Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super E3 2015 - General Discussion Turbo Redux Edition

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

On the conferences today. I'd love to see a Metroid game similar to prime announced and Super Mario Galaxy 3. That would be amazing.

It'd be nice to see some gameplay for Deus Ex and Hitman at Square.

I won't watch the PC one just because it's on too late and for way too long. There is no way they can maintain interest in a 3 hour conference but I'll be interested to hear what comes out of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tok9 wrote: »
    They are paid to entertain.

So we can take it that we can consider this their job or career?
    I don't really know what your point is here.

They might be enthusiasts but they are not doing purely for the purposes of being enthusiasts. They are making money for it. If someone is making money to perform a role then I think they're fair game in terms of criticism in relation to that role.
    No.

Good. I hate this 'no one's forcing you to watch/play/eat it…' rebuttal. No, they're not but that doesn't mean I can't say it's sh¡t if I think it is.
    But you are interested enough to keep discussing it.

Doesn't mean I have to going out of my way here. Refreshing a page and typing hardly requires effort.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 dsemicky

Direct coming soon.

Unless Iwata, Reggie, Miyomoto and all of Nintendo corporate come on, announce the NX that is so powerful it can oversee a f*cking lunar landing before proceeding to pick up a shotgun and blow their f*cking heads off then I've about as much interest in Nintendo as Ricky Martin has in Kate Uptons t!ts

• Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

If Liverpool ever manage to win a league title I'll remember to sit down quietly with no emotion and also make time to critique the way other fans react.
    comedy at its finest talk of pool winning a league title is the talk of madmen world over :D

i think your safe enough mate you wont have to sit there dignified its not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,417 ✭✭✭FAILSAFE 00

* FF7 update.

Its just begun production.

So it looks like about 2018 for release, *stands up screams yeahhhhh! the excitement!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

* FF7 update.

Its have just begun production.

So it looks like about 2018 for release, *stands up screams yeahhhhh! the excitement!

Tickets for the hype train please

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

* FF7 update.

Its have just begun production.

I sh¡t myself with excitement, passed out, woke up in my own filth, realized this is happening and sh¡t myself again.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,786 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

It'd be nice to see some gameplay for Deus Ex and Hitman at Square.

Completely forgot, I'm sure I read there will be Deus Ex footage shown, can't wait for that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Uncharted 4 looks like movie of the year 2016, can't wait....

I dunno how I feel about the FF7 remake, yes I adored the game 20 years ago, but I don't know if I could I adore it again, eye candy aside....

Last Guardian looks great, as expected!

Nothing else really had me out of my seat, Battlefront made my jaw drop though....

What time is the PC show on at?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

comedy at its finest talk of pool winning a league title is the talk of madmen world over :D

i think your safe enough mate you wont have to sit there dignified its not gonna happen.

Less of that....

FF7 remake and the Last Guardian was the talk of madmen up until last night....

Our year....

;(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,212 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

Fieldog wrote: »
    Less of that....

FF7 remake and the Last Guardian was the talk of madmen up until last night....

Our year....

;(
    sorry :( it had to be said though ;)

Probably best we just leave it. I like them, you don't. I've no problem with you doing whatever you want! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,744 ✭✭✭raze_them_all_

Uncharted 4 looks like movie of the year 2016, can't wait....

I dunno how I feel about the FF7 remake, yes I adored the game 20 years ago, but I don't know if I could I adore it again, eye candy aside....

Last Guardian looks great, as expected!

Nothing else really had me out of my seat, Battlefront made my jaw drop though....

1AM

• Registered Users Posts: 6,618 ✭✭✭Mr Freeze

So Square Enix are in trouble are they?

Many of you said, there would never be a FF7 remake until SE was desperate for cash. Has the day come?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

But is that really their job? If you check their site they do a bunch of silly shows and let's plays and playthroughs. A lot of the people on that team would be more like enthusiasts rather than journalists (if not all of them).

For clarity's sake, I'm going to reiterate that my original post was more a point about gaming journalism as a whole and I simply used that video as a reference to make the point. I don't know whether you missed that or just ignored it.

Now that being said, plenty of professions rely on being able to offer insight in an entertaining manner. That video illustrates how so much of gaming shows, journalism, whatever label you want to put on them completely miss the objective insight part and just end up acting more akin to agenda driven fan art.
    I like their stuff because I like them. No one is being forced to watch them and it's completely fine if you don't like them. It's just odd how people go out of their way to actually complain about something they didn't even care about before.

So it's fine if somebody doesn't like something just so long as they keep quiet?

Like I said to your previous post, what sort of guff is this?

Adamcp898 wrote: »
    So it's fine if somebody doesn't like something just so long as they keep quiet?

Like I said to your previous post, what sort of guff is this?

You're right, you can say what you want.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I wrote a totally off (I guess originally on) topic post to do with e3, hit refresh, saw that the host review panel were still in full swing, deleted prior post, wrote this BS and now i'm unfollowing.
    This is why we can't have nice things :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,469 ✭✭✭Adamcp898

I wrote a totally off (I guess originally on) topic post to do with e3, hit refresh, saw that the host review panel were still in full swing, deleted prior post, wrote this BS and now i'm unfollowing.
    This is why we can't have nice things :P

Well I guess that's showed us.....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,911 ✭✭✭bradlente

What are the chances of seeing anymore ff related stuff from SE later?Highly doubt there's much more done than that trailer.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,222 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Tecmo Koei just trademarked 'Atelier Sophie', could be a new Atelier trilogy for the PS4. People should be more excited about a new Atelier game than a FF7 remake considering the series is way better than that game ever was at the moment but alas people want nostalgia.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Hoping for a new Metroid and Monkey Ball game, to see more of Starfox and some new announcements.

Doubt they will say anything about NX, they will still want to keep Wii U sales.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

What time will nintendo and square enix shows start at?

You just have to love nintendo.

Now for nintendo

Nintendo is on now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Br2CDn8ISWE

Muppets!

SE presentation is on at 18.00.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,253 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

ahahaha brilliant :D

Square enix are straight after?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Looks like a proper Starfox game, thankfully.

Advertisement