Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Sony are in trouble this year with regards to 'AAA' exclusives. They're going to continue with combining with third party games and marketing them as if they were a Sony game. Similar to what they did with Destiny.

I fear for their conference later.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

ERG89 wrote: »
    No chance of LOU2. Naughty Dog are making Uncharted 4. I hope Sony have a few good surprises.
    Backwards compatibility was a great move for MS imo

Naughty dog have two teams. They were making Last of us during the development of Uncharted 3.......and working on 4 while making Last of us.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Kirby wrote: »
    Even if every single one of those happened, the only one of those that the public care about is red dead. The rest is niche market stuff.

FF 7 sold over 10 million copies, far from niche, the others I agree with.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

To get a beta code for Gears of War you have to register for it at http://www.gearsofwar.com

codes sent out within 24 hours. Some have gotten them already.

Xenji wrote: »
    FF 7 sold over 10 million copies, far from niche, the others I agree with.

The people who bought ff7 on ps1 are in their thirties and fourties now. It was a long time ago. FF7 remake will not reach anywhere near those numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

If Sony give me Rime and The Witness in the next few months (before October Sony) along with some bit of info on The Last Guardian I'll be happy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Naughty dog have two teams. They were making Last of us during the development of Uncharted 3.......and working on 4 while making Last of us.

They won't announce it until uncharted 4 is released. I'd imagine it'd only hurt their sales if they did

Even if every single one of those happened, the only one of those that the public care about is red dead. The rest is niche market stuff.

But since when do we care about the mass market? That's Sonys job. I'm a lot happier with the niche market.

_Redzer_ wrote: »
    They won't announce it until uncharted 4 is released. I'd imagine it'd only hurt their sales if they did

Yeah but I want it! :P
    tok9 wrote: »
    But since when do we care about the mass market? That's Sonys job. I'm a lot happier with the niche market.

I was responding to Xenji's assertion that if those games happened, it would "overshadow" everything else at e3.....which is crazy. It would overshadow nothing because nobody will be talking about it. Nobody outside the gaming otaku will care. The mass market want black ops 3. Its being spammed all over social media, I'm sicking of looking at "Bo3 now plz!".

What's the next big presentation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

tok9 wrote: »
    If Sony give me Rime and The Witness in the next few months (before October Sony) along with some bit of info on The Last Guardian I'll be happy!

Rime looks like a special game. A real stand out amongst a sea of indie games.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

EA at 9pm

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

sZU3uTZ.png

The people who bought ff7 on ps1 are in their thirties and fourties now. It was a long time ago. FF7 remake will not reach anywhere near those numbers.

It would not reach those numbers, but even FF 13 sold over 5 million copies and FF fans know how highly regarded FF 7, you will have old and new fans buying, it could easily sell 2-3 millions copies.

It would overshadow stuff at E3 media wise, as the people you mentioned in their 30's and 40's are now reporting for gaming websites and would make it their banner headline and go into total fanboy mode as they played the original and know what it means to people of their generation.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Got my Gears of War code but can't redeem it yet. I'd say the servers are getting hammered.

I was responding to Xenji's assertion that if those games happened, it would "overshadow" everything else at e3.....which is crazy. It would overshadow nothing because nobody will be talking about it. Nobody outside the gaming otaku will care. The mass market want black ops 3. Its being spammed all over social media, I'm sicking of looking at "Bo3 now plz!".

Ya but E3 is a gaming show so of course it will be talked about significantly by the gaming community.

If not then all we'd be seeing at E3 is Fifa and COD on repeat in every conference. The games which the majority of us on this thread probably don't care about.

MS killing it this year...really upped there game.
    Sony under pressure for sure

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    MS killing it this year...really upped there game.
    Sony under pressure for sure
    I'd say there's more sweating in the Sony pre-show area than a Turkish bath :D

• Registered Users Posts: 8,369 ✭✭✭Rossi IRL

If sony dont beat that id be very dissapointed in sony.

Only thing that interested me was the hololens and the maybe the mods support for fallout .

Limited backwards compatibility , meh if i played the game 5 years ago , i dont want to play it now.

Games, had the usual halo and forza, but those new games i thought looked crap, that rare game im talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

just so i have this right
    people with xbox one's = loved the show so far

people with ps4's = not impressed

• Advertisement

Current list of backward compatible Xbox games, more to come of course.
    Available games

Banjo Kazooie: N n B

Banjo-Kazooie

Banjo-Tooie

BattleBlock Theater

Defense Grid

Geometry Wars Evolved

Hexic HD

Jetpac Refuelled

Kameo

Mass Effect

Perfect Dark

Perfect Dark Zero

Small Arms

Super Meat Boy

Toy Soldiers

Toy Soldiers: Cold War

Viva Piñata

Viva Piñata: TIP

peteeeed wrote: »
    just so i have this right
    people with xbox one's = loved the show so far

people with ps4's = not impressed
    Loved it. It ticked all the boxes and exceeded my expectations as an Xbox One owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

I loved it, thought it was very good after 4-5 poor E3s from MS on the trot.

This is from an X1, PS4 and WiiU owner.

I'd say there's more sweating in the Sony pre-show area than a Turkish bath :D

They've got to do something about the mental prices of Playstation Now at least with Microsoft offering backwards compatability. It could be such a success with a Netflix style subscription.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

That backwards compatibility list, a lot of Rare games on it. I wonder if they stumbled upon how to do it when working on the Rare collection.

Its very interesting reading what people are interested in, its very varied. For instance Holo lens I couldn't care about, when its in the wild and people I trust say its worth it, then I'll get it. Been burnt on peripherals by MS too many times. I always saw it as just some cool tech with very limited gaming scope.

They've got to do something about the mental prices of Playstation Now at least with Microsoft offering backwards compatability. It could be such a success with a Netflix style subscription.
    Agreed.

Make it a Netflix style sub and price it very well and it would be amazing. They have a few hours to think about something like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Games wise, not much there I'm excited about. Fallout 4 is the closest really, after that, it's meh.

That list is what's available now in the Preview Programma. They reckon there'll be 150 or so games in it when it's fully launched.

I think they showed some good stuff, looked like some really good games but the conference itself is a tough one to watch.

It's just the way they are all coached to talk. Like watching a marketing exhibition. As I already said, just check the difference in how Todd speaks between the Microsoft conference and the bethesda one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Agreed.

Make it a Netflix style sub and price it very well and it would be amazing. They have a few hours to thing about something like that.

Doubt they could make a big business decision and authorise it that fast at all.

People accused them of low balling the PS4 price to beat MS after they showed their hand first. Sony then claimed that they had the price of the PS4 set months before E3 2013 regardless of what MS priced the Xb1 at.

Advertisement