Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

I guess it's because I'm not a FF or Shenmue fan I didn't find much to be interested in there apart from Hitman 47 which is multi plat and Unchartered 4 looked alright but crashed?

I did find it a little hypocritical Sony talking TV tbh.

I still think it's very odd they brought a big game on stage but then gets everyone else to pay for the production of it?

If they had only announced a new Crash Bandicoot however... :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The fact uncharted crashed is a good thing though. Shows they're confident enough to show actual code running rather than something heavily scripted even if it bit them in the ass.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

But 2013 was a PR disaster for Microsoft. This seems to have been a PR success for Sony.

In terms of content Sony had very little as was expected, but neither did Microsoft. Both companies will be fairly happy with their showing.
    I am referring more to what each company was focused on gamewise, Sony showed great exclusives like No mans Sky and Uncharted 4 as well as other exclusive titles and showcased their major support to indie developers.

Microsoft was more focused on Call of Duty, multi-plats and just announced a few exclusives.

What I am saying is Sony seem to be shifting their focus. They have a huge slice of the pie and I think they are getting complacent. Xbox is learning very quickly from Sony and they are focusing hard on exclusives and features. Sony showed them the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 709 ✭✭✭Ranchu

I should probably get out the Dreamcast and finish shenmue 2. I still vividly remember the bit where I got stuck.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

I am referring more to what each company was focused on gamewise, Sony showed great exclusives like No mans Sky and Uncharted 4 as well as other exclusive titles and showcased their major support to indie developers.

Microsoft was more focused on Call of Duty, multi-plats and just announced a few exclusives.

What I am saying is Sony seem to be shifting their focus. They have a huge slice of the pie and I think they are getting complacent. Xbox is learning very quickly from Sony and they are focusing hard on exclusives and features. Sony showed them the way.
    Sony suffered some delays and are looking very bare exclusive wise for the important holiday period. So as expected they had to pad out their event with multi-platform releases and ****ty exclusive DLC. Not a shift in focus.

And I think they spent about 2 mins on TV stuff. You seem to be trying to paint your own narrative.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Sony suffered some delays and are looking very bare exclusive wise for the important holiday period. So as expected they had to pad out their event with multi-platform releases and ****ty exclusive DLC. Not a shift in focus.

And I think they spent about 2 mins on TV stuff. You seem to be trying to paint your own narrative.
    It's right here in black and white from Sony's Andrew House.
    Speaking at the Electronics Investor Relations Day 2015, House said that he does believe that getting good third party content is key and that Sony has a leg up because of the market share of the PS4 as well as the momentum, according to new information. The executive also said that instead of going for “complete” exclusives when it comes to third party games, the company is working with developers in order to take advantage of the things the PS4 is able to do when compared to the other consoles on the market.

http://gamingbolt.com/sonys-andrew-house-admits-ps4-first-party-games-are-sparse-says-exclusives-are-hard-to-get

• Registered Users Posts: 9,460 ✭✭✭Orizio

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Well that Sony conference was their worst in years. Let's face it, very light on exclusives and new announcements. Last Gaurdian could be good but the demo disappointed. Horizon looked meh and is from a developer with a track record of bland games. Uncharted 4 kind of saved it. Last years presentation was heavily scripted, this looked a lot closer to actual gameplay. It might be more of the same but that's not a bad thing. Looked fantastic.

The rest weren't exclusives and FF7 looks like it's a long way off and a developer with a very poor track record is in charge, especially considering they were in charge of the horrendous advent children. Expect lots of retconning to fit that movie into canon.

...did someone from Sony piss in your cornflakes when you were younger or something? The hatred you have for the company is utterly bizarre and the above flies in the face of almost everyone else's opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭Metroid diorteM

Best e3 ever.

FF7FTW

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Best e3 ever.

Fallout 4 Pipboy Edition

FYP ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

Orizio wrote: »
    ...did someone from Sony piss in your cornflakes when you were younger or something? The hatred you have for the company is utterly bizarre and the above flies in the face of almost everyone else's opinion.

To be fair retr0 is cynical about nearly every single game there is. I don't think it's just sony that's targeted alone, I hear nothing but negativity from him regarding most things.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

Kirby wrote: »
    How though? What do they offer on ps4 that you cant get on pc or xbone? Surely thats what your rate the press conference on. Showing Cod or assassins creed or FF7 or whatever is pointless. That stuff is ending up everywhere.

Uncharted looked amazing as you would expect from Naughty dog. And I liked that Horizon turok type game looked cool. Ill be getting them.

But lets not go nuts here. They didnt show anything ground breaking. Where are the tons of exclusive? There werent many.

Tbf, could say the exact same about Microsoft, and I'd take Uncharted over Halo any day.

Neither have really shown much in the way of exclusives

• Registered Users Posts: 1,612 ✭✭✭uncleoswald

It's right here in black and white from Sony's Andrew House.

So they have had difficulties getting exclusives for this financial year so have to concentrate on DLC and timed excluves etc..., but they are investing heavily for the future at the moment. Kinda like I said?

You are claiming some massive shift in focus from Sony but no such shift exists. They gave about the same time to indies and just had to lean on multi-platforms a little harder then I'm sure they would have hoped. And were Microsoft's exclusives really that much more memorable or bountiful anyway?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,388 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Glad I didn't stay up, a nice load of news to wake up to instead!

Very much looking forward to getting my hands on that ambitious Media Molecule game after the underappreciated masterpiece that is Tearaway (underappreciaton being inevitable when you're on a largely unloved console - thankfully soon to change). And nice to see a bit of prominent attention for Firewatch, undoubtedly one of more intriguing independent games being produced at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Not a NSA agent

Anyone know where I can find a video summary of what was mentioned at each event?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

When I saw FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 I thought, holy crap Sony knocked it outta the park. Upon further reading though. FF7 is a timed exclusive an Shenmue 3 was just an announcement of a Kickstarter.

I'll watch the conference proper when I get home though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Anyone know where I can find a video summary of what was mentioned at each event?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057446753

• Registered Users Posts: 29,787 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

FF7 remake, Shenmue 3, Last Guardian, WTF did I miss last night!!! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

After Shenmue 3 and The Last Guardian, what are the odds we'll get Half Life 3 at the PC Gaming conference tonight? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

titan18 wrote: »
    After Shenmue 3 and The Last Guardian, what are the odds we'll get Half Life 3 at the PC Gaming conference tonight? :)

Damn you beat me to it.

After the last 2 days of amazing announcements i wouldn't be surprised. I'd be dead, but not surprised.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Half Life 3 Kickstarter with a goal of 1 billion dollars....it would get it. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭Noxin

FF VII.......

448.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,229 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Orizio wrote: »
    _Redzer_ wrote: »
    To be fair retr0 is cynical about nearly every single game there is. I don't think it's just sony that's targeted alone, I hear nothing but negativity from him regarding most things.

Well if you disagree then feel free to tell me why I'm wrong and get in on the discussion instead of moaning like children.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭Stone Deaf 4evr

Only just logging on to catch up on the news from last nights ubisoft and sony panel, am I right in saying they used what is arguably the biggest stage in the gaming industry to launch a kickstarter? Thats just tragic if true, and downright cheeky as well. whats the funding goal? I'd imagine a game like shenmue 3 is going to need a multi million dollar budget.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

I'd settle for Left 4 Dead 3 :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

I thought Sony's was great, but I'm a big fan of Ico, SotC and Shenmue, so it obviously ticked all those boxes for me,despite the fact that Shenmue would be years away from release.

Trying to dampen by excitement for the above 2, it was a solid showing capped off with an excellent demo of Uncharted. I think Horizon looks great bit people at right, we should be wary of Guerilla Games.

On the flip side, I thought Xbox's showing was solid as well, nothing there to warrant an Xbox One purchase (besides Gerald, I love me some Gears) imo but plenty to keep existing owners happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Only just logging on to catch up on the news from last nights ubisoft and sony panel, am I right in saying they used what is arguably the biggest stage in the gaming industry to launch a kickstarter? Thats just tragic if true, and downright cheeky as well. whats the funding goal? I'd imagine a game like shenmue 3 is going to need a multi million dollar budget.

From what I understand, if the developer can reach the 2 mill via Kickstarter then the publisher will take the reins and fully fund it. Kickstarter is just being used to judge the public mood for the sequel.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,787 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

ERG89 wrote: »
    I'd settle for Left 4 Dead 3 :cool:

On PS4, absolutely YESSS to this idea!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

From what I understand, if the developer can reach the 2 mill via Kickstarter then the publisher will take the reins and fully fund it. Kickstarter is just being used to judge the public mood for the sequel.

Its at $1.7m i'll guess we'll see when it reaches $2m but i'd echo Stone Deaf 4evr a kickstarter campaign launch shouldn't happen on stage of E3 nobody looks good out of it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Shenmue up to 1.7 million, safe to say it's happening

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

rizzla wrote: »
    When I saw FF7 remake and Shenmue 3 I thought, holy crap Sony knocked it outta the park. Upon further reading though. FF7 is a timed exclusive an Shenmue 3 was just an announcement of a Kickstarter.

I'll watch the conference proper when I get home though.

See this is the downside of reading, You don't get the hype first hand. you read and it's just meh.

Oh two games people thought weren't going to happening are happening....oh it's not exclusive, ugh it's just kickstarter, even though it's practically smashed it's goal with 31 days left

Advertisement