Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,345 ✭✭✭✭Vicxas

Xenji wrote: »
    Dinosaurs are the new zombies it seems.

And i've never been more OK with that.

Imagine a L4D with Dino's.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The reactions were really pathetic last night, kind of shows that the games popular press is mostly made up of scream fanboys rather than anyone capable of actual journalistic analysis.

I bet you reacted just like them when you heard that Beyond: Two Souls was coming to the PS4…

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I bet you reacted just like them when you heard that Beyond: Two Souls was coming to the PS4…

Yes, but with more vomit. I think Sony are trying to recoup losses on that game. It didn't sell well at all and was heavily discounted within a month. Rightfully so as well, it's really awful. I will say it's a laugh in co-op with the right person there to make fun of it and laugh at all the stupid bits (basically the whole thing).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Wait, the PC gaming show is 3 hours long!?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Wait, the PC gaming show is 3 hours long!?

I wouldn't expect anything less for the master race... And that is with SSDs to make the load times even shorter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    The reactions were really pathetic last night, kind of shows that the games popular press is mostly made up of scream fanboys rather than anyone capable of actual journalistic analysis.

This. It's completely and utterly bizarre, unprofessional behaviour if you look at it from the perspective of someone who critically analyses other aspects of society and art; be it politics, sport whatever.

Imo it's a huge reason why videogames don't even register on the radar of a huge amount of both the general population and the art society, and for those for which it does, why they don't take it seriously. I mean how could you take it seriously when the people who's apparent job it is to critique and promote the work don't even take their work seriously. Some of them appear as if they're only there because they won a competition to meet their favourite game developer and then proceed with all the objectivity of same.

The whole process from announcement to breakdown is bizarre. You go from people, who either clearly don't want to or aren't able to, being put on stage in their favourite retro t-shirt and blazer to carefully read their choreographed two sentences, then cut to a trailer, and then cut to awkward fan/analyst in the studio who'll either be losing their minds with excitement or have nothing to say on it at all.

The poor girl in that video is trying to go on as normal taking notes whilst watching the three lads knowing that there's probably no point.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    The poor girl in that video is trying to go on as normal taking notes whilst watching the three lads knowing that there's probably no point.

You haven't watched GT enough if you think that's the case. Watch an episode of Mandatory Update by them.

Nice to see boards like everywhere else on the internet likes to criticise people who are happy about something they like.

If Liverpool ever manage to win a league title I'll remember to sit down quietly with no emotion and also make time to critique the way other fans react.

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Cormac... wrote: »
    Judging by some of the stuff she does as part of the Co-Optional Broadcast I'd say she's well used to it :D

I think you're confusing elyse willems from GT trailers with dodger from the co-optional podcast

I think you're confusing elyse willems from GT trailers with dodger from the co-optional podcast

Ah, women. They all look the same…

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

tok9 wrote: »
    You haven't watched GT enough if you think that's the case. Watch an episode of Mandatory Update by them.

Nice to see boards like everywhere else on the internet likes to criticise people who are happy about something they like.

What sort of guff is this?
    If Liverpool ever manage to win a league title I'll remember to sit down quietly with no emotion and also make time to critique the way other fans react.

Fans can react in whatever way they please.

But if it's your job to objectively assess and critique something then you should have the wherewithal to be able to separate your personal interests and weigh up the merits and flaws of what's in front of you. And if you can't then you're not really all that cut out for it and shouldn't be expecting anyone to pay any notice of what you have to say.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

Theres a difference between winning a league title and announcing you're going to win it with a few seconds long trailer and then not telling people it will be years before it will ever happen.

You're comparing Liverpool winning the league (it'll never happen!!! :P) to watching a a 15 second reveal trailer? Seriously?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    What sort of guff is this?

Fans can react in whatever way they please.

But if it's your job to objectively assess and critique something then you should have the wherewithal to be able to separate your personal interests and weigh up the merits and flaws of what's in front of you. And if you can't then you're not really all that cut out for it and shouldn't be expecting anyone to pay any notice of what you have to say.

But is that really their job? If you check their site they do a bunch of silly shows and let's plays and playthroughs. A lot of the people on that team would be more like enthusiasts rather than journalists (if not all of them).

I like their stuff because I like them. No one is being forced to watch them and it's completely fine if you don't like them. It's just odd how people go out of their way to actually complain about something they didn't even care about before.

Theres a difference between winning a league title and announcing you're going to win it with a few seconds long trailer and then not telling people it will be years before it will ever happen.

One is deemed socially acceptable and the other isn't?

Can we stfu about how they reacted now please? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

If Liverpool ever manage to win a league title

Lay off guys, he's obviously mentally exhausted from the days events.

You're comparing Liverpool winning the league (it'll never happen!!! :P) to watching a a 15 second reveal trailer? Seriously?

Bit of a stretch alright but I'm more so just saying that people are different and get joy from different things.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

In fairness I would have guesses that the audience would be a mix of journalists and employees of the companies doing the presentation. Admittedly I only watched Giant Bombs coverage but there was more than a healthy dose of cynicism there.

Now we rest for the glorious PC gaming Master race showcase tonight.

I'm a PC gamer but I really hate this whole GLORIOUS MASTER RACE crap.

• Advertisement

It really is the worst thing on the internet when it comes to gaming.

I hope you know i was joking, right? :/

• Registered Users Posts: 821 ✭✭✭Techniques07

Yeah but it's not nearly as bad as the xbox ps fanboy thing.

Vicxas wrote: »
    I hope you know i was joking, right? :/

I'm talking about it in general not just you mentioning it.

I'm talking about it in general not just you mentioning it.

Oh yeah, some people take it Waaaaay too far

Yeah but it's not nearly as bad as the xbox ps fanboy thing.

Any kind of fanboyism is ****e.

But is that really their job?

If they are paid for it then yes.
    If you check their site they do a bunch of silly shows and let's plays and playthroughs. A lot of the people on that team would be more like enthusiasts rather than journalists (if not all of them).

All of which they do to get hits and subscriptions and thus generate revenue. They are not going it out of the goodness of the hearts. Fair balls to them, I'm sure they are handsomely rewarded for it but that that doesn't make them immune to being criticised. They themselves put this up for public consumption. It's not like I spotted them in a nightclub, recorded them dancing badly and then posted it up to take the piss out of them.
    I like their stuff because I like them. No one is being forced to watch them and it's completely fine if you don't like them.

That's great. I never said I was forced to watch them. If someone posts a link and I click on it, does that constitute being forced?
    It's just odd how people go out of their way to actually complain about something they didn't even care about before.

I didn't have to find a Sherpa to take me down the mountain so that I could find a broadband connection so that I could take out my hand crank laptop to comment…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭Falthyron

I understand, it's a heavy burden to carry, brother. Say five Hail GabeNs later and play a game from 1998 without having to pay a subscription or boot up an old console. That should help! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

pc_master_race_by_thewarrises-d5gmwti.jpg

Why does the dude have 3 hats?? 3 way SLI config perhaps?

• Advertisement

If they are paid for it then yes.

They are paid to entertain.
    All of which they do to get hits and subscriptions and thus generate revenue. They are not going it out of the goodness of the hearts. Fair balls to them, I'm sure they are handsomely rewarded for it but that that doesn't make them immune to being criticised. They themselves put this up for public consumption. It's not like I spotted them in a nightclub, recorded them dancing badly and then posted it up to take the piss out of them.

I don't really know what your point is here.
    That's great. I never said I was forced to watch them. If someone posts a link and I click on it, does that constitute being forced?

No.
    I didn't have to find a Sherpa to take me down the mountain so that I could find a broadband connection so that I could take out my hand crank laptop to comment…

But you are interested enough to keep discussing it.

Advertisement