Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

peteeeed wrote: »
    just so i have this right
    people with xbox one's = loved the show so far
    people with ps4's = not impressed

Pretty much. I don't get the obsession with there having to be a "winner" other than people justifying their console purchase. As a gamer on all platforms, I win.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

PlayStation now, make it a sub and the ability to download the games. The whole idea of streaming the games does not appeal. Stream it to see if you like, then download. Actually that wouldn't be possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

Wasn't expecting much for Microsoft and they delivered. Only thing that really interested me was mods for Fallout and we'll have to wait and see how well that works.

Backwards compatibility is cool but really too late.

The holograph thing was of course amazing but I doubt it will ever actually be a working piece of kit for X1.

Love the animation of Cupheads but probably not the game play and a couple of the other indie games look promising.

And that is it.

I don't expect better from Sony but I just hope their first party titles hold more interest to me then Gears, Halo and (the once great) Fable.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

tok9 wrote: »
    It's just the way they are all coached to talk. Like watching a marketing exhibition. .

That's what E3 is, casual gamers just took it over.

So Happy with Gears 4, love that some developers are actuality starting to listen to the customers

Some examples so far;
    Bringing Gears back to its horror roots, brilliant
    Fallout 4 -Just Brilliant
    Doom - Oldschool bliss- Brilliant

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Pretty much. I don't get the obsession with there having to be a "winner" other than people justifying their console purchase. As a gamer on all platforms, I win.

Exactly , in fact if you have a console preference you should be harder on them to wow you, to keep your custom.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

That's what E3 is, casual gamers just took it over.

It's not. Check out the Bethesda conference.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

More and more websites now jumping on the FF7 Remake being announced tonight at Sony's conference as an exclusive, they all seem to be rehashing the original Siliconera article though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Missed the Xbox one.

Could someone give me a list of any new exclusive games they announced?

Don't care about backwards compatibility.

""On July 31, 2006, the ESA announced that the expo would be downsized and restructured due to the overwhelming demand from the exhibitors.[4] On October 13, 2006, the new format of the show was detailed. Although E3 was originally envisioned as an expo open only to game industry professionals, it had grown in recent years to include greater numbers of bloggers and attendees who were not perceived to be industry professionals.[5] Many of these persons were excluded from the revised event, as the ESA announced that the new E3 would be by invitation only.[6][7]

It was originally speculated that because of these changes, independent developers may have been excluded, and subsequently damaged, in preference for larger game companies. But the ESA ultimately provided invitations for independent developers with "The Indie Games Showcase" booth. This was made possible through industry supporters, IndieCade and the International Game Developers Association.[8]

The move was widely criticized by those both within and outside the gaming industry,[9] notably by SimCity and Spore creator, Will Wright;

"It almost feels like a zombie at this point; it's the walking dead. It's such an abrupt end to what was E3, which had been this huge escalating arms race....Right now we're in this kind of dicey, do we have an event, what event is it, which one do we go to? I think we're in an uncomfortable transition zone when really the real E3 died a couple of years ago."[10]

• Advertisement

RasTa wrote: »
    Missed the Xbox one.

Besides indie titles, Recore and Sea of Thieves.

It's all a sales pitch. It's Bethesda selling themselves on the world gaming market. They just made it "fun" and casual than the big corps do.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Xenji wrote: »
    More and more websites now jumping on the FF7 Remake being announced tonight at Sony's conference as an exclusive, they all seem to be rehashing the original Siliconera article though.

I'll eat my hat if that's actually announced

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Xenji wrote: »
    Besides indie titles, Recore and Sea of Thieves.

Meh to both of those trailers. I have a feeling this will be a bad year for original games.

Did they show any No Man's Sky stuff or is that a confirmed exclusive now?

Indeed, like I said earlier more of a chance that SE announce a remake of Tom Sawyer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

I too will grab a seat for this meal.

The only time it will ever happen is if the Final fantasy teams are told that they have once chance for a game to break multi platinum or them and their whole family line will be executed

Meh to both of those trailers. I have a feeling this will be a bad year for original games.

Did they show any No Man's Sky stuff or is that a confirmed exclusive now?

No and it would seem to be an exclusive still, it looks like it will be shown later tonight on Sony's presentation, they put up a whole host of new screenshots for the game today https://www.playstation.com/en-us/games/no-mans-sky-ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

It would be hilarious if they came out again with an FF7 logo behind him and talked like it really was a remake only to show the PC version again.

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Missed the Xbox one.

http://ie.ign.com/articles/2015/06/15/everything-announced-at-microsofts-e3-conference

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

With the reliability of my 360 model certainly a worry I would be delighted to pick up an Xbox One now to play my rather large physical game collection, but there would want to be a pretty damn high rate of compatibility to make it worth my while, and the Xbox to 360 effort was dreadful.
    I mean, I have a bunch of Cave shmups for the 360, Deathsmiles and the like, will they work?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Would people even really be that hyped by an updated FF7? I mean I love nostalgia as much as the next guy but there's enough FF fans out there as it is who don't even see it as the best one and who presumably wouldn't go mental over it nevermind getting new people into it.

Don't own an Xbox One or PS4 but the plan as it stands is to get a PS4 sometime near the end of Summer mainly to play Bloodborne. I spent last gen on the 360 but was a bit nonplussed by both current consoles and while that's still largely the case, the Xbox One has become a little more attractive on the back of today's news.

Also, am I the only one who thought the Gears 4 announcement was a bit meh? I mean maybe it was just the stream I watched it on but the game was so dark (presumably to try and create some sort of atmosphere) that it actually took away from what was going on and became a little hard to appreciate.

No way, starting with Mass Effect...

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mass Effect: Andromeda!

Eeek :D

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

This guy looks like he says "Top Bantz" a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Yay Mass Effect!

Boo Christmas 2016!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,084 ✭✭✭✭Kirby

N7...

Mako.......

nnnrrrgrgrghhhh . Nerdgasm. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

I'm hoping for a Mass Effect Trilogy bundle for current gen.

I hav yet to play 3.

• Administrators Posts: 53,709 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

What is it with EA and guys wearing suits.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,158 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Mirrors Edge later. Sweet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

3 new IPs!

Advertisement