Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Shenmue up to 1.7 million, safe to say it's happening

Was a big fan of the first one on the Dreamcast.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sheehy83 wrote: »
    On PS4, absolutely YESSS to this idea!

I'd actually want to buy a VR headset to play a game like L4D

I'd pledge money to Shenmue 3 if getting my name in the credits was cheaper.:D
    Haven't had my name printed anywhere since winning a competition for a Game Boy in the RTE guide when I was a kid :o

• Registered Users Posts: 11,973 ✭✭✭✭titan18

I'd imagine Sony will put money in for Shenmue 3, and surely they'd remaster Shenmue 1 and 2 before releasing 3 and having them all on PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

See this is the downside of reading, You don't get the hype first hand. you read and it's just meh.

Oh two games people thought weren't going to happening are happening....oh it's not exclusive, ugh it's just kickstarter, even though it's practically smashed it's goal with 31 days left

Don't believe the hype :)

I'm happy the games are coming out don't get me wrong it's just, not as big a get for Sony. A timed exclusive and a Kickstarter which will be on every platform it can be on, eventually.

The gaming fans win though, 2 big games!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

rizzla wrote: »
    Don't believe the hype :)

I'm happy the games are coming out don't get me wrong it's just, not as big a get for Sony. A timed exclusive and a Kickstarter which will be on every platform it can be on, eventually.

The gaming fans win though, 2 big games!

by the wording shenmue is ps4 and pc only

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,231 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Anyone want to give me a TL/DR of the Sony conference? I was asleep.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Anyone want to give me a TL/DR of the Sony conference? I was asleep.

FF7
    Last Guardian
    Uncharted 4

Fanboys dead.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

titan18 wrote: »
    I'd imagine Sony will put money in for Shenmue 3, and surely they'd remaster Shenmue 1 and 2 before releasing 3 and having them all on PS4.

Well the first stretch goal is remastered cutscenes of 1&2, for a kind of "Previously....on Shenmue" at the start of 3. Maybe if they push through all the current SG's it might get added.

It's so much fun reading over the previous comments regarding Sony and just seeing people's initial reactions to things. So - who won E3? Sony or Microsoft?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

It's so much fun reading over the previous comments regarding Sony and just seeing people's initial reactions to things. So - who won E3? Sony or Microsoft?

Nintendo will win again

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Bethesda apparently, the fight is for second place but there are many many star wars fanboys so really it's a fight for 3rd....who's gonna get the bronze medal bragging rights :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lads I absolutely detest the PC Master Race brigade but if Half Life 3 gets announced tonight, then it's game over!

Is it worth staying up to see the PC showcase?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I was hoping Sony would announce legend of dragoon 2 but the wait goes on .

:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

What time is HL3 being announced? :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,504 ✭✭✭runawaybishop

MagicIRL wrote: »
    What time is HL3 being announced? :P

3pm.

I'd absolutely love to stay up, just to get the reaction to HL3.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I was hoping Sony would announce legend of dragoon 2 but the wait goes on .

Don't even joke about it. That game could be like Voldemort and invoking it's name could awaken true evil.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,278 ✭✭✭Dr. Mantis Toboggan

I'd absolutely love to stay up, just to get the reaction to no HL3.
    FYP

man-crying-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

"We hear at Valve want to welcome you to the new era. Starting with the launch of the Steam Machines, Steam OS and Steam VR, we're ready to take Half Life to the next level.

Starting next weekend, play as your favourite Half Life characters in Team Fortress 2. For any veteran HL players, you will be pleased to find six exclusive new hats available to you in-game, for no extra charge!"

• Advertisement

FYP

You never know, they could pull a Fallout 4.

... absolute radiosilence (bar the teaser) and then.. wham .. RELEASING THIS YEAR!

I do think that if they ever release the Steam console (is that actually still happening), then that's when they would announce the likes of Portal 3, Half-Life 3, and Team Fortress 3.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Don't even joke about it. That game could be like Voldemort and invoking it's name could awaken true evil.

He he :D

Disappointed with Sony to be honest;

Uncharted was ok (I do admit graphically / technically it looks stunning) but maybe that's because since I have played the first 3 I'm burned out and nothing really surprised me all that much except the car chase in the demo. (not very clear about controls or QTE sequences so I'm still sceptical)
    Somebody made a good point earlier about the demo, I'm glad at least it was real code that they showed, like Fallout4 the devs showing customers actually representations of the final product not bull**** like Watch Dogs.

FF7 remake I'm happy it's happening but 2017 release? Meh, no point in revealing over 2 years early IMO.
    Again, should have done a Fallout 4 on it and have the game to near completion before reveal.

The Last Guardian I never cared for so I can't comment

If I was to review E3 2015 so far.....the best in years so far.

Microsoft really won back some of it's audience here and I loved there conference.
    Sony I was disappointed with so MS regained some ground here IMO
    EA - pfff

But the real winner so far is Bethesda

Lets hope Nintendo reveal a new Metroid or Bayonetta
    And PC conference reveals HL3...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

I nearly feel sorry for the HL3 developers, its never going to live up to the hype. At the end of the day its another first person shooter, thats all it is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ozymandiusm8

I nearly feel sorry for the HL3 developers, its never going to live up to the hype. At the end of the day its another first person shooter, thats all it is.

That's all HL2 was, what set it apart however was that it was revolutionary for the time, the Source engine was far ahead of most other engines in 2004 and even the fact characters in-game would watch your movements and follow you as they spoke was a big deal. What's likely to happen is that HL3 is going to release as a launch title to accompany Valve's VR headset, this being the "revolutionary" aspect to make it stand out. Then again they might do the smart thing and just abandon the series all together.

No one really expects HL3 to be amazing, right? I loved the HL games but most of the "hype" for HL3 appears to come from people spouting cringe-worthy "hl3 confurmed guise 2-6=5=23-4=hl3" and has just constantly been in the spotlight as a result. I don't think I've met anyone who has any sort of high hopes for it or ever did.

That's all HL2 was, what set it apart however was that it was revolutionary for the time, the Source engine was far ahead of most other engines in 2004 and even the fact characters in-game would watch your movements and follow you as they spoke was a big deal. What's likely to happen is that HL3 is going to release as a launch title to accompany Valve's VR headset, this being the "revolutionary" aspect to make it stand out. Then again they might do the smart thing and just abandon the series all together.

No one really expects HL3 to be amazing, right? I loved the HL games but most of the "hype" for HL3 appears to come from people spouting cringe-worthy "hl3 confurmed guise 2-6=5=23-4=hl3" and has just constantly been in the spotlight as a result. I don't think I've met anyone who has any sort of high hopes for it or ever did.

HL2 still looks amazing - a decade later. I remember when this video was initially screened and it was one of the most mindblowing things I had ever seen. The facial animations were incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 ozymandiusm8

HL2 still looks amazing - a decade later. I remember when this video was initially screened and it was one of the most mindblowing things I had ever seen. The facial animations were incredible.

Agreed, the fact games today are still being released based on the Source Engine such as Neo-Tokyo and Titanfall is a testament to how well its stood the test of the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,116 ✭✭✭✭RasTa

Shemue 3

computer-crying.gif

Last Guardian

Greys-Anatomy.gif

No Man's Sky

Unchartred 4

Street Fighter 5

Nice one Sony yet again.

Not surprisingly that wasn't enough for the Xbox fanboys.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

I've grown very cynical towards E3 this year, I must confess (likely to the mocking of many of the rest of ye :pac:). Don't get me wrong, I was as happy as anybody to wake up this morning and finally find out that The Last Guardian is still alive. But I just can't buy into the general 'hype' anymore.

It's increasingly disappointing to me that by far the biggest event of the year isn't built around finished games, but rather the promises (often broken) of games months or years away from release, the announcement of blockbusters, the release of trailers (ads by any other name). It's these giant companies setting the agenda - and players and the gaming media alike totally buy into the marketing team manufactured hype (although there's that whole complex cycle of the media serving the players, and the players setting the media agenda). I mean, this is the way grown adults react to a CG trailer of a remake at a Sony press conference?!

I don't totally want to be the grinch looking to steal E3 - there's no doubt whatsoever there is much 'good news' released at E3, with lots of games lots of people really want to play (and plenty I look forward to playing). And it's nice to see plenty of skepticism in this thread and elsewhere about some of the content revealed so far. There's always a handful of smaller, more unusual games that benefit from such a big stage too (great to see the beautiful-looking Unravel make such an impact, like No Man's Sky continues to do). But I can't shake off the feeling that above all E3 is one of the most horribly effective marketing events in existence (not the only one - ComicCon would be another example, or Apple's presentations), and that really we shouldn't be getting quite so excited about a show that is above all else a way of gigantic companies to sell their unfinished products (products first, art a distant second at E3). Is an even healthier dose of cynicism and skepticism need amid the endless Randy Marsh splurging jpegs?

Man, why the **** did I type that :pac: *puts on flameproof suit*

• Advertisement

That's essentially what the world is moving towards - promises as opposed to finish products. Look at the Early Access market. And now that it is spreading to consoles, it just means that the problem is getting much worse.

Advertisement