Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Kirby wrote: »
    More titans. They are the meat and drink of the game...so new titans and new abilities.

They are going to need more than that. If that's all then add that as DLC to the current game.

They need more mission structure and variety. Bigger scale battles, destructive enviornments to an extent as pilots need core for wall running etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,597 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I'd love to buy Titanfall but there's no point for my 360 because of nothing for me to do, I just don't like online gaming :(

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 84 ✭✭Well_H0ly_God

Well we know Titanfall 2 is in the works - Jason West said as much.....

With that in mind you need to take a step back and recognise that Call of Duty, who seems to be going in a similar direction with Advanced Warfare and Black Ops3 at this point, what exactly you can bring to the table with an IP that is not as recognisable.

I think there's a few things they could do but as far as seeing anything Titanfall 2 related this year would be quite a stretch. I'd say it will debut at E3 2016 and my guess is that it will be at the Playstation4 conference.

01. Will release on XBO, PS4 and PC.
    02. Land to Space 32-player battles.
    03. In the mold of Transformers and Pacific Rim.
    04. A multiplayer campaign along the lines of Brink where winning a match actually determines the direction the story goes in. This is one of my issues with the original - regardless of whoever won the match, the story would continue on the the exact same line.
    05. The wildlife should play a greater part in battles - monster should burst into cities and then the game becomes a 3 way fight.
    06. Abandon the Source engine. I know it's easy to work with but Unreal 4 is out or even the incoming Source 2 are better options at this point.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,498 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

Hopefully Bethesda will announce Fallout 4 with some meaty details.

I reckon Valve will attend too and we could see some new details on Source 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,678 ✭✭✭TrustedApple

Read there on IGN that Watch Dogs 2 has been leaked and Ubisoft are working on it at the moment i wasn't wrong saying we where going to get something to do with Watch Dogs 2 this year i am expecting a lest a reveal video of some kind.

Now all we need is rare need game to leak and where good to go as nearly everything i said that will be showed at E3 has been leaked or showed all ready ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

There was nothing leaked, just an employee has it down on their linkedIn profile. But it's no surprise just like saying GT7 is in development or COD Advanced Warfare 2.

I wouldn't expect to see anything from WatchDogs 2 for another year. Pretty sure Ubisoft realised they burnt themselves a bit with the whole downgrade conversation.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully Bethesda will announce Fallout 4 with some meaty details.

and hopefully a 2016 release date.

Guerilla Games New IP "Horizon" look very interesting....

Sony are really pumping them out lately...

ww3 . sinaimg . cn / large / 60ade0f3jw1eke6m65xijj21kw148b29.jpg
    ww1 . sinaimg . cn / large / 60ade0f3jw1eke6cw8t7bj21kw0oaqrc.jpg

If anyone could embed these - that would be swell....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Guerilla Games New IP "Horizon" look very interesting....

Sony are really pumping them out lately...

ww3 . sinaimg . cn / large / 60ade0f3jw1eke6m65xijj21kw148b29.jpg
    ww1 . sinaimg . cn / large / 60ade0f3jw1eke6cw8t7bj21kw0oaqrc.jpg

If anyone could embed these - that would be swell....

Pumping what out? Announcements? I just made them a bit smaller so it fits better, looks very transformer-y, interesting though.

s7gJGXG.jpg?1

lBXX9qL.jpg?1

rizzla wrote: »
    Pumping what out? Announcements? I just made them a bit smaller so it fits better, looks very transformer-y, interesting though.

Bloodborne, The Last of Us, Uncharted 4 incoming, Bend Studio's Syphon Filter reboot incoming, The Last Guardian incoming, Everybody's Gone To The Rapture, God of War reboot incoming, whatever Media Molecule are working on, Gravity Rush 2 (announced at E3 I'd imagine), Gran Turismo 7 incoming and then this from Guerilla Games....

They're really pumping out the first party titles....

• Advertisement

Just pointing out a few things.

Syphon Filter is just a rumour.

I'd love it but most people point out that it's a series that never sold that well so expecting it to return is unlikely.

There is nothing new on Gravity Rush 2 and again expecting an announcement at E3 is a bit hopeful. More likely to be at TGS.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture isn't a first party title either.

Saying the likes of Gran Turismo 7/God of War are incoming is the same thing as saying Halo 6 or Mario Kart 9 are incoming. We know absolutely nothing about these titles but sure.. we know we'll get them eventually. There is literally no news on GT7 and the only news about GoW was a one liner from one of the main devs saying he shouldn't talk about it because it is so far away!

tok9 wrote: »
    Just pointing out a few things.

Syphon Filter is just a rumour.

I'd love it but most people point out that it's a series that never sold that well so expecting it to return is unlikely.

There is nothing new on Gravity Rush 2 and again expecting an announcement at E3 is a bit hopeful. More likely to be at TGS.

Everybody's Gone to the Rapture isn't a first party title either.

Saying the likes of Gran Turismo 7/God of War are incoming is the same thing as saying Halo 6 or Mario Kart 9 are incoming. We know absolutely nothing about these titles but sure.. we know we'll get them eventually. There is literally no news on GT7 and the only news about GoW was a one liner from one of the main devs saying he shouldn't talk about it because it is so far away!

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is being developed at Sony's Santa Monica CE - they are first party devs working under the Sony brand.

Let me be clear, I don't have a horse in this race as I don't own either console but as someone with a keen eye for everything business related and a love for this industry, it seems Sony are outfoxing Microsoft when it comes to producing good first party games.

And it's quite shocking how Microsoft have let themselves go so badly. I know Phil Spencer will do him damndest but it's going to be some fight to right the untold damage Don Mattrick left that company's console division in.

Horizon reminds of the cartoon DinoRiders from way back.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Didn't this used to be on in early May? I thought it was this week for some reason.

Everybody's Gone To The Rapture is being developed at Sony's Santa Monica CE - they are first party devs working under the Sony brand.

Chinese Room are developing it. Santa Monica are more so publishing I would say. It's similar to Bloodborne I guess although I would say Sony Japan helped an awful lot more.

Let me be clear, I don't have a horse in this race as I don't own either console but as someone with a keen eye for everything business related and a love for this industry, it seems Sony are outfoxing Microsoft when it comes to producing good first party games.

Ya that's fine, I'm more so trying to reel in your expectations. Some of your comments look more like facts than speculation.

Kiith wrote: »
    Didn't this used to be on in early May? I thought it was this week for some reason.

It's always been June.

Kiith wrote: »

MONDAY 15TH JUNE
    Bethesda - 3am GMT
    Electronic Arts - 9pm GMT

TUESDAY 16TH JUNE
    Square Enix - 5pm GMT
    Nintendo - 5pm GMT

WEDNESDAY 17TH JUNE
    PC Gamer - 1am GMT

Microsoft - TBA
    Sony - TBA
    Ubisoft - TBA

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

MONDAY 15TH JUNE
    Bethesda - 3am GMT
    Electronic Arts - 9pm GMT

TUESDAY 16TH JUNE
    Square Enix - 5pm GMT
    Nintendo - 5pm GMT

WEDNESDAY 17TH JUNE
    PC Gamer - 1am GMT

Microsoft - TBA
    Sony - TBA
    Ubisoft - TBA

Don't microsoft usually take the first spot on the first morning at E3? -

Don't microsoft usually take the first spot on the first morning at E3? -

Traditionally yeah but this year is a bit different. Everyone and their mother is having a conference so it looks like Bethesda is going first.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully a release date for No man's land.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Usually Microsoft is 5pm our time on Monday, Ubi at 7, EA at 9 and Sony at 2am, if I remember correctly.

Square Enix on at the same time as Nintendo is strange though.

EA to announce TimeSplitters 4? :)

• Advertisement

Also Nintendo haven't announced when they'll have their direct.

Square Enix took the timeslot that Nintendo usually take.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,070 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Since that's usually Nintendo's timeslot, I wonder if this is organisers being mad at Nintendo for not having a conference.

Well Square Enix picked the time so I don't think so.

E3 is a business event so I doubt they would be that petty about it. A lot of business is done privately there.

Hopefully a release date for No man's land.

Hopefully it's finished for release and not a tech demo full of empty dreams and promises.

Hopefully it's finished for release and not a tech demo full of empty dreams and promises.

Yes......like a certain Ubisoft game ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

My (realistic) predictions

Uncharted remastered collection
    Gears of war remastered
    Kingdom hearts remastered
    News on the FF7 PS4 port
    Lots of DLC stuff, specifically relating to batman, destiny, and bloodborne.
    Demo of starfox with a release date.
    Some sort of pokemon game, or something to see the 3DS into 2016.
    News on tearaway, until dawn, god of war, and ratchet and clank.
    Halo 5 on stage demo.
    Fallout 4
    Mirrors edge 2 trailer.

cloud493 wrote: »
    My (realistic) predictions

Mirrors edge 2 trailer.

Gameplay footage more like. EA have announced it's due next year. I fear so much for this game and want it at the same time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

F2P mirrors edge 2 confirmed :pac:

Slim Xbox One SKU refresh. Think that one is firmly on the cards. MS will pump up Windows 10 support features into the X1 helping 2 birds with 1 stone.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,172 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Gameplay footage more like. EA have announced it's due next year. I fear so much for this game and want it at the same time.

I dunno why, but i'm actually pretty confident EA won't **** it up. I think they'll resist the urge to just add a ton of guns, and keep it almost totally focussed on the free running. Confident about EA...what the hell is going on :pac:

Fallout 4 is the big one for me. Anything else would be a bonus.

Also, it's fantastic to see a PC conference.

Advertisement