY THIS HARDWARE, PLEEEEEEASE!" Backwards compatibility is welcome, but should have always been there to encourage people to transition much more early.

As I said, decent showing from MS overall though, wasn't a patch on Bethesda's, but it's definitely putting it to Sony to come up with something interesting.

Keno wrote: »
    So CoD will be with Sony this year?

Crazy.

Hard to say. CoD isn't the big draw it was once and probably isn't worth putting up on stage now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Ashen and Sea of Thieves looked cool.

What they showed from hololens was really cool but until I hear some reports from people who I trust I won't believe it.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Xenji wrote: »
    7 hours now till Sony's, then Nintendo and SE tomorrow starting from 17.00, Nintendo had the best conference last year, wonder who it will be this year.

I'd put money on Sony being very disappointing and Nintendo running away with it again. The only thing is though that everything Nintendo show will be all that it coming to WiiU while Sony has third party stuff as well. Except for the Vita, expect that not even to be mentioned.

Xenji wrote: »

You have EA on at 9pm, Ubi at 11pm and Sony on at 2am. EA should be good with Star Wars Battlefront and Mirror's Edge reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sony are really going to have a tough job competing with the Xbox conference.

Good point in the after show when it was mentioned that there was no Call of Duty shown. A real Xbox focus on exclusives.

My guess is that Sony will just play the multiplatform card.

Hard to say. CoD isn't the big draw it was once and probably isn't worth putting up on stage now.

I jumped off the ship years ago but it's still massive. Especially the Black Ops games. The last one sold over 24m copies.

It'll be really weird if it teams with Sony. It has such a strong Xbox connection in my head.

Got a message on live there with a code and download link for Gears Beta , didn't take them long.

Sony will have Project Morpheus for their VR show.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

I've a feeling Sony's will be drawn out and boring. Even if they have some good stuff, they needlessly drag sh1t out a lot of the time

Looks like Kinect is stone dead now anyway. Glad I traded mine in at CEX.

• Advertisement

Suprised MS didn't show off the new controller redesign and new console SKU with the 1TB HDD.

Advertisement