Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

So a little bit of news about and I assume related to E3.

Nintendo are announcing what they are doing at E3 tomorrow

https://twitter.com/NintendoAmerica/status/598140642867466240

Also got some AC news today, preparing for E3 I imagine and sticking with Ubisoft it looks (unsurprisingly) that The Division is coming out in early 2016 going by their results slide.

division_zpshsv9j4xx.png

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Hooray!
    Another half finished Ubisoft game!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,101 ✭✭✭MitchKoobski

I imagine the PS4 port of Final Fantasy VII will be released during the Square Enix or Sony conference, similar to how they announced and released the P.T. demo. They tend to do something like "and its available....right now!" every year.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I imagine the PS4 port of Final Fantasy VII will be released during the Square Enix or Sony conference, similar to how they announced and released the P.T. demo. They tend to do something like "and its available....right now!" every year.

I dunno, that FFVII reveal for the PS4 was such a disaster I doubt they'll want to reference it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I dunno, that FFVII reveal for the PS4 was such a disaster I doubt they'll want to reference it again.

Square enix love trolling though. They're practically oblivious to this ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,204 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Half Life Threeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Seriously though, I hope Fallout 4 is announced. I won't be watching anyway because it's always 90% bullsh!t and 10% useful information. I'll just the summaries on youtube after.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Nintendo's the only one I'm interested in watching live(or as it broadcasts since prerecorded. You know what I mean). I half watch the others or read summaries to see if anything of interest

• Registered Users Posts: 18,705 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Capcom better announce something for Dragon's Dogma Online.

Ubisoft will host its E3 2015 media briefing on Monday, June 15 at the Orpheum Theatre in Los Angeles at 3:00 p.m. PDT / 6:00 p.m. EDT, the company announced.

Usual slot.

And Nintendo have their usual spot so that'll clash with Square.

Going by how they announced it, I'd be expecting the tone to be pretty similar with last years direct.

• Advertisement

Never change Nintendo <3

• Registered Users Posts: 12,534 ✭✭✭✭Varik

tok9 wrote: »
    I think we'll be more likely to get a Release window instead of a concrete date.

Probably but they aren't know for showing a game early and at multiple E3s.

if it's shown then we'll get it before next years E3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Capcom better announce something for Dragon's Dogma Online.

Please god yes

• Registered Users Posts: 11,189 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

I know people like to moan about sequels to games. But I personally love sequels because you enjoyed the original product and you want to play more of that.

So I hope e3 2015 is full of sequels :p and there are quite a few confirmed/unconfirmed games out there. Roll on Doom 4 ;)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,583 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

cloud493 wrote: »
    Never change Nintendo <3

Oh come on!
    I mean, really!

Do you really, really want to end up playing Twilight Princess on a New 3DS?
    Honestly?

Yes, yes I do, so so much..... never ever change Nintendo, I love you more than that cloud439....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

Funny stuff from Nintendo. While watching I was thinking would they show the 'Virtual Boy' and then BAM!

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Oh come on!
    I mean, really!

Do you really, really want to end up playing Twilight Princess on a New 3DS?
    Honestly?

Yes, yes I do, so so much..... never ever change Nintendo, I love you more than that cloud439....

We both love nintendo and we both know it :pac:

Keno wrote: »
    Funny stuff from Nintendo. While watching I was thinking would they show the 'Virtual Boy' and then BAM!

What now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    What now?

During the training montage when Reggie is using various Nintendo products as props I was wondering would they show the Virtual Boy.

I was surprised they did.

Just makes me want to hug my Virtual Boy more....

• Advertisement

Footage from the gears of war remaster has leaked, so thats a dead cert to show up as well.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I just want some more games to actually get me excited about the PS4. Lots more exclusives since I have a PC for multiplatform. Really other than Bloodbourne the PS4 has had nothing to interest me. It's around this time in a consoles life that the really good stuff starts to arrive so fingers crossed.

Nintendo will have a great show as usual just hope they have a few surprises since I feel a lot of what they might show is a known quantity.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,016 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Was just thinking, after last year's E3, I saw some people saying Sony and MS may copy Nintendo's treehouse style. But was just wondering what could they do for it? Not meant as a dig at those companies, but seemed the main thing for Nintendo's was just having fun playing the games like Mario Maker and Yoshi. Can't really see that with games like Uncharted or Assassin's Creed without it just becoming another developer walkthrough. Maybe if MS revealed a new Banjo Kazooie or Battletoads

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,251 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Hopefully we'll see a release date for persona 5 and release for the xeno game over here

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,218 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Doubt we'll see a Persona 5 release date since it still hasn't got a japanese one and will most likely be announced at TGS (my bets is it will be a Golden Week release for P5 so it's still a year and a half off of an english release).

Xenoblade is definitely getting a release date at E3, it's just been released in Japan.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I dunno, I reckon Atlus will be pushing for a very close international - or at least US - launch given the interest in Persona 5. Obviously it's a bigger translation job than the Arena games which were released at the same time as in Japan (although they were very text heavy), but I'd be surprised if there was any more than a few months between it's Japanese and US / EU release - and honestly think they'll be pushing for as close to simultaneous as possible. All just depends whether the developers will get the game out in 2015 or not.

Maybe persona 5 will be a world wide release? Highly unlikely though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,382 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The Arena games pretty much were - bar the EU shenanigans - so it wouldn't be without precedent :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,721 ✭✭✭Otacon

Didn't SEGA's financial reports for this year indicate that Persona 5 would release in Japan and the US in Q4 of this year?

• Advertisement

Believe so, and Atlus themselves have said 2015 for the 'Americas'. But like all games these days it will boil down to whether or not it needs a bit more time in the oven, even if Atlus will be keen to get it out ASAP. As said, they'll be pushing for a close-to-simultaneous release one way or the other.

Advertisement